BLOX TM5 - top earbud, competing with PK1 and OK1
Jan 25, 2010 at 7:42 AM Post #16 of 159
I did not know Fischer makes worthy earbuds. Do you mean canaphones, like Eterna? I am not interested to review them, because most likely I will spend my time just to make sure in RE0 superiority. I had Eterna and found it to be on CX300 / Marshmallow level, no higher. Looking at Eterna hype here, I thought that Fischer probably improved the driver. Even in this case, I am not interested in Eterna due to the built and comfort; it is not my cup of tea. Regarding other models, I did not hear any hype at all. Recently I bought Fischer Audio Omega to use its shells for some spare BA drivers I have on hands. I listened to it before disassembling and found it to be inferior to CX300.

Jan 25, 2010 at 8:45 AM Post #17 of 159
Any reason focusing on the PK1 versus the TM5 instead of the OK1 versus the TM5? I'm curious because the OK1 is technically the better SQ earbud. I really can't say personally as I haven't listened to the PK1, only the OK1.

It is intriguing that another earphone can match the balance and quality of the Yuin products, but it's not surprising. I think buds are very largely overlooked in the head-fi world. IEMs get all the attention. I grew up running an old Aiwa bud for nearly 20 years. I've run through a slew of IEMs over the past year or two including nearly all the top universals like the TF10, SE530, IE8, and UM3X and mid priced kings like the ER4S and PFE. I'm still very fond of buds and feel they deserve more praise then they get. I think there are a LOT of brands/models out there that kick some serious butt if anyone ever took the time to try them out. My main earphone is still a bud, the OK1. It has continuously proven to be better then anything else I've tried, although, I have come to consider a good amp and EQing an necessary evil of owning it in order to get the best experience. Nothing I have ever used as matched its realism.

Jan 25, 2010 at 9:13 AM Post #18 of 159
I also had re252 and re0 but kept pk1, earbuds forever
smily_headphones1.gif
. now we need to wait for dual driver earbuds, something like radius HP-TWF11

Jan 25, 2010 at 9:39 AM Post #19 of 159
I just did a comparison between ok2 and re252 without foams, re252 sounds like the music is between your ears, the elevated highs makes it easier to locate the drums but the improvement is small compared to ok2. ok2 has a much open sound, the music surround your head, not only the the center stage feels behind the head, the left and right instruments are also behind your head

Jan 25, 2010 at 11:52 AM Post #20 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by kostalex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I did not know Fischer makes worthy earbuds. Do you mean canaphones, like Eterna? I am not interested to review them, because most likely I will spend my time just to make sure in RE0 superiority. I had Eterna and found it to be on CX300 / Marshmallow level, no higher. Looking at Eterna hype here, I thought that Fischer probably improved the driver. Even in this case, I am not interested in Eterna due to the built and comfort; it is not my cup of tea. Regarding other models, I did not hear any hype at all. Recently I bought Fischer Audio Omega to use its shells for some spare BA drivers I have on hands. I listened to it before disassembling and found it to be inferior to CX300.

there are 7 earbuds model by Fischer Audio; FA-990/FA-740 VC/FA-761 NS/FA-454/FA-455/FA-457/FA-458

if we see the number, i think the highest model is FA-990

Fischer Audio FA-990 Limited Edition
0sm.jpg

990.jpg

the problem is i cannot found the estimation price
frown.gif

Jan 25, 2010 at 2:21 PM Post #21 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by a_tumiwa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
frown.gif

I can not find it here in RU too.

Jan 25, 2010 at 2:37 PM Post #22 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by mvw2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any reason focusing on the PK1 versus the TM5 instead of the OK1 versus the TM5?

I have no OK1 now. When I had it, I found it to be better than PK1 in technical terms. But at the end I prefer PK1, which is more engaging. So TM5 to PK1 comparison is more important to me, though I would like to compare all three.

Jan 25, 2010 at 6:10 PM Post #24 of 159
Otlichniy obzor! Ochen interesniy tabletki, navernoe kuplyu kogda viydut. Predpochitau tabletki IEMam kogda isolatcia ne kritichna. Biyli u menya PK1 - ochen lubil, no poteryal.
frown.gif
Svoyi PK2 podaril pape, a CM700 zvychat detalyno no ne ochen muzikalino - syhovato.

Jan 25, 2010 at 7:38 PM Post #25 of 159
Quote:

a CM700 zvychat detalyno no ne ochen muzikalino - syhovato.

I just don't understand why people there dislike CM700. I cannot agree with you that CM700 are not musical.
I've tried recently to find a replacement for these in the cans, but failed. After a bunch of cans i've tried in the store, consultant said me that from my comments he'd suggest AKG K272HD, but even those are too "muddy" compared to my CM700 - i barely can listen to them; and the others were even more muddy and with their basses highly exaggerated, so there were nothing but basses left from the music. Such cans are for sure not musical
wink.gif

Or, maybe, you know some cans with sound at least as clear and open as on CM700? I've thought of grado sr*25, but sound leakage is so great that i wouldn't risk to use these outdoors
smily_headphones1.gif

2kostalex: Thank you for your great review! Unfortunately, it seems that earbuds with great SQ and signature similar to CM700 have yet to come...

Jan 25, 2010 at 10:02 PM Post #26 of 159
Quote:

there are 7 earbuds model by Fischer Audio; FA-990/FA-740 VC/FA-761 NS/FA-454/FA-455/FA-457/FA-458

if we see the number, i think the highest model is FA-990

Fischer Audio FA-990 Limited Edition
0sm.jpg

990.jpg

frown.gif

From what i can find in google, the price was about $5 some time ago, and now it is OOP.
Also, from some tests in russian i've found, it seems that FA-990 are just ordinary cheap $5 earbuds, nothing unusual.

Jan 26, 2010 at 1:50 AM Post #27 of 159
what??? the highest model only $5??? how about the other 6 lower model?

for high end earbuds, dont forget Crossroads HR1 , it is very good earbuds

upcoming this year is sennheiser mx980, zephone nb01, blox tm5, mysterious earbuds, etc

Jan 26, 2010 at 5:38 AM Post #28 of 159
FA-740, FA-761 and FA-457 are sold for about $10 (btw, latter two seem to be iems, not earbuds), FA-454, 455 and 458 are all about $5. But you should keep in mind that the price can vary in different stores, so $5 may mean that this is just the cheaper store, not cheaper earbuds.

Jan 26, 2010 at 11:15 AM Post #30 of 159
Quote:

i think sennheiser mx980 is more expensive, will consider getting this one than mx980

More expensive than TM5?
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back