BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Mar 25, 2019 at 4:08 PM Post #3,182 of 5,353
I have just received some third party tips for the DM6 and I am really impressed.

I got the from Amazon UK. Called TCM TORNADO silicone earbuds. I got them in the large and the fit on the DM6 and in my ears is perfect for me. The bore does not cover any of the sound tube, so you get unrestricted sound, they seem to have some sort of spiralling going on in the outer flange, I've no idea if this has any effect, but these are better than any of the stock tips supplied and the sound has improved for the better. Cost me £5.95 Prime including delivery for 7 pairs, this is a no brainer must have punt.
Add on item though so need to spend £20 to qualify :frowning2: They look like kz whirlwind tips a bit?

Mar 25, 2019 at 7:55 PM Post #3,185 of 5,353
I have just received some third party tips for the DM6 and I am really impressed.

I got the from Amazon UK. Called TCM TORNADO silicone earbuds. I got them in the large and the fit on the DM6 and in my ears is perfect for me. The bore does not cover any of the sound tube, so you get unrestricted sound, they seem to have some sort of spiralling going on in the outer flange, I've no idea if this has any effect, but these are better than any of the stock tips supplied and the sound has improved for the better. Cost me £5.95 Prime including delivery for 7 pairs, this is a no brainer must have punt.

those are whirlwind tips, i love em. they usually have a more airy sound and less bass slam,bringing in the mids and treble clarity more

Mar 26, 2019 at 4:43 AM Post #3,187 of 5,353
those are whirlwind tips, i love em. they usually have a more airy sound and less bass slam,bringing in the mids and treble clarity more

Do have measurements of those? Is the S size approximately 11mm?

Mar 26, 2019 at 5:04 AM Post #3,188 of 5,353
Do have measurements of those? Is the S size approximately 11mm?

HTB1WX4hApmWBuNjSspdq6zugXXaK.jpg

from: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/KZ-...s-Universal-Silicone-Eartips/32888465546.html

Mar 26, 2019 at 6:01 AM Post #3,189 of 5,353
Mar 26, 2019 at 9:10 AM Post #3,190 of 5,353
Mar 26, 2019 at 11:17 AM Post #3,192 of 5,353
Kanas Pro vs DM6.
I have both earphones, first I bought the DM6s and then the Kanas, to have a reliable opinion I waited for the latest arrivals (Kanas Pro) make a correct break-in. I allow myself to post my idea which is valid for what it is worth, that is almost nothing: D: D D

Kanas Pro: better positioning of the instruments and a slightly better spatiality, but a clearly smaller detail.
BGVP DM6: the sound is narrower, less spaced, but for my ears the sound is richer and more detailed.

Overall, the Moondrops are relaxing and are suitable for prolonged listening, BGVPs are challenging, they are rich in detail both up and down and after a while they tend to tire the ear but give more satisfaction and fun.

If I wrote idiocies I apologize, but I really wanted to share my idea with all of you.

Mar 26, 2019 at 12:05 PM Post #3,193 of 5,353
Cables do not make a difference:

Source:

Really useful graph that has been much needed even though it increases the controversy on
the subject.

Many would challenge these graph findings based on first hand anecdotal evidence. Maybe our ears naturally process information more information than what the recording mic can ?

I can blindfold tell the difference between a SPC cable and OCC cable with my Fidelio X2. On the other hand difference with DM6 supplied SPC and upgrade OCC has not been so distinct - perhaps I need to do another listening with a better source.
Currently I’m debating ordering a fairly expensive higher quality cable.

Mar 26, 2019 at 12:53 PM Post #3,194 of 5,353
Cables do not make a difference:

Source:

I do not agree with this. I can tell the difference between spc and opc on the DM6. As a matter of fact I have switched cables recently and my 6 core yooyoo plated copper is so much brighter than my 8 core copper nicehck. It's bearable now that the DM6 has settled but it's different for sure... Haven't really cable rolled other iems yet but DM6 is definitely sensitive to cables. Try it

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2019 at 1:56 PM Post #3,195 of 5,353
I do not agree with this. I can tell the difference between spc and opc on the DM6. As a matter of fact I have switched cables recently and my 6 core yooyoo plated copper is so much brighter than my 8 core copper nicehck. It's bearable now that the DM6 has settled but it's different for sure... Haven't really cable rolled over iems yet but DM6 is definitely sensitive to cables. Try it
Yeah I agree with u. Dm6 also the legend x have hear able changes with different cables

Users who are viewing this thread

Back