Bluewave Audio Get - Bluetooth 5.0 AptX HD 24 bit amp/DAC
Feb 6, 2018 at 7:38 AM Post #181 of 290
Does BW have any plans of releasing a IEM/Portable headphone version of the GET?
One with less gain to reduce the noise floor on low impedance/high sens. devices.

It seems like the main complaints come down to, there is too much background noise, the volume steps are too large on most devices that don't need a lot of power, and the wheel is loose (which means accidental eardrum splitting volume, which again can be attributed to too much power for most IEMs/Portables).

This looks like a great device for headphones in general. But I don't see myself taking my LCD-2s on a stroll very often. An low impedance/high sens. version would probably hit the nail on the head with respects to the complaints I've read of the GET (Or maybe even one with a switch to change between functions).

Any ideas? I'm talking out of my butt here. I don't know much, I'm just going off of what I've read.

They are working on a low gain version. The switch isn't on the radar right now because it requires a redesign... I've tried a prototype of the low gain and impedance adapters. Both do an excellent job of controlling the hiss without sacrificing the quality.

Feb 10, 2018 at 1:13 PM Post #185 of 290
The funny thing is...if it’s for IEM use there are other competitors who have that covered in a larger size with better volume control and whatnot but this is basically the first try and for them to get it so good is a lot as is. I use my Get with my oppo pm-3 and I have no complaints. My volume wheel is actually quite sticky. Unless it’s in my pocket nothing bumps it to ridiculous volumes in my experience.

Feb 13, 2018 at 5:01 AM Post #187 of 290
Mine arrived few weeks ago but havent really got the time to test it.

So far it is probably the best sounding bluetooth device. I am using it with my lgv30+ and you get to choose best sound quality.

It has slightly larger sound stage and bass boost. I am using it with my oriolus mk2 iem.

There are some hissing since i am using iem.

Overall it definately sound better than lgv30 with or without impedance adapter in the lgv30.

It doesnt really have a unique sound signature like mojo or other high end dap.

It also sound better than those creative portable dac amp.

The only issues are with violins and classical music. Sometimes the notes are not connecting properly. (due to bluetooth i guess)

Feb 13, 2018 at 11:05 PM Post #190 of 290
Heck yeah! Will be getting my second one this week or next. Way too good for planars on the go :wink:

Nice! Which planar have you used with them? I'm about to hit the buy button on the Monolith M1060C's... :) They're SUPER low impedance for a planar, so I'm wondering how it fares with other planar headsets.

Feb 17, 2018 at 6:29 AM Post #192 of 290
I have received my replacement, and it is a lot better than the old one. It isn't possible to block the signal with my arm, any more.
But if you, like me, have solid concrete walls, you might not get much of a distance anyway. The signal won't go through my 15cm, carbon steel reinforced, concrete walls.
I don't know why, because like I have mentioned before, I have a Samsung unit that can do it (and it is even smaller than the Get).

To clarify, if I have my phone in my hallway. It happens to split the apartment in two equal halves. I don't have to have line of sight, with the Get.
The kitchen is about 1m and to the right. I can get about 4m in to it (out of the 5, that is it's length). But it's drywall, not loadbearing.

If I instead try to go into the two rooms furthest away (3m through the hallway), then I reach about 2m inside of them. It seems a little strange to get the same distance through the concrete and drywall.
Anyway, if I let's say, place the phone in the kitchen. And walk into the office or the bathroom (the rooms, next to it). Then it won't work. The office is through the concrete wall and some cabinets or the fridge/refrigerator.
The reverse was a common before, because I used to recharge the phone in that room and be in the citchen listening to music or audiobooks.
There is a similar problem with the bathroom, and it is a tiled drywall.

I will stop rambling now. I agree that the Get has a wonderful sound and design. Just wished that the unit had a little stronger connection.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back