BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
May 14, 2019 at 12:53 PM Post #4,006 of 5,353
I just tested this for you, And i think the leakage is about average for IEMs.High volume it does leak, but with medium volume you are in good shape as long as you have a good seal. What I am considering high volume is half of my androids volume slider as these are quite easy to drive.
Thanks a lot !

May 15, 2019 at 1:48 PM Post #4,009 of 5,353
I'm glad to hear good first reports of the DMS. Anyone with DMG experience able to compare the two? I know someone wrote the DMS have more clarity but hoping for more info.

About to pull trigger and pick these up. Worth $160 for DMS over $100 DMG (current price on Drop)?
Also, can someone compare them to clarity of DM6? DMS worth $160 over $190 for DM6?

May 15, 2019 at 2:41 PM Post #4,010 of 5,353
There is still no fuller info about dms sounding profile and tuning. There we heard some users short comments but still no fuller info revealing the value of this model. So BGGAR said he will do some review but as i see he is busy with 1000+ thousand dollar iems reviews these days. And i believe going back to the lower tier prices could be more valuable to much more people. Because dms really has good price that is reachable to much more audio lovers than these multithousand TOTL. So hope we will get some fuller image of this potent iem.

May 15, 2019 at 2:53 PM Post #4,011 of 5,353
I had the chance to audition the DMS today. Never owned the DMG though, so I have no idea how they compare, but I greatly enjoyed the DM6 for a good while before I sold them. If you prefer a warmer sound signature with decent bass and good soundstage, then the DMS might be your cup of tea. Fit and build quality is also very good. But I found it somewhat veiled, lacking in detail retrieval and resolution. Personally I would save up and get the DM6 (if you can handle the treble), or consider the KPE instead which is at a similar price range. Demo them first if you can, or be patient and wait for more reviews. Just want to help you guys get the most from your money, so just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
May 15, 2019 at 3:15 PM Post #4,012 of 5,353
I had the chance to audition the DMS today. Never owned the DMG though, so I have no idea how they compare, but I greatly enjoyed the DM6 for a good while before I sold them. If you prefer a warmer sound signature with decent bass and good soundstage, then the DMS might be your cup of tea. Fit and build quality is also very good. But I found it somewhat veiled, lacking in detail retrieval and resolution. Personally I would save up and get the DM6 instead, or consider the KPE instead which is at a similar price range. Just want to help you guys get the most from your money, so just my 2 cents.
Thanks Folly, but now the I'm conflicted. The limited remarks I've found about DMS have said good clarity (which is the most important aspect in my analytical listening preference) but you say it's veiled? If that is the case, I'm just going to wait and get the DM7 because I've heard it's super high clarity.

I would think all hybrids would suffer from veil since the DD is going to try and push at same time as the BAs, but I haven't heard them enough to support that statement.

May 15, 2019 at 3:26 PM Post #4,013 of 5,353
If it is really veiled and not so clear it is a little bit dissapoitment as i would like to have kanas pro clarity level. Perhaps we shouldn't compare to such a balanced models as dm6, but still dms uses good knowles armatures so the clarity should be reachable. Someone mentioned it is more clearer than dmg so what dmg was then?

May 15, 2019 at 3:31 PM Post #4,014 of 5,353
If it is really veiled and not so clear it is a little bit dissapoitment as i would like to have kanas pro clarity level. Perhaps we shouldn't compare to such a balanced models as dm6, but still dms uses good knowles armatures so the clarity should be reachable. Someone mentioned it is more clearer than dmg so what dmg was then?

I thought too not to compare to DM6, but the DMS is $60 different than DMG ($100 currently) and only $30 different than DM6 ($190 currently) so it's more comparable in price to the DM6 atm while prices are where they're at

May 15, 2019 at 4:04 PM Post #4,015 of 5,353
I thought too not to compare to DM6, but the DMS is $60 different than DMG ($100 currently) and only $30 different than DM6 ($190 currently) so it's more comparable in price to the DM6 atm while prices are where they're at
Perhaps dms will go down a little bit in the future but now you are right. It is closer to the dm6 then to dmg in price, but the more important question, what quality/vs price ratio it has. And for me still isn't clear. Dm6 and kanas for the price was unbeatable. Will we see some chalange with dms here? Really interesting.

Last edited:
May 15, 2019 at 4:18 PM Post #4,016 of 5,353
So far I like what I'm hearing from the DMS. I won't say any more for the moment but I'll give some more detailed impressions soon. In the meantime, feast your eyes on the graph.

BGVP DMS frequency response.png

May 15, 2019 at 7:18 PM Post #4,018 of 5,353
So far I like what I'm hearing from the DMS. I won't say any more for the moment but I'll give some more detailed impressions soon. In the meantime, feast your eyes on the graph.

Does the dynamic bass driver respond to EQ?

May 15, 2019 at 8:06 PM Post #4,020 of 5,353
I lean towards basshead myself, and the bass is definitely there in its stock form. I tried the tin T3 Cable on it for poops and giggles and actually got a noticeable boost in the sub-bass though so that may be an option for some. Im not sure which cable should be better on paper though as I know the TIN Cable Is 5N Copper and I am unsure of what the DMS Stock Cable uses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back