BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Jan 8, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #1,353 of 5,353
do foam tips included increase the subbass?
So far all the foam tips I've tried has resulted in zero bass. It won't seal in my ears. Go figure. I don't have large to try only medium tips.

Jan 8, 2019 at 2:27 PM Post #1,354 of 5,353
do foam tips included increase the subbass?

I have always found foam tips to attenuate the bass. So depending on how you get along with the sound signature choose those or silicon wide bore.

Jan 8, 2019 at 3:32 PM Post #1,355 of 5,353
can anyone please tell me how easy they are to drive compared to KZ AS10 ?

Jan 8, 2019 at 3:35 PM Post #1,356 of 5,353
hello all. i own these IEMs and frankly i am very bitterly dissapointed to the point I believe my pair must be faulty. These are by far my most expensive I ever owned , my previous were Hifiman RE0 and more recently couple KZs and Tin Audio T2 and T2 Pro. Not sure where to begin really. SO much incredible hype for DM6 yet my pair sound so bad.Even cheap KZ ZSR sound a mile better to my ear and T2 Pro is reference sound but T2 pro cost 50 bucks , not 170 like dm6. To get to the point my pair sounds like if its missing mids. really really weak mids dare i say feels like 1 bass armature and 4 high freq armatures. I am in scotland and if anyone really kind around willing to test my unit back to back to confirm my thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I paid fortune for these. :frowning2:

Jan 8, 2019 at 3:58 PM Post #1,357 of 5,353
hello all. i own these IEMs and frankly i am very bitterly dissapointed to the point I believe my pair must be faulty. These are by far my most expensive I ever owned , my previous were Hifiman RE0 and more recently couple KZs and Tin Audio T2 and T2 Pro. Not sure where to begin really. SO much incredible hype for DM6 yet my pair sound so bad.Even cheap KZ ZSR sound a mile better to my ear and T2 Pro is reference sound but T2 pro cost 50 bucks , not 170 like dm6. To get to the point my pair sounds like if its missing mids. really really weak mids dare i say feels like 1 bass armature and 4 high freq armatures. I am in scotland and if anyone really kind around willing to test my unit back to back to confirm my thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I paid fortune for these. :frowning2:
What are you using for source?

Jan 8, 2019 at 4:05 PM Post #1,358 of 5,353
I had the same reaction out if the box. Burn these in for a couple of days, and switch cables to a pure copper one.
They improve a lot.

Jan 8, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #1,360 of 5,353
Just some feedback on listening to DM6 when out walking that evening walkers might be interested in.

I went for a brisk 1.5 hour walk this evening to test out the DM6 in a more physical environment. Setup was the DM6 IEMs, my aftermarket cable (documented in an earlier post) and the musical source supplied by my Tidal iOS app using offline mode.

The positives: almost zero microphony in the cable! This was a really big plus for me. For those who don't know, microphony is where the headphone cables rubs against your clothing and you can hear the noise in the earpieces which completely ruins the sound. Also, the shorter length of my aftermarket cable made things much neater with no big cable loops having to be tucked away into a jacket pocket. Another really big positive was that the comfort was superb. I forgot that the DM6 IEMs were in my ears during the walk. They felt comfortable and secure. The sound was very detailed.

The negatives: bass was lacking. I'm going to try my Comply tips to see if they fix things. Also, the upper treble was slightly muted.

Jan 8, 2019 at 4:20 PM Post #1,361 of 5,353

Which tips are you using? I had exactly the same issue with my AKG N40 IEMs, which cost me even more than the DM6. I was massively disappointed. There was lots of treble, a little midrange and zero bass. The issue was the tips supplied didn't make a proper seal in my ears. I changed to the correct-sized Comply tips and the bass appeared in my AKG N40s! I'm going to try a pair of Comply TSX-400 foam tips on my DM6 IEMs to see if they do the trick for me as I'm also finding the bass is a little weak.

Jan 8, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #1,363 of 5,353
- post removed for convenience -

Attachments

• IMG_20181130_023441_TIPS.jpg
    IMG_20181130_023441_TIPS.jpg
    514.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 8, 2019 at 4:38 PM Post #1,364 of 5,353
Which tips are you using? I had exactly the same issue with my AKG N40 IEMs, which cost me even more than the DM6. I was massively disappointed. There was lots of treble, a little midrange and zero bass. The issue was the tips supplied didn't make a proper seal in my ears. I changed to the correct-sized Comply tips and the bass appeared in my AKG N40s! I'm going to try a pair of Comply TSX-400 foam tips on my DM6 IEMs to see if they do the trick for me as I'm also finding the bass is a little weak.
one of the supplied seals work perfect. seal is perfect bro. i am skilled iem user. years and years of barain hunting. these are my first trully high grades and disspointed terribly. i am comparing freq ranges of Tin T2 and DM6. Based on this images it seems that my ear is very sensitive to frequencies 5 - 10 khz. I just spent few minutes tweaking foobar equalizer to adjust my DM6 to sound closer to T2 and it works much nicer sounding . I just hate this iem freq tuning i guess. I am gonna burn em more and give them one more chance few days later but most likely for sale very soon.
jv8n4b6fn4021.jpg
T2%2BPro%2Bvs%2BVent%2BMod.jpg

Jan 8, 2019 at 4:48 PM Post #1,365 of 5,353
My older earphones were the Sony MSR-NW750N. With DM6s, Bass is much better defined and more powerful, high is better defined too, but mids... mids are incredible. I can't say anything bad about them, I really love this iem for now.
I really don't understand all the complaints about the mids, they are just good.
Have to say that instrument separation improves in My Sony NW A55 by enabling Studio VPT and DSEE HX.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back