BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
May 16, 2019 at 2:26 AM Post #4,036 of 5,353
You should try out the tanchjim oxygens sometime. After all my iems id say this is finally the special one for me!
I've heard so much praise for that IEM and would love to try it. I might look into getting one but am kinda snowed under with gear at present.

May 16, 2019 at 4:59 AM Post #4,038 of 5,353
Craziness, I'm glad I waited on buying then.

If you were to choose out of these three what the best price/performance is, which one would you say?

$45 ZS10 Pro.

$100 DMG.

$300 DM7.

I really can't enjoy music unless it has a lot of clarity. I'm very analytical. That said, I don't know how clear IEMs really are compared to cans like HE4XX or HD6xx. So.. I'm assuming I'd need to pay for DM7 in order to hit the clarity I'm looking for?

It depends on what you personally feel 'clarity' to mean but I find the Tin Audio T2 to be great in this regard - accurate, neutral, clear - The T3 is clearer, more low end - more of everything. loving it at the moment.
I used the T2 recently to do some critical EQ'ing at work and found them to be reliable and accurate
Just something that came to mind when you mentioned clarity :)

May 16, 2019 at 5:33 AM Post #4,039 of 5,353
58E8A594-1D32-4CC9-8AA7-B95544B0AEA0.jpeg
Today is our turn to feature the DM7. our full review is now online: https://www.headfonia.com/bgvp-dm7-review/

Your review states the DM7 as the flagship, it’s not the flagship; the BGVP ArtMagic V12 is.
https://www.linsoul.com/product-page/bgvp-artmagic-IEM

Last edited:
May 16, 2019 at 6:59 AM Post #4,040 of 5,353
Craziness, I'm glad I waited on buying then.

If you were to choose out of these three what the best price/performance is, which one would you say?

$45 ZS10 Pro.

$100 DMG.

$300 DM7.

I really can't enjoy music unless it has a lot of clarity. I'm very analytical. That said, I don't know how clear IEMs really are compared to cans like HE4XX or HD6xx. So.. I'm assuming I'd need to pay for DM7 in order to hit the clarity I'm looking for?

just go for the DM7 and enjoy it

May 16, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #4,041 of 5,353
Early impressions along with HBB’s is telling me to save my money and give the DMS a miss.. . Although I’m not a detail monster I don’t like the term ‘veiled’ at all. Surprised by it being applied to the DMS with its Knowles BA’s playing the highs.

I Wonder if further DD burn time/cable change would help in this area.

Seems its back to the original plan of buying a backup DM6 later on - best quality:cost Ratio so far.

May 16, 2019 at 11:20 AM Post #4,042 of 5,353
I received the BGVP DMS a few days go and I rather like them, The tonality is fine, pianos sound just like they should, drums too. Vocals are slightly recessed but not by much. They have a U shape to my ears with the tips I'm using

May 16, 2019 at 12:57 PM Post #4,044 of 5,353
Now i am also a little bit confused. After HBB comments i am little bit surprised that dms is below kz zs10pro. But knowing he likes more brighter treble boosted iems and dms isn't like this it also could be some preference question. Coldnt believe bgvp made worse iems than dmg. But sometime it happens also so will need to hear more opinions. Sometimes clarity couldn't compensate lack of musicality. And dm6 for me not so musical as kanas pro. Even if it is more revealing or clear. So kanas is much better for usual listening for me. Hoped dms could be in the same territory. Now don't know what else is worth the price or better than kanas.

May 16, 2019 at 1:07 PM Post #4,045 of 5,353
Now i am also a little bit confused. After HBB comments i am little bit surprised that dms is below kz zs10pro. But knowing he likes more brighter treble boosted iems and dms isn't like this it also could be some preference question. Coldnt believe bgvp made worse iems than dmg. But sometime it happens also so will need to hear more opinions. Sometimes clarity couldn't compensate lack of musicality. And dm6 for me not so musical as kanas pro. Even if it is more revealing or clear. So kanas is much better for usual listening for me. Hoped dms could be in the same territory. Now don't know what else is worth the price or better than kanas.

I’m also hoping @Hawaiibadboy will compare the DMS to Kanas Pro in his video review.
One last consideration for the DMS.

Last edited:
May 16, 2019 at 2:23 PM Post #4,046 of 5,353
Just to confuse things even further. I have the Kanas Pro at the moment and I will soon be returning it. It can sound very good with some tracks but with others it can get a bit shouty and a bit grating in the treble region (even after 200 hours burn-in). A few other people on another thread have also mentioned that they had similar sorts of issues with it.

I had the DMG recently and it was decent but not good enough for me to keep as I only want a few IEM's and not a few hundred like many people on here seem to have. :)

My main point is that we all have different preferences. So other peoples views are of limited value and we really have to try for ourselves in the end.

May 16, 2019 at 3:10 PM Post #4,047 of 5,353
I knew what you meant, that's what I ordered. Cheerios! :)

I got hit with a lightning deal via Amazon selling the KZ KS 10 Pro for 36 bucks. Of course I nailed it as an addition to my collection.
Tony

May 16, 2019 at 9:20 PM Post #4,049 of 5,353
Early impressions along with HBB’s is telling me to save my money and give the DMS a miss.. . Although I’m not a detail monster I don’t like the term ‘veiled’ at all. Surprised by it being applied to the DMS with its Knowles BA’s playing the highs.

I Wonder if further DD burn time/cable change would help in this area.

Seems its back to the original plan of buying a backup DM6 later on - best quality:cost Ratio so far.
Almost anything might sound veiled if you've just come from the ZS10 Pro which is by nature bright with a very forward treble.

May 17, 2019 at 1:42 AM Post #4,050 of 5,353
If you already have the KPE then imo you will find the DMS to be a downgrade. I did some ABing the other day and KPE is superior in all areas except fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back