BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Jan 8, 2019 at 8:09 AM Post #1,337 of 5,353
@archy121 This one here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/AK-...-2-5-3-5-4-4mm-Upgrade-Cable/32873344719.html

Select the 3.5mm MMCX option for a normal 3.5mm TRS headphone out. Note that it's a regular unbalanced cable despite the description in the listing. It sounds better than the stock one supplied, however, it's a very short cable so bear that in mind.
How do youi know it's balanced or not. Why do they write it's balanced. Is it possible to buy in aliexpres balanced cable?

Jan 8, 2019 at 8:13 AM Post #1,338 of 5,353
Did anyone post the white? Here’s mine:

P.S. They look better in reality than on the photos. Waiting for the copper...
Which cooper cable have you ordered and waiting? As i will need to make my choice there.
By the way, nice color but especially with white apple brand- it should be nice combo. Only not so much white colour in hifi noways.. Anyway nice choice.

Jan 8, 2019 at 8:21 AM Post #1,339 of 5,353
How do youi know it's balanced or not. Why do they write it's balanced. Is it possible to buy in aliexpres balanced cable?

Look at the 3.5mm connector. If it has two black rings then it is a TRS connector, which is unbalanced. If it has three black rings then it is a 4-pole TRRS balanced connector/cable. Balanced headphone cables usually have 2.5mm connectors.

They have other options that are balanced but these are not MMCX with 3.5mm connectors.

There are plenty of MMCX balanced cables on Ali Express but very few have a 3.5mm 4-pole connector on the end.

Jan 8, 2019 at 8:30 AM Post #1,341 of 5,353
Which cooper cable have you ordered and waiting? As i will need to make my choice there.
By the way, nice color but especially with white apple brand- it should be nice combo. Only not so much white colour in hifi noways.. Anyway nice choice.
I got the NICEHCK from AliExpress. Someone posted a link to it earlier in the thread. Non of Amazon cables had a curved ear hook and I wasn’t sure if that will work with this IEM

Jan 8, 2019 at 8:58 AM Post #1,342 of 5,353
I got the NICEHCK from AliExpress. Someone posted a link to it earlier in the thread. Non of Amazon cables had a curved ear hook and I wasn’t sure if that will work with this IEM
How this cable fits DM6?, does MMCX connectors fits fully to DM6 socket? As there was discussion earlier because for one user such cable wasn't fitting fully. I also perhaps will choose this cable because i know what you mean.

Jan 8, 2019 at 9:00 AM Post #1,343 of 5,353
Look at the 3.5mm connector. If it has two black rings then it is a TRS connector, which is unbalanced. If it has three black rings then it is a 4-pole TRRS balanced connector/cable. Balanced headphone cables usually have 2.5mm connectors.

They have other options that are balanced but these are not MMCX with 3.5mm connectors.

There are plenty of MMCX balanced cables on Ali Express but very few have a 3.5mm 4-pole connector on the end.
Thank for explanation, useful info as trying to find popper balanced 2.5 cable in ali so this answers to my questions a lot

Jan 8, 2019 at 9:05 AM Post #1,344 of 5,353

If you note the slight drop at 10K in the curve, it’s maybe slightly noticeable, but electronic goes around that drop I feel. You’ll be amazed with full copper and balanced. For me they didn’t really get going until 40 hours of burn-in and a balanced source. Before that and on single ended they are almost unremarkable. Good but not as great as they become. I have had to pull myself away from them just to use other gear as I spent so much on my other stuff. The DM6 is the greatest deal I’ve ever found in headphones or IEMs. The bass is way more noticeable than you would guess from the curve, which may be simply a direct result of enhanced transparency?

The graph you found is actually manipulated by the manufacturer! Crin demondstrated it clearly in his post:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cri...base-315-entries.830062/page-66#post-14617556

More accurate measurement is here:
jv8n4b6fn4021.jpg
This one acually reflects what I hear - kinda thick bass (I'm used to planar-like flat bass), lack of 3kHz emphasis (harman target) and finally the 4-8kHz peaks which can cause sibilance, followed by by big 10kHz dip (responsible for high-hats sounding unnatural imho).

I don't want to say DM6 is bad, it is great for the price, but it just doesn't match my tonal preference..
You can compare this measurement to Crinacles big database of iem measurements (1st page of link I posted). Interesting to compare it with Andromeda, as DM6 seems to be tuned really similarly.

Jan 8, 2019 at 9:55 AM Post #1,346 of 5,353
Has anyone got any recommendations for a 3.5mm balanced MMCX cable for use with the DM6? My portable DAC has some clever tech that will accept a 3.5mm TRS unbalanced or 3.5mm TRRS balanced headphone cable. I'm curious to try it out to see if I can hear a difference. Price range up to 50USD would be okay.

Just get an adapter like THIS and get any 2.5mm balanced cable you like and you should be fine.

Jan 8, 2019 at 9:58 AM Post #1,347 of 5,353
How this cable fits DM6?, does MMCX connectors fits fully to DM6 socket? As there was discussion earlier because for one user such cable wasn't fitting fully. I also perhaps will choose this cable because i know what you mean.
I have not received the cable yet. It’s going to be a couple of weeks before it arrives. Will post here if there is any issues

Jan 8, 2019 at 10:04 AM Post #1,348 of 5,353
Just get an adapter like THIS and get any 2.5mm balanced cable you like and you should be fine.
Some of those adapters are clunky and the volume drops, so purchase two or 3 from different brands.

Jan 8, 2019 at 10:35 AM Post #1,349 of 5,353
The graph you found is actually manipulated by the manufacturer! Crin demondstrated it clearly in his post:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cri...base-315-entries.830062/page-66#post-14617556

More accurate measurement is here:

This one acually reflects what I hear - kinda thick bass (I'm used to planar-like flat bass), lack of 3kHz emphasis (harman target) and finally the 4-8kHz peaks which can cause sibilance, followed by by big 10kHz dip (responsible for high-hats sounding unnatural imho).

I don't want to say DM6 is bad, it is great for the price, but it just doesn't match my tonal preference..
You can compare this measurement to Crinacles big database of iem measurements (1st page of link I posted). Interesting to compare it with Andromeda, as DM6 seems to be tuned really similarly.

I’m familiar with the graph you posted as I have seen it the day it came out. If you read Crinacles post he explains that neither graph is right or wrong between graphs. It’s nice that you relate with the second graph you posted. Graphs are only to be used as guides to help us understand what we hear. If anything they can help us confirm issues we suspect the IEM has going on. But your right; the bass sounds like your graph. All three graphs show the 10k dip, which I believe gives them their vocal response character. But I totally agree, people are only going to value an IEM if it matches their sound preference. And being that there are so many different sound preferences, not everyone is going to like every IEM; regardless of price.

27E5DE89-AF5D-461E-A33E-BB817F15215A.png
0E02A3CC-9BDD-4F24-BEF4-34CC488E885F.jpeg

1B557862-DBDA-4296-B42B-FB2BD19EB5FE.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back