BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Jan 9, 2019 at 4:37 PM Post #1,398 of 5,353
3 questions :
1. recomendation for proper copper cable please ?
2. what tips ? Symbio N or W ? or some other tip brand ?
3. my cowon plenue v has no ballanced output , only standard jack out , although it is great sounding player nonetheless . Does ballanced output improve sound on dm6 drastically ?

I bought my copper cables on Amazon by **** audio and was pretty cheap. They don't have the wire around the ear. The cable is super flexible n soft to work with and the sound is pretty fantastic. No harsh treble at all at any volume and bass hits very strong. Loving them.

Jan 9, 2019 at 4:50 PM Post #1,400 of 5,353
Finally received my DM6's from A&V yesterday and I remember hearing that somebodies wasn't packaged very well. I must say mine came in perfect condition (think they were sent directly from BGVP), but didn't come with the requested cable (straight pin).

_0rzWbCNhGTKahyFhvZ_QF0hup4SqUjBNZHkj0SREvuxmYHV4Cl9JWUguj7YDX3jVytNvzt-SNcQTQmtEGAPgdg4aQPQ5wpodg1q2wQrU5AfpzqSeDyEKyLKtwU7j9k77wVDJ5hYgh-wREdHV1PXyTH1nOatONFUNpeTE6VcVy4edbJm1YYPzCGxTXQ8IcmC8dOeb0byviL5hef5y5JAKyishtz8J8OwmNbRk4sfAjqGWB_uvrHNk3E0vYnNIyi8PmHnhxgHvLsfYyIpVAOD0gcKoVgFWV3u_jPad0QiSq8SupkF4cuc086AcuIcn5ViutL5FO_qhVzYlYCjrkgLxSu5h89CvgPsvd_LI2MyVCdEH_LeLGa-bD-f2Bxdd27gU1tGqvrOjTOAO23BA3-pQpSVw4-9ua3rf6jj9kiFgDrUnzCHX31IwS2M4Oj8NaeK0N4VvsgTUL9gQ8Q_5rAMYQRatMyUgTrxQUZIFFl0djKO7l6peWE7BQn3-BqEeDzBXg5hJ-Kka5vDClLBSx9hqEu1WQlyP0xpkMbAnxw9rMR_hLsWoCpu_GJnu4i1l7-7T6lVXQnsLBlhkrAUKhBetscgUqjp4Z4OrT5qcRCPLWrvGmAX4rTJUiNwYXPASu0LF-XMuMxiCmPXK27BxA=w633-h843-no

My initial reaction was above average, I had been listening to the TRN V80's which have a bit more of a fun character, so the clinical sound took a little getting used to. The immediate thought was that the bass was severely lacking. I was playing through a Fiio BTR1 from my iPhone with the supplied grey/silver cable.

After getting them home changing cables to a Pure Copper Balanced cable and playing on my Fiio X5 MkIII, much much more satisfying sound, bass is not lacking whatsoever. I usually have issues with iems, constantly slipping out of my ears, but these seem to fit like a glove!! I still feel like I need to find the perfect tips though. Using the initially mounted medium tips, I get a very good insertion, but I do notice a quite significant sound difference if I hold them in place in my ears with my fingers. It must only be a millimeter depth difference, but the change in sound is so noticeable.

I just wanted the clear pair, but when I ordered they were no longer an option. So I had to go custom, made only a subtle change of blue and red description coding on the iems (quick and dirty phone pics).

All in all, money well spent in my eyes...

p17rOeBi9FKnsX2lbF7VzPGsqeFFPcUTOGPEThUSbtVOHZEZnZIy6S3VtNcUvCOh50Qrun6bUhlv1vsRPZH54w9KGz7elnT-kGYDdt48Xx84Fy8-5GPzZVmu61kLAulIhs1hAS3Ir5Uuz9uX2CBvPhb4TuTMh_lQHsXOTkRJmIvSl-3zze--hRPRviHF0hWoICOsL5rcu7Wab8ROKUN1Ux8UbVX-SNNPseiq6KcV0Uj-Mf4N9oLoLVZBmgyIZg-1vqZciaSOcDdlSSZZRzSoccSjajOBgRGSSmnxloG_i9ZbdixEQd0bSODs_vALUEepzDtoJQsuGhZwTtg_5S_CdVYL4BVv6jdMBROW-GVyuSvnVnbhUXdul08F_-P6W0cuPDCMPCKNpWtSyE64y8PuHUECKLzxqqx0T9VEe3xYEXMrSVT_J4dtFaDBT8Dh471-mIPLbfkGNjf_JihqnyDYyRx7GOwRebhRw_1ns6s_0_a3Ogz1S5NtSpV-pPaaCuwHyrNI5u_q72POTHAaCyPmbVtuL8lPSj06aBu2mYBsXOI-Tj9FYMPTCA7cBP3idkfN7IHup2j4xF7755X2XTSzcW-MywGA_YYEQTOz0ki9_eQrJBH69FfLp_xBB3NYyKqwjZ0JwCSm5u0ZIu003A=w633-h843-no

open
I got it from him too but to the US. It came 2 or 3 weeks earlier but it was the just naked box in a thin gray plastic bag. Not sure if that has to do with their batch shipping method specifically to the US.

