BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Jan 8, 2019 at 4:55 PM Post #1,366 of 5,353
sorry for all the rant from my side. I will boost 1-3 khz range on my cowon plenue V and listen few more days to decide if i sell em or not. bass is plenty although compared to dynamic iem not as strong. luckily cowon has great bass jet effects.

Jan 8, 2019 at 4:56 PM Post #1,367 of 5,353
As @Tony51 said, foams usually absorb some frequencies, usually in the treble and subbass, so pretty much bass should be weaker. This weakening of the bass should be even stronger, because DM6 is a full balanced armature set. And even if the DM6 has really strong low-end, it would suffer more from such absorption, because a dynamic driver would simply move more air, so to speak, from where we usually notice the difference between dynamic bass, and BA bass.

So, my recommendation is to use wide-bore silicone tips, that seal very good with your ears. Don't even bother with fomies. The silicone tips that come with the DM6 aren't very good though, so you might need some additional tips to enjoy the DM6. I personally find that the best tips (for me), are those that came with the Rock Zircon IEM (I bought it pretty much just for the tips). So far, I haven't found those tips anywhere. I've noticed, that the silicone tips that come with IEMs like the magaosi K5, the iKKo OH1, and perhaps these popular spinfits, are the closest I could ever find.

Here is a picture of the Rock Zircon tips for reference, that I've posted some time ago (Large tips on the left, Medium (which I use) on the right):

I'm currently using the kz ks6 silicone tips that came with that set because none of the tips that came with the dm6 seal for me. It is sounding very very good paired with my Sony Walkman ZX2 and the fiio E12 portable amp. I'm listening to the Dali songs which are in flac. I'm seeing that the dm6 are awesome sounding for jazz, drums. But I am still testing and my copper cables just arrived. Yayy!

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2019 at 4:57 PM Post #1,368 of 5,353
hello all. i own these IEMs and frankly i am very bitterly dissapointed to the point I believe my pair must be faulty. These are by far my most expensive I ever owned , my previous were Hifiman RE0 and more recently couple KZs and Tin Audio T2 and T2 Pro. Not sure where to begin really. SO much incredible hype for DM6 yet my pair sound so bad.Even cheap KZ ZSR sound a mile better to my ear and T2 Pro is reference sound but T2 pro cost 50 bucks , not 170 like dm6. To get to the point my pair sounds like if its missing mids. really really weak mids dare i say feels like 1 bass armature and 4 high freq armatures. I am in scotland and if anyone really kind around willing to test my unit back to back to confirm my thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I paid fortune for these. :frowning2:
Did you make sure that the mmcx connector is properly secured? Did you hear a click when you put the cable on? Do you have any other mmcx cable that you can try to figure out if the cable isn't faulty?? Your description sounds like something is not working properly for sure...

Jan 8, 2019 at 5:08 PM Post #1,370 of 5,353
sorry for all the rant from my side. I will boost 1-3 khz range on my cowon plenue V and listen few more days to decide if i sell em or not. bass is plenty although compared to dynamic iem not as strong. luckily cowon has great bass jet effects.

Get a pure copper cable and a good pair of tips... You're welcome.

Jan 8, 2019 at 5:08 PM Post #1,371 of 5,353
Cowon Plenue V
That's a very good player, I am finding that the dm6 are super picky with tips and cables and even the source.
It was very bright paired with my Fiio X7mk2 n the Cayin c5 amp.
I then paired with the Sony walkmaW ZX2 n the Fiio E12 amp and sounds better, mids are more tamed and has a bit more bass.
Now my copper wire just arrived and will be trying those. Also I'm noticing excellent sounds from jazzy music and bass drums n snares. Some songs have me in awwe!!
IMG_20190108_165909.jpg

Jan 8, 2019 at 5:12 PM Post #1,372 of 5,353
one of the supplied seals work perfect. seal is perfect bro. i am skilled iem user. years and years of barain hunting. these are my first trully high grades and disspointed terribly. i am comparing freq ranges of Tin T2 and DM6. Based on this images it seems that my ear is very sensitive to frequencies 5 - 10 khz. I just spent few minutes tweaking foobar equalizer to adjust my DM6 to sound closer to T2 and it works much nicer sounding . I just hate this iem freq tuning i guess. I am gonna burn em more and give them one more chance few days later but most likely for sale very soon.
jv8n4b6fn4021.jpg
T2%2BPro%2Bvs%2BVent%2BMod.jpg

I understand where your coming from. And.....in some ways your experience reflects mine, though I wasn’t disappointed, only just slightly impressed on early listening. Honestly none of the supplied tips work that well for me. It’s an IEM which is strange with tips meaning it can seem like you have an air-tight fit when if you simply keep rolling tips you may find a better fit in the end. I use Sony Hybrid Tips. Also they improved dramatically with a balanced source. Also they became much better to me after 40 hours of burn in.

With that said, it may still depend on the person. Some people are more likely to want a $200 IEM like the Magaosi K5 which has 5 BAs also but holds a more vocal-centric response. The issue with the dip in the 10k region is real, but for many it can go away slightly with different front end equipment, the best tips and longer listening.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2019 at 5:19 PM Post #1,374 of 5,353
Hi,
I am expecting to receive my DM6 in the coming days. I am looking for a balanced cable 2.5mm that can go with it. Any recommendation? it is a pity that BGVP does not provide the option to have a balanced cable
Thanks

Jan 8, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #1,375 of 5,353
Hi,
I am expecting to receive my DM6 in the coming days. I am looking for a balanced cable 2.5mm that can go with it. Any recommendation? it is a pity that BGVP does not provide the option to have a balanced cable
Thanks

Hey.Check my post from a few pages back for cable recommendations for the DM6. :)

Jan 8, 2019 at 6:03 PM Post #1,376 of 5,353
Hey man, sorry you feel down. May I suggest something? As person who loves the T2s (not the pro's), I should tell you, that the T2 is very treble emphasized. Many people call it "Neutral", but it's not. The T2 has very pleasant, non-fatiguing elevated treble, but still, is a very bright sounding IEM, and the pro's are even more treble emphasized (to the point that it's unrealistic) so if you are used to that, the jump to the DM6 would be very drastic, and they would simply sound pretty much dark, until you adjust to them.

