1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Bluewave Audio Get - Bluetooth 5.0 AptX HD 24 bit amp/DAC

Discussion in 'Portable Headphone Amps' started by Karendar, Aug 5, 2017.
First

Back
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Next

Last
  1. Karendar
    They are working on a low gain version. The switch isn't on the radar right now because it requires a redesign... I've tried a prototype of the low gain and impedance adapters. Both do an excellent job of controlling the hiss without sacrificing the quality.

2. Saltdiscus
    Can the get connect to note 8 thru usb and be used with Bluetooth headphones.

3. reunknown
    That would be useless, as GET is a receiver, not a transmitter. GET is designed to work with wired headphones to reap the benefits of an amplifier.

4. Felicitous
    If I order another Get today will I still wait till I forget about it to receive it? :p or will I get it in a reasonable amount of time now?

5. Felicitous
    The funny thing is...if it’s for IEM use there are other competitors who have that covered in a larger size with better volume control and whatnot but this is basically the first try and for them to get it so good is a lot as is. I use my Get with my oppo pm-3 and I have no complaints. My volume wheel is actually quite sticky. Unless it’s in my pocket nothing bumps it to ridiculous volumes in my experience.

6. Karendar
    Considering they're in production and they almost went through all the Indiegogo orders, should be fairly quick. :wink:

7. gunwale
    Mine arrived few weeks ago but havent really got the time to test it.

So far it is probably the best sounding bluetooth device. I am using it with my lgv30+ and you get to choose best sound quality.

It has slightly larger sound stage and bass boost. I am using it with my oriolus mk2 iem.

There are some hissing since i am using iem.

Overall it definately sound better than lgv30 with or without impedance adapter in the lgv30.

It doesnt really have a unique sound signature like mojo or other high end dap.

It also sound better than those creative portable dac amp.

The only issues are with violins and classical music. Sometimes the notes are not connecting properly. (due to bluetooth i guess)

Karendar likes this.
  8. Pierre111
    Every past orders have been sent out. We normally ship new orders within 2 days.
    Thanks.
    Pierre

9. Felicitous
    Heck yeah! Will be getting my second one this week or next. Way too good for planars on the go :wink:

10. Karendar
    Nice! Which planar have you used with them? I'm about to hit the buy button on the Monolith M1060C's... :) They're SUPER low impedance for a planar, so I'm wondering how it fares with other planar headsets.

11. Felicitous
    I have the Oppo PM-3 and the HIFIMAN 400S. Bluetooth with power used to never be possible but now...heck yeah :wink:

12. Cane
    I have received my replacement, and it is a lot better than the old one. It isn't possible to block the signal with my arm, any more.
    But if you, like me, have solid concrete walls, you might not get much of a distance anyway. The signal won't go through my 15cm, carbon steel reinforced, concrete walls.
    I don't know why, because like I have mentioned before, I have a Samsung unit that can do it (and it is even smaller than the Get).

To clarify, if I have my phone in my hallway. It happens to split the apartment in two equal halves. I don't have to have line of sight, with the Get.
    The kitchen is about 1m and to the right. I can get about 4m in to it (out of the 5, that is it's length). But it's drywall, not loadbearing.

If I instead try to go into the two rooms furthest away (3m through the hallway), then I reach about 2m inside of them. It seems a little strange to get the same distance through the concrete and drywall.
    Anyway, if I let's say, place the phone in the kitchen. And walk into the office or the bathroom (the rooms, next to it). Then it won't work. The office is through the concrete wall and some cabinets or the fridge/refrigerator.
    The reverse was a common before, because I used to recharge the phone in that room and be in the citchen listening to music or audiobooks.
    There is a similar problem with the bathroom, and it is a tiled drywall.

I will stop rambling now. I agree that the Get has a wonderful sound and design. Just wished that the unit had a little stronger connection.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  13. reunknown
    -

Last edited: May 28, 2018
  14. Pierre111
    To all we now have the impedance adapters and also lower gain Gets, we only charge a 5$ shipping fee for the impedance adapter and 35$ to exchange Get for a lower gain with a much reduce noise floor, email us at info@bluewaveaudio.ca if interrested. No audible change in sound signature with our impedance adapter

tim0chan and Karendar like this.
  15. alpha421
    Sweet for the lower gain model.

First

Back
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Next

Last