Jan 9, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #1,402 of 5,353
Jan 9, 2019 at 6:00 PM Post #1,403 of 5,353
I received my DM6 last week and have to say a BIG thank you to @Hawaiibadboy, it was his honest opinion and no BS YouTube video that swayed me. I have a pair of £600 Earsonics Velvet Pro v2 and the DM6 has better mid/treble presence. This audio journey is slippery slope and the DM6 is remarkable value for money. The major players need to watch out and up their game.

Is that opinion with stock cable ?

Jan 9, 2019 at 6:48 PM Post #1,404 of 5,353
I also just received the DM6 from the A/V store earlier today, I happened to have some decored shure foam tips and I think the DM6 sounds great with them. I also tried on the spiral dot size M, but to me the foam tips gave me more isolation and bass.

Jan 9, 2019 at 7:02 PM Post #1,405 of 5,353
I also just received the DM6 from the A/V store earlier today, I happened to have some decored shure foam tips and I think the DM6 sounds great with them. I also tried on the spiral dot size M, but to me the foam tips gave me more isolation and bass.
Shure foams are my favourite, but damn they're narrow af. Too bad shure doesnt make them for other earphones. I'm using silicone tips that came with my ma750 from RHA and they seal perfectly for me.

Jan 9, 2019 at 7:12 PM Post #1,406 of 5,353
Shure foams are my favourite, but damn they're narrow af. Too bad shure doesnt make them for other earphones. I'm using silicone tips that came with my ma750 from RHA and they seal perfectly for me.
I followed this guide :https://www.head-fi.org/threads/shure-olive-guide-strech-decore-photos.478766/
You can cut out the narrow cores from the shure tips, and change them to wider cores, just get some cheap foam tips from aliexpress and they will work perfectly.

Jan 9, 2019 at 7:34 PM Post #1,407 of 5,353
I followed this guide :https://www.head-fi.org/threads/shure-olive-guide-strech-decore-photos.478766/
You can cut out the narrow cores from the shure tips, and change them to wider cores, just get some cheap foam tips from aliexpress and they will work perfectly.
too bad the images don't work anymore :/

i've been enjoying my triple flanges, though. except for when the right one comes off in my ear... it seems not to do that if i really just push it down as far as it will go on (and past) the nozzle, though, so it's probably fine. (also, i own tweezers, so it's Fine.) waiting on some comply-type tips and the kz stars, both of which should hopefully be here by the end of the month. doesn't hurt to play around with them!

Jan 9, 2019 at 7:42 PM Post #1,408 of 5,353
Does anyone have both the magaosi k5 and dm6? I have the k5 and like them, but for my taste it could do with a little more bass. How does the dm6 compare to the k5?

I have the Magaosi K5 V2 with the new cable and the BGVP DM6. I purchased them the same day. It may depend on what sound your after if you choose one over the other. The best way to describe them is that they are complete opposites. The K5 has a great fit but is missing a tad in the bass area. Though people who prefer vocal centric music prefer them due to the expanded and detailed midrange in the vocal area. The DM6 has the same nice fit is just slighly bigger, and hollow where the K5 is solid plastic resin. The DM6 for me is about 10X more enjoyable and involving to listen to. I listen to electronic music most of the time and the DM6 provides the needed bass and overall authority to push it forward. The K5 is an interesting IEM and a great value for what it costs and what it sounds like but I can only listen to it for about 45 minutes. The DM6 I could listen to 5 days a week for 4 hours a day.

In a nutshell; the DM6 is missing the expanded and romantic midrange. The midrange is no slouch, it’s just not the DM6’s best feature. But the DM6 has a magical transparency which along with the lower bass area detail transcends any negatives. It’s just such an exciting listen that that dip in the 10k region gets ignored fully.

Though the DM6 never became world-class until I matched it with a DAP and balanced cable. Single ended out of a phone it was enjoyable but nothing truly remarkable in my opinion. Balanced and 40 hours of burn-in allows the DM6 to smooth out, expand on soundstage and crazily increase in detail.

My own subjective thoughts, your miles per gallon may vary.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2019 at 8:08 PM Post #1,410 of 5,353

Somebody sent a pic of his customs. Not sure he shared here?
He is very stoked. Glad the backlog is starting to make some progress into long waiting buyers hands :)
Never thought of doing solid black with the rest clear! That looks great

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back