BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Mar 27, 2019 at 12:56 AM Post #3,198 of 5,353
@MidSmoothness & @jsmiller58

Apparently the Tennmak version are supposed to be stronger. From the KZ thread:

Tennmak version are much stronger and won’t fall apart like the KZ ones.

You can also order all 1 size from Tennmak. So for example, all L or all S. More color choices too.

With KZ you are stuck with a SML set, even though most people can only use 1 size.

Mar 27, 2019 at 11:41 AM Post #3,200 of 5,353
I'm still enjoying my DM6's which I got last October, they sound pretty great with the ES100
I got the same combo. I cant believe how far bluetooth has come. I cant discern wired vs ldac with 2.5 balanced. Love it.

Mar 27, 2019 at 11:47 AM Post #3,201 of 5,353
I got the same combo. I cant believe how far bluetooth has come. I cant discