1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series

First

Back
211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220
222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231
Next

Last
  1. archy121
    Yep. Best of all its not too expensive to buy one or two budget Chinese cables under $25 and have a go.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
    jsmiller58 likes this.
  2. Cevisi
    As an electrician i know different Materials of cable like silver cooper gold and the thicknes and cores can have different frequenzy respond on the oziloscope but i dont now if it effects the sound quality i will see and tell

Other wise if it changes nothing i have no problem whit spending some 50 euro on a quality good looking good handling and good felling cable

I will tell about the quality of the cable too i worked whit already whit million euro gold cables whit teflon kevlar isolation 50 million euro molecular rezonace tomographs whit build in tumor destroyin lasers and stuff like that

WhatToChoose likes this.
  3. jsmiller58
    Absolutely, and in any event the tactile and appearance factors can also play a huge role in cable selection and satisfaction! I have two more cables in my Ali checkout right now - just trying to figure out how the coupons work!

One area where there is absolutely no difference between you and me is on the importance of tip selection... the seal, the insertion depth, the bore openings, they all make an astonishing difference in sound quality!

4. archy121
    SNAP ! Got one sitting in the basket too.

Which ones are you looking at ?

After having bought the BGVP OCC and the DM6 also settles & lost all of its sibilance issues I began to wonder about buying another quality SPC cable to bring some sparkle back. If I was to be honest to myself there really is no need for me to buy another $68 cable when I’m so happy with the sound I’m hearing. I could simply Equ in some sparkle for the odd track. But it’s the nagging compulsion to buy something New & Shiny to try with the DM6 - yep dangerous hobby.

9D195683-96E0-4969-B72C-EAC1FD8FD5F4.jpeg

5. Cevisi
    So you lost really treble sparkling whit occ damn i love treble

6. archy121
    It’s not all OCC as I tested with original cable. The BGVP OCC cable made a gentle difference to the signature.

The DM6 drivers changed after additional burn in period. And not all treble is gone - just the very edgy grainy one. Sometimes when I listen to Trance i like a V sound with strong highs but for everything else the DM6 is perfect for endless hours of blissful listening.

7. duyanh43
    I still skeptical about BA Burn-in but after 20 hrs of pink noise and changing into Spinfit tip, my DM6 is much forward sounding, much less dull and dark. But then there appear some highs sparkle and sib but i'm totally ok with that, most of the time is because of the recording. This IEM is not forgiving

darkwing likes this.
  8. battosai
    This cable can be had for ~$69 before coupon if you look carefully. Bought one for my CTM customs. Bought a ~$48 cable for the DM6. May find the link later

9. jsmiller58
    Looking at these two right now (sorry about the formatting... iPad copy and paste issue, coupled with user error/incompetence!

NICEHCK High Quality 8 Core Single Crystal Copper Silver Plated Cable;
    Price:US $161.25 - 165 / piece
    Sale Price:
    US $69.34 - 70.95 /piece
    -57%

Also

Yinyoo Upgrade 4 Core Balanced Cable Alloy with Pure Copper 2.5/3.5/4.4mm with MMCX/2Pin Connector for KZ ZS10 ZST ZS6 TRN CCA

Price:US $173.75 / piece
    Sale Price:
    US $83.40 /piece
    -52%

10. archy121
    Yes I noticed it’s also separatly listed at the lower price. With vouchers I can get it down to around $60.
    I was thinking rather than buy another semi decent mid budget why not go higher end and be done with it. Than I read the following response which caught my attention as I kind of found myself on a similar journey with DM6 (or secretly just bored :p) -

Have you got this cable already to share experience ? The other cable you are thinking of - also SPC ?

@jsmiller58 We have the same SPC cable in our baskets

11. battosai
    I bought this one for my DM6
    https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/ixWT5FS

And I will also get the ISN S8 from Penon at some point. I should be set for the DM6.

12. battosai
    The second one while of great quality sonically, is not very flexible because it is very thick. I learned my lesson when I bought the ISN H16, superb cable but thick as a snake and not very usable when on the go...

jsmiller58 likes this.
  13. jsmiller58
    Thank you, thank you, thank you! Removed from my cart now!

14. Isloo
    Thanks for pointing this out and providing details of the codes you used. I ordered from DD-audio, rather than Audio & Video. The discount works out to be a bit less ($26 extra rather than $33), but still a very good price for the DM6.

15. AudioCans
    Cable type definitely has an affect on the sound signature for me, both with IEM's and with all other headphones that I have. The source quality of the music will also have an effect, but more with the amount of information delivered to the output, (headphones).

I have tried the DM6 with different cables that I have, the stock SE cable supplied I find is very good in my sample, but not as good as the 8 cores Yinyoo silver plated 2.5mm silver plated balanced cable £45 on Amazon UK, this cable produces an even more smoother signature both with the DM6 and the Fiio FH1's that I have; the Fiio LC 2.5B balanced cable £35 on Amazon UK, produces far more treble and a leaner sound with less bass with both the DM6 and the FH1. In both cases the balanced cables produce more soundstage and separation to my ears.

I have just got the Hiby R6 and the DM6 sound even better, really showing what a higher quality source can do with these IEM's. This has further endorsed the fact that it is important to get everything matched up to the sound signature that you like, I prefer a slightly warmer sound in general and the Hiby R6 provides this, so will also use the Yinyoo cable, but if I wanted a cleaner and more analytical sound I would use the Fiio LC 2.5B cable; I've done it and it works for me with all my sources.

Which cable is better ??? To me neither, they just sound different.

I feel that I have now got to the point of massively diminishing returns of investment, I would have to now spend thousands to get very little gain, so it's time to just enjoy the music.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
    requal likes this.
First

Back
211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220
222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231
Next

Last