BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Mar 29, 2019 at 7:06 PM Post #3,256 of 5,353
It's safe to say that the KPE can be used for any genera, relaxed yet powerful and detailed. Perfect for any youtube watching or videos as well. HUUUUUGE sound stage. People that don't hear it have a bad seal or something wrong with their fit. The KPE has the best sound stage under $200 bux, I'd bet money on that.

Thanks a ton my dude, I'm gonna grab the KPE and if it feels like it's missing something i'll just get a dm6, that's the safest bet I guess :)

Very helpful and detailed explanations, thanks <3

Mar 29, 2019 at 7:12 PM Post #3,257 of 5,353
I can use the DM6 for hours and hours but some people are more sensitive to high end treble. Don't let that put you off, the DM6 has those details in JUST the right place. To be honest, the KPE isn't as as good as the DM6 for metal. That is the only real thing that sticks out in my mind. Its sound signature is more 'lively' than the KPE so dense metal tracks are just so detailed and amazing. I'm a metal head and DAMN, the Dm6 hits me square in that special place. The moondrop is one of those IEMs that can surprise you even after owning it for a long time. It's tuned to perfection imo. In my mind, the pinnacle of an IEM might be the Moondrop A8 because they can tune so damn well AND you get a **** load of high quality balanced armatures. But thats $666 and that is way out of my price range unless I sell some stuff.

Some of this comes down to liking the sound of a balanced armature vs single (badass) dynamic driver. I flop back and forth but overall, im a dynamic driver man.

It's safe to say that the KPE can be used for any genera, relaxed yet powerful and detailed. Perfect for any youtube watching or videos as well. HUUUUUGE sound stage. People that don't hear it have a bad seal or something wrong with their fit. The KPE has the best sound stage under $200 bux, I'd bet money on that.
And how about dm6 for youtube

Mar 29, 2019 at 7:40 PM Post #3,259 of 5,353
Youtube is just an audio source. The KPE sounds great with anything really. It is a bit more forgiving to compressed stuff than the DM6 for instance, so maybe better for youtube.
Damn so i wanted to use the dm6 for youtube and rap :D
Maybe i cansel it and geht the kanas

Mar 29, 2019 at 7:44 PM Post #3,260 of 5,353
Not sure if this was mentioned but Aliexpress has an anniversary sale going on. I put in an order at Audio & Video Professional Store. Ordered the Marine Blue but after reading complaints about them in this thread, I decided to contact them and ask them if they had the item in stock. To my surprise they responded saying that they have Agate Red, Transparent Black, Sapphire Blue, Transparent Clear, Obsidian Black in stock. Marine Blue would be in stock 4-5 days so I asked to change the color and they were ok with that. Fingers crossed that they will not give me a bogus tracking number and will get this out to the shipper in a timely manner (I still didn't get a tracking number). But for $146.10 shipped after all the coupons and discounts put together, I gotta just keep my fingers crossed. Long story short, if anyone is looking for a pair of DM6 and has patience, A&V got good prices at the moment.

Mar 29, 2019 at 7:50 PM Post #3,261 of 5,353
Damn so i wanted to use the dm6 for youtube and rap :D
Maybe i cansel it and geht the kanas

It's not like the DM6 can't do rap! I know im talking about the KPE a lot. The DM6 is legit badass! For Rap it would utterly KILL. It has higher midbass than the KPE and more bass overall by tuning, so perfect for rap beats. I mean I listen to rap all the time with my set, very satisfying.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2019 at 8:07 PM Post #3,262 of 5,353
Not sure if this was mentioned but Aliexpress has an anniversary sale going on. I put in an order at Audio & Video Professional Store. Ordered the Marine Blue but after reading complaints about them in this thread, I decided to contact them and ask them if they had the item in stock. To my surprise they responded saying that they have Agate Red, Transparent Black, Sapphire Blue, Transparent Clear, Obsidian Black in stock. Marine Blue would be in stock 4-5 days so I asked to change the color and they were ok with that. Fingers crossed that they will not give me a bogus tracking number and will get this out to the shipper in a timely manner (I still didn't get a tracking number). But for $146.10 shipped after all the coupons and discounts put together, I gotta just keep my fingers crossed. Long story short, if anyone is looking for a pair of DM6 and has patience, A&V got good prices at the moment.

If you don't mind me asking, how'd you get it down to $146? I'm seeing them at $177-179.

Mar 29, 2019 at 8:22 PM Post #3,264 of 5,353
Subtotal: $179.10
AliExpress Select Coupon: -$8
Seller Savings: -$10
Aliexpress Savings: -$15
Shipping: went with the free shipping $0

Clipped as much coupons as I could and entered a code "LUCKY9"

Hmm... The Select Coupon only wants to give me $2 off. How'd you get the Aliexpress Savings?

I currently have it $157, so if I can't get that $15, it's totally cool. The promo code was clutch, though. :punch:

Mar 29, 2019 at 8:29 PM Post #3,265 of 5,353
Hmm... The Select Coupon only wants to give me $2 off. How'd you get the Aliexpress Savings?

I currently have it $157, so if I can't get that $15, it's totally cool. The promo code was clutch, though. :punch:

$5 came from a new user coupon
$10 off came from the seller ($169 or more save $10)
$8 was from clipping a bunch of $2 coupons
$10 came from the Lucky9 code
Saving $33

Mar 29, 2019 at 8:36 PM Post #3,266 of 5,353
$5 came from a new user coupon
$10 off came from the seller ($169 or more save $10)
$8 was from clipping a bunch of $2 coupons
$10 came from the Lucky9 code
Saving $33

Weird, it's not letting me use a new user coupon with a promo code. I can only do one or the other. Whatever. I'm not gonna sweat an $11 difference between your order and mine. Thanks!

Mar 30, 2019 at 5:51 AM Post #3,268 of 5,353
Mar 30, 2019 at 7:28 AM Post #3,269 of 5,353
BGVP are at Shanghai Headohone Show and they have put some photos up on their Facebook.

No specs as yet. One model advertised is DMS and the other unlabelled - DM7 or just DM6 again with new plates ?? (see photo)

https://www.facebook.com/1996005060651468/posts/2224350594483579?sfns=mo

C42F6D04-F6F7-4683-B28C-814B2E98E3F1.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back