BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Mar 30, 2019 at 8:27 AM Post #3,272 of 5,353
So it begins..

Do you think these will be additional sale offering to DM6 with different driver configuration as opposed to repackaged retuned DM6 ie v2 ?

No a new series.
They posted about it back in December when folks were getting fake track #'s and all kinds of stuff.
I fired off a mail and said the optics....they are bad. People struggling to get the DM6 or their money back and poof...got a new series at the same time?? It was a coincidence but it woulda looked horrible.

They apparently are ready to start rolling stuff out. Besides the December sneak peak I know about as much as you.

Mar 30, 2019 at 8:49 AM Post #3,273 of 5,353
Mar 30, 2019 at 8:55 AM Post #3,274 of 5,353
Mar 30, 2019 at 9:07 AM Post #3,275 of 5,353
Can sombody read that is that japanese is there somewehre a price or a release date ?

BGVP electroacoustic
oNew DM7
BGVP electroacoustic
BGVPDM7 six-unit custom in-ear fever headphones
Drive unit: six balanced armature units
Sensitivity 21 20dB SPL/MW
Input impedance: 160
Frequency response: 10Hz-40kHz
Distortion rate ー 0.5% (1 kHz)
Acoustic left s1 dB
Rated power: 6mW
Cable length: 1.2m+5%
I remember the old DM7 is finally here! Live real machine audition!

Mar 30, 2019 at 9:19 AM Post #3,276 of 5,353
BGVP electroacoustic
oNew DM7
BGVP electroacoustic
BGVPDM7 six-unit custom in-ear fever headphones
Drive unit: six balanced armature units
Sensitivity 21 20dB SPL/MW
Input impedance: 160
Frequency response: 10Hz-40kHz
Distortion rate ー 0.5% (1 kHz)
Acoustic left s1 dB
Rated power: 6mW
Cable length: 1.2m+5%
I remember the old DM7 is finally here! Live real machine audition!
Thank you i ordered the dm6 on thuesday that doesent feel good to see there is the dm7 coming :)

Mar 30, 2019 at 10:04 AM Post #3,278 of 5,353
Shoukd i get pure copper or copper whit silver cable for the dm6

Mar 30, 2019 at 11:26 AM Post #3,280 of 5,353
Wow a new IEM ? DM6 still in the hype yet they release another brand new flagship
I bet they correct the sibilance problem and want now 250-300 dollar

Mar 30, 2019 at 1:27 PM Post #3,282 of 5,353
The too much harsh treble is probably due to manufacturing problems. BGGARs DM6 graph is absolutely not peaky and neither is my set. BGGAR's set was made maybe mid-last year (guessing based on when his review came out). Mine was probably produced in November of last year. Maybe they got a handle on manufacturing and decided to throw another BA in there for good measure?

Mar 30, 2019 at 1:47 PM Post #3,283 of 5,353
The too much harsh treble is probably due to manufacturing problems. BGGARs DM6 graph is absolutely not peaky and neither is my set. BGGAR's set was made maybe mid-last year (guessing based on when his review came out). Mine was probably produced in November of last year. Maybe they got a handle on manufacturing and decided to throw another BA in there for good measure?
It's way too widespread to be a manufactoring problem. I think maybe the ones with the harsh trebles are a version two-ish similar with KZ and the ZS5. People liked the ZS5 until later many people said their's has very harsh treble; then it turns out the ones with the harsh treble has 2 BAs at the nozzle instead of one like the original. If BGVP didn't change the BAs, they probably tweaked the sound signature.

Mar 30, 2019 at 2:11 PM Post #3,285 of 5,353
with harsh treble should appear about at the end of 2018 and begining 2019 because i know that my sample was made from the new batches as older were already sold and there wasn't any of these available from november sales then bgvp began to make something that till now isn't clearly answered. Do they silently changed something or it was some intentional change in tuning control to make production faster as an answer to rapidly expanding demand. But this problem exist whatever bad boy or other that have good samples says. Perhaps not all samples but some. Too much people and too much ears that says the same. If you have to look for "good" tips or "smooth" source to tame down this harsh treble then there was a problem. Don't know how about new batches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back