Its both 3.5 mmit really dont fit ?

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2019 at 3:46 PM Post #3,410 of 5,353
No i selected 3.5 so im good ?

Desvrition says balanced

Apr 3, 2019 at 3:49 PM Post #3,411 of 5,353
No i selected 3.5 so im good ?

Desvrition says balanced

If the cable is terminated in 3.5mm you are fine. If its terminated in 2.5 or 4.4 then you need an adapter.

Apr 3, 2019 at 3:59 PM Post #3,412 of 5,353
Apr 3, 2019 at 8:54 PM Post #3,413 of 5,353
Apr 3, 2019 at 9:36 PM Post #3,414 of 5,353
Yeah, I can certainly appreciate were you are coming from and certainly in terms of the whole 'snake oil' thing & companies trying to rip people off by exploiting certain views I would agree with you 100%
its important to much more scientifically minded in terms of ones buying choices
I don't DIS-agree with you exactly, maybe its more to do with the context...Anyway, its all good - we all are lucky to be able to enjoy music with some nice gear!

I have found that my hearing has different qualities throughout a 24 hour cycle that's for sure. If I try to relax and listen to music in the afternoon I'm usually just mehhh, but for some reason, after midnight and in the early hours Ive had some amazing eargasmic experiences !
Im not sure if its just because Im more relaxed or what, but yes, there is so much that effects ones hearing - mood, hunger, tiredness etc etc and I have no change of enjoying music

I find this myself as well. Actually this is a really good statement.

Apr 3, 2019 at 10:04 PM Post #3,416 of 5,353
To be frank, I'm not sure yet if I like the sound of the DM6. I might have to clean my ears (literally), but it sounds muffled and not as powerful as my previous VSonic GR07 Anniversary edition. Could this be due to the stock tips? One of the cables, the right cable, also doesn't fit well around my ear.

Apr 3, 2019 at 10:47 PM Post #3,417 of 5,353
Thats kind of odd. The DM6 is the opposite of muffled. It's got amazing clarity infact. Maybe you are hearing the bass? You can reform the cable by heating it up a bit and then forming and letting it cool. I don't like the cable much though, too stiff.
What DAP are you using?

Apr 4, 2019 at 3:30 AM Post #3,418 of 5,353
To be frank, I'm not sure yet if I like the sound of the DM6. I might have to clean my ears (literally), but it sounds muffled and not as powerful as my previous VSonic GR07 Anniversary edition. Could this be due to the stock tips? One of the cables, the right cable, also doesn't fit well around my ear.
This seams like an amazing sale price for such a nice cable... Just make sure you get the correct termination..2.5,3.5,4.4...i might have to order this myself.
That's a great cable at an amazing price and pairs with the DM6 very nicely... Just make sure you get the right termination to go with your gear...2.5 or 3.5 or 4.4
I might have to jump on this sale myself!!

Apr 4, 2019 at 8:00 AM Post #3,419 of 5,353
Thats kind of odd. The DM6 is the opposite of muffled. It's got amazing clarity infact. Maybe you are hearing the bass? You can reform the cable by heating it up a bit and then forming and letting it cool. I don't like the cable much though, too stiff.
What DAP are you using?

FiiO M9.

My stuffed ears might also be the bottleneck :p but I'll try with the stock unbalanced cable, too.

Apr 4, 2019 at 9:44 AM Post #3,420 of 5,353
I have found that my hearing has different qualities throughout a 24 hour cycle that's for sure. If I try to relax and listen to music in the afternoon I'm usually just mehhh, but for some reason, after midnight and in the early hours Ive had some amazing eargasmic experiences !
Im not sure if its just because Im more relaxed or what, but yes, there is so much that effects ones hearing - mood, hunger, tiredness etc etc and I have no change of enjoying music

Always been the case. At night or early hours of morning the hearing sense is heightenied naturally to account for lack of light sensed.

Listening at night with DM6 is EARGASMIC and I found myself accidentally sitting up like an owl till 3am few times. I now try to avoid listening after 10PM.

That’s a good cable and I’m sure you can find impressions of it with DM6 on this thread. It’s physically thicker than an 8 core so keep that in mind. If I recall the impressions correctly it made the sound smoother overall. There is a nice 8 core version of this cable too by NICEHCK.

I think if I was buying a new budget cable now I would get the ISN S8. It was reviewed in this thread by @Palash

This seams like an amazing sale price for such a nice cable...
I might have to jump on this sale myself!!

Seen it pretty much around that price since I spotted it in Nov18. Goes up and down by around $5.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back