If you can, try to listen to something neutral for a day, so that your ears can adjust to a neutral signature. If you have speakers - try those, and remove any EQ if you have. Many people felt the same way as you initially, and I'm sure I will too (since I mostly listen to my T2s as well, because I like them), when my DM6es arrive. So, please, try adjusting to the DM6es, before making the final decision to sell them. You might be throwing away one of the most special sets currently for the price (this is based on the impressions of people I trust, like HBB, but I will know for sure when I have my set in my ears of course). :)
Not sure if I can agree that T2 is brighter than DM6.
I can definitely listen to badly recorded stuff on T2 with foams, however with DM6 it can be a pain sometimes, its detail retrieval is at completely different level..
Sure, T2 has less (and more linear) bass, but treble is not as forward as on DM6. It is also possible that because each of us hears differently, we are sensitive to different treble peaks...
I can agree that DM6 is special and may require a lot of fiddling to make it sound best for each of us.

@trauty Please, NEVER dorectly compare measurements done by different people/on different rigs again (without knowing what you're doing).
The measurement of T2 you've posted is totally different from what I would expect it to look like, no idea where you found it :xf_eek: EARS?
I posted T2 vs DM6 measurement done on my rig a while back (not sure if here or in the discovery thread). My rig isn't perfect, nevertheless it is definitely more suitable for relative comparison (to my surprise DM6 measures pretty close on crinacles rig). If you can't find it, let me know, i can repost it here/in pm.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2019 at 6:14 PM Post #1,377 of 5,353
I can definitely listen to badly recorded stuff on T2 with foams, however with DM6 it can be a pain sometimes, its detail retrieval is at completely different level..
Sure, T2 has less (and more linear) bass, but treble is not as forward as on DM6. It is also possible that because each of us hears differently, we are sensitive to different treble peaks...
I can agree that DM6 is special and may require a lot of fiddling to make it sound best for each of us.

@trauty Please, NEVER dorectly compare measurements done by different people/on different rigs again (without knowing what you're doing).
The measurement of T2 you've posted is totally different from what I would expect it to look like, no idea where you found it :xf_eek: EARS?
I posted T2 vs DM6 measurement done on my rig a while back (not sure if here or in the discovery thread). My rig isn't perfect, nevertheless it is definitely more suitable for relative comparison (to my surprise DM6 measures pretty close on crinacles rig). If you can't find it, let me know, i can repost it here/in pm.
If treble is an issue, use narroele nozzle tips. Sony Hybrids are good for that.

Jan 8, 2019 at 6:40 PM Post #1,378 of 5,353

Well, the T2 is brighter (my definition), exactly because of that elevation (peak) in the 10K region, which is a deviation from neutrality IMO. That's the treble area that I mainly would consider "bright" everything elevated starting from the 8-14kHz region and , which is exactly what we have with the T2, and I would consider the DM6 peak more as a bight in the treble extension (from 14k to 20k and up), which is exactly at it's peak at 16k. Apparently, there might be a confusion with the terms neutral and balanced. Balanced would be something I would prefer calling the T2, but not neutral. The Kanas Pro is the IEM I would call neutral, but not the T2. The T2 would be neutral until somewhere at 7-8kHz.

Also, you should definitely post the T2 vs DM6 comparison again, or at least a link to the post. I thought I had it saved somewhere, but I couldn't find it, so I believe it would be helpful if you post it again. :wink:

Jan 8, 2019 at 7:05 PM Post #1,379 of 5,353
Fair bit of discussion about tips here. Agree that foams change the sound a bit - I suspect that when foamies are inserted deep they can sometimes wind up partially covering the nozzle. After some experimenting I settled on spin-fits - they seem to give (me) a much better seal than the stock silicones. I have my DM6 for 2 months now and I am really loving them - detailed, engaging and immersive.

Jan 8, 2019 at 7:15 PM Post #1,380 of 5,353

Well, the T2 is brighter (my definition), exactly because of that elevation (peak) in the 10K region, which is a deviation from neutrality IMO. That's the treble area that I mainly would consider "bright" everything elevated starting from the 8-14kHz region and , which is exactly what we have with the T2, and I would consider the DM6 peak more as a bight in the treble extension (from 14k to 20k and up), which is exactly at it's peak at 16k. Apparently, there might be a confusion with the terms neutral and balanced. Balanced would be something I would prefer calling the T2, but not neutral. The Kanas Pro is the IEM I would call neutral, but not the T2. The T2 would be neutral until somewhere at 7-8kHz.

Also, you should definitely post the T2 vs DM6 comparison again, or at least a link to the post. I thought I had it saved somewhere, but I couldn't find it, so I believe it would be helpful if you post it again. :wink:

i agree with Perfecious on this one, or at least have the same conclusion.

to me the T2 is brighter to a point i have to mod my tips to have a narrower nozzle. the DM6, although quite detailed on treble, came across as warmer compared to the T2 in overall tone.

the reg Kanas is a better T2-like detail presentation with more pleasing treble and more solid bass. the Kanas Pro on the other hand is neutral sounding, more like ER4XR, but with softer treble

Users who are viewing this thread

Back