BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
May 15, 2019 at 8:16 PM Post #4,021 of 5,352
I cannot wait. LOL. I need more reviews SOON
I lean towards basshead myself, and the bass is definitely there in its stock form. I tried the tin T3 Cable on it for ****s and giggles and actually got a noticeable boost in the sub-bass though so that may be an option for some. Im not sure which cable should be better on paper though as I know the TIN Cable Is 5N Copper and I am unsure of what the DMS Stock Cable uses.

Does the DMS cable feel cheap? It's a weird move going to basic black / $5-looking-headphone cables..but I kinda love it. I hope the cable is good.

May 15, 2019 at 10:57 PM Post #4,023 of 5,352
I cannot wait. LOL. I need more reviews SOON

Does the DMS cable feel cheap? It's a weird move going to basic black / $5-looking-headphone cables..but I kinda love it. I hope the cable is good.
It doesn't feel cheap. It actually feels quite premium for this type of cable and also very durable. Out of the box it felt a little sticky but now I've been using it for a while it doesn't feel sticky now. The only drawback is that it has some microphonics but it's not terrible and there is a shirt clip in the box too.
I just wanna know if the bass pumps when you push EQ. And subbass for sure.
Yes, it does.

May 16, 2019 at 12:20 AM Post #4,026 of 5,352
It sounds good to me so I suppose its a blessing and a curse that I havent heard the DM6/7, I did have the dmg and personally think the DMS is a step up. Ive dusted off the concert band and orchestral music to try and find this veiling but everything is satisfactory to me at least.

May 16, 2019 at 1:14 AM Post #4,028 of 5,352
Craziness, I'm glad I waited on buying then.

If you were to choose out of these three what the best price/performance is, which one would you say?

$45 ZS10 Pro.

$100 DMG.

$300 DM7.

I really can't enjoy music unless it has a lot of clarity. I'm very analytical. That said, I don't know how clear IEMs really are compared to cans like HE4XX or HD6xx. So.. I'm assuming I'd need to pay for DM7 in order to hit the clarity I'm looking for?

May 16, 2019 at 1:24 AM Post #4,029 of 5,352
Craziness, I'm glad I waited on buying then.

If you were to choose out of these three what the best price/performance is, which one would you say?

$45 ZS10 Pro.

$100 DMG.

$300 DM7.

I really can't enjoy music unless it has a lot of clarity. I'm very analytical. That said, I don't know how clear IEMs really are compared to cans like HE4XX or HD6xx. So.. I'm assuming I'd need to pay for DM7 in order to hit the clarity I'm looking for?

Good question. I'm looking forward to the DM7 getting more reviews and comparisons.

May 16, 2019 at 1:57 AM Post #4,031 of 5,352
It's so rave reviewed already that I feel like if I buy the DMG for $100 I might regret not just saving for the DM7 in a few months. XD
I hope my DM7 review didn't come across as raving. I think it is good but nothing to get excited about. DMS I'm enjoying it a lot, probably more than the DMG but I haven't listened to the DMG for ages (will be doing that tonight). Also, I would take the DMS over the ZS10 Pro; not because the ZS10P is bad, but just because the DMS suits my personal preference more.

However, since YOU value clarity I think you would love the ZS10 Pro.

Last edited:
May 16, 2019 at 2:00 AM Post #4,032 of 5,352
I hope my DM7 review didn't come across as raving. I think it is good but nothing to get excited about. DMS I'm enjoying it a lot, probably more than the DMG but I haven't listened to the DMG for ages (will be doing that tonight). Also, I would take the DMS over the ZS10; not because the ZS10 is bad, but just because the DMS suits my personal preference more.

However, since YOU value clarity I think you would love the ZS10.
Interesting, at the price I'm going to just roll with your advice and pick up the ZS10 pro until I find something I want more. Thank you a lot for all the help! :)

Back to lurking... Muahahaha!

May 16, 2019 at 2:10 AM Post #4,033 of 5,352
I hope my DM7 review didn't come across as raving. I think it is good but nothing to get excited about. DMS I'm enjoying it a lot, probably more than the DMG but I haven't listened to the DMG for ages (will be doing that tonight). Also, I would take the DMS over the ZS10; not because the ZS10 is bad, but just because the DMS suits my personal preference more.

You should try out the tanchjim oxygens sometime. After all my iems id say this is finally the special one for me!

May 16, 2019 at 2:19 AM Post #4,034 of 5,352

ZS10 as in ZS10 PRO ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back