BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
May 17, 2019 at 3:57 AM Post #4,051 of 5,352
So far I like what I'm hearing from the DMS. I won't say any more for the moment but I'll give some more detailed impressions soon. In the meantime, feast your eyes on the graph.

is there gonna be a full review of the DMS any time soon??

May 17, 2019 at 4:01 AM Post #4,052 of 5,352
Almost anything might sound veiled if you've just come from the ZS10 Pro which is by nature bright with a very forward treble.
nice to hear these good news
recently bought DMS and currently waiting to arrive here
DMG sounds perfect to me ,open,wide and an upgrade to that sound is off course welcomed
that is off course if DMS is and upgrade to DMG's sound

May 17, 2019 at 4:06 AM Post #4,053 of 5,352
I’m also hoping @Hawaiibadboy will compare the DMS to Kanas Pro in his video review.
One last consideration for the DMS.
If he doesn’t compare the 2 you just have to connect the dots. Or in this case the reviews. He will usually reply to specific questions right after a review is released. But when he gets his extra case organized to address the 2 different price brackets I believe most of any questions will be answered on how the different models compare. I just bought a set of KZ ZS10 PRO on his recommendation. $39 on Amazon I couldn’t resist. We’ll see how that goes.

May 17, 2019 at 4:13 AM Post #4,054 of 5,352
I also prefer the ZS10 pro over the DMS. The bass is just as good if not better, and more clarity overall but without sibilance issues. Build and fit is also very nice. One of KZ's best and a no brainer at this price.

That’s good to hear. Clarity with no sibilance. I just got a pair of ZS10 PRO for $39. I thought the original ZS10 was oddly tuned. Couldn’t put my finger on it but there was a lack of clarity other iems I own didn’t suffer from. I do like the KZ AS10 for what it’s worth.

May 17, 2019 at 4:50 AM Post #4,055 of 5,352
If you already have the KPE then imo you will find the DMS to be a downgrade. I did some ABing the other day and KPE is superior in all areas except fit.
Thanks for sharing, i really hoped dms could be equal o even upgrade but it seems that kanas still rules there. So possibly will pass dms. Seems in this price range really hard to find any upgrade from kanas. Dm7 could be but its its different price and i already have dm6 :)

May 17, 2019 at 6:22 AM Post #4,056 of 5,352
nice to hear these good news
recently bought DMS and currently waiting to arrive here
DMG sounds perfect to me ,open,wide and an upgrade to that sound is off course welcomed
that is off course if DMS is and upgrade to DMG's sound
In some ways, it is an upgrade but I'd say more of a sidegrade. The biggest benefit of the DMS (IMO) is the midrange is less recessed and vocals are more forward. I'm working on my review and should be done in a day or two.

May 18, 2019 at 3:48 AM Post #4,057 of 5,352
Got this in yesterday! I'll post some impressions soon. :)

269781558091188_.pic.jpg

May 18, 2019 at 6:25 PM Post #4,061 of 5,352
May 19, 2019 at 6:40 AM Post #4,063 of 5,352

Thanks crab, I cringe at the thought of my music sounding like "beating a pillow with a stick."

Overall impressions seem, "meh" on the DMS compared to other things in the price range (Kanas Pro) and that for value, getting the DMG for $100 is a better buy than DMS at $160 unless you really want the boosted mids?

May 19, 2019 at 6:59 AM Post #4,064 of 5,352
Thanks crab, I cringe at the thought of my music sounding like "beating a pillow with a stick."

Overall impressions seem, "meh" on the DMS compared to other things in the price range (Kanas Pro) and that for value, getting the DMG for $100 is a better buy than DMS at $160 unless you really want the boosted mids?
Yeah, pretty much. If they had improved on the bass it would be a different story altogether.

May 19, 2019 at 7:16 AM Post #4,065 of 5,352
Thanks for reviewing dms. Saved me from spending 150 euros for no upgrade and better say downgrade from kanas. That was good opportunity and chanse for bgvp to make one more hit. But seems it was missed. And weaker bass of dm7 also no upgrade from kanas in this part. So fearless possibly will be worth spending money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back