BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Jan 7, 2019 at 3:36 AM Post #1,276 of 5,353
Anyone tried to pair the dm6 with the hiby r3, xdp300r and fiio m9? Which dap does it pair well?
With Hibi R3 it pairs quite well....i can confirm that much....

Jan 7, 2019 at 3:40 AM Post #1,278 of 5,353
Sorry should have be more clear, DAP with balanced output (2.5mm preferred)

Hello world!
I’ve been reading on this forum for ages but never been a member. Pls don’t burn me Thanks for letting me in.
I have ordered the Fiio M9 (Swedish store) for my DM6(ordered from AV store on AliExpress). I did a lot of research before settling on the M9, it has a decent battery, with a ok speed OS. But the 2,5mm was made me putt the trigger. The r6 pro is WAY to expensive for me, else I would get it once it hits the market.

I do have the FiiO Q1 MKii atm and I travel a lot and need the juice on my phone for actual work.

With the FiiO Q1 I do have a constant static noise on both the 3,5mm (one included) and balanced 2,5mm. I did get a cable with a mic on it and it’s the same problem with the Q1. I’ve tried both on my Android (Samsung S9) and on my iPad Pro. I have the same problem on both devices. I have no problem directly from the iPad or Samsung with any fo the 3.5mm.
I did however order a new 2.5mm in silver as the BVGP 2,5 is not the best quality if you ask me.

I’m betting back to Sweden the 12th and will pick the M9 up then, I’ll let you know how it is.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2019 at 4:11 AM Post #1,279 of 5,353
Hello world!
I’ve been reading on this forum for ages but never been a member. Pls don’t burn me Thanks for letting me in.
I have ordered the Fiio M9 (Swedish store) for my DM6(ordered from AV store on AliExpress). I did a lot of research before settling on the M9, it has a decent battery, with a ok speed OS. But the 2,5mm was made me putt the trigger. The r6 pro is WAY to expensive for me, else I would get it once it hits the market.

I do have the FiiO Q1 MKii atm and I travel a lot and need the juice on my phone for actual work.

With the FiiO Q1 I do have a constant static noise on both the 3,5mm (one included) and balanced 2,5mm. I did get a cable with a mic on it and it’s the same problem with the Q1. I’ve tried both on my Android (Samsung S9) and on my iPad Pro. I have the same problem on both devices. I have no problem directly from the iPad or Samsung with any fo the 3.5mm.
I did however order a new 2.5mm in silver as the BVGP 2,5 is not the best quality if you ask me.

I’m betting back to Sweden the 12th and will pick the M9 up then, I’ll let you know how it is.

I run my Dm6 through the q1 as well, having it connected to my Huawei p9 being the source and I have no constant noise whatsoever.

Jan 7, 2019 at 6:30 AM Post #1,281 of 5,353
Hello, what you mean saying 2.5 bgvp is not good quality.
You mean that 2.5 balanced cable they are seling? New cooper version seems quite good. Dont know about silver.

I’m sorry, I don’t mean as in a bad cable for sound, every cable is different and sound quality is up to each and one to judge. I mean the quality. See picture. The link in first post is for cooper.

Jan 7, 2019 at 6:31 AM Post #1,282 of 5,353
Hello, what you mean saying 2.5 bgvp is not good quality.
You mean that 2.5 balanced cable they are seling? New cooper version seems quite good. Dont know about silver.
f

I’m sorry, I don’t mean as in a bad cable for sound, every cable is different and sound quality is up to each and one to judge. I mean the quality. See picture. The link in first post is for cooper.

Jan 7, 2019 at 6:35 AM Post #1,283 of 5,353

Thanks for showing up. Now i understand what you mean. So basically regarding cooper version it should be made by the same quality standart. But this original version doesn't look very good made for shure.

Jan 7, 2019 at 6:59 AM Post #1,284 of 5,353
Last edited:
Jan 7, 2019 at 7:30 AM Post #1,287 of 5,353
R6 and R6 Pro share the same SOC, the same amount of Ram and both run Android 8.1 - despite being a bit older why should the R6 lag and the R6 Pro not so?

the original r6 isn't the one with android 5.1 ? Sorry if am wrong then, last time i checked it was on 5.1 and by assumption i tought: laggy, that's why i said it. If it's the same soc as the newer one and it has update... should remain an option

The high OI should be the only problem then. But, with dm6, crinacle said to sound better on high OI, actually he said it is optimal with 30ohm output, that is also the output used in bgvp measurements.
But it is a case-to-case thing. I personally find that run searching for ultra low OI is kinda overrated. Only prone to peaks and uncontroled iems suffer a real negative change in soundsignature. It happens with the dmg for example, mid bass gets uncontroled on a 30ohm OI toppind a30 on 3,5mm. Also, hiss has nothing to do DIRECTLY with OI, as hiss atenuators are actually or OI increasers, or voltage dividers. My topping on 10OI 6,35mm, or 30OI for 3,5mm jack, is deadly silent.

Laggy? The FiiO M9 will definitely give bad experience if you want a fast device. Its hardware specs are terrible to run android. I used to have it and sold already.

It got released like... yesterday and run a customized stripped off version of android. Should be snappy, as i read from users of m6(same soc and screen size) but if you have and say m9 is laggy, it is laggy then. As it a new device maybe update should change that, it happened to m7, according to a user. But i woudn't bet on fiio also, those guys left the x5 to die an infamous death without a proper update.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2019 at 8:01 AM Post #1,288 of 5,353
Speaking of cables, my NICEHCK Pure Copper Cable arrived. Looks amazing. Best cable I have currently. And it's a thicc boi. #Respect I'm not even gotta bother with the cable that comes with my DM6, unless I get lucky with their new OCC cable.

Have you tried the cable? Any issues connecting to DM6? I picked up one of their other copper cables back in November, but I’ve been unable to use it as the right connector won’t attach with my DM6. Both the stock DM6 cable and my custom silver cable connect without any issues.

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bnTQuPCM

I’ve been in contact with the NICEHCK seller for a few weeks now. Even sent them a video upon request that proves the connector is faulty. Now they want me to send the cable back before they send a replacement, but wont confirm if they will refund me postage from UK to China. Getting frustrated with the whole thing now and i’m considering just opening an AliExpress dispute to get it resolved.

Jan 7, 2019 at 8:24 AM Post #1,290 of 5,353
Hmm... that sounds bad. I haven't received my DM6 yet, so I haven't tried the cable with them. It might be related to the cables mmcx outer ring being made of 2 parts (the cylinder is cut in the middle), which got me excited the first time, because if the mmcx connector breaks, it will be easier to get it out of the bud, because there would be two pieces, unlike the cable that broke inside one of my TinAudio T2s, and completely f**ked it up. But, now that you reported that, I think it might not be a good idea. I will let you guys know what happens when I get my DM6 (by the looks of it, I might get it as early as February, if Michelchan misses the January 8th mark again), and I will retract my recommendation of the cable if the problem is systematic. It might be a problem with the plug on the DM6 too, soo... If you have other IEMs with mmcx, have you tried the cable with them?
But one user Zikarus there posted as i understood quite happy with such cable as this: https://de.aliexpress.com/item/NICE...l?spm=a2g0x.10010108.1000023.5.692f6058q1oVgz . It should be the same as you have recomended

Users who are viewing this thread

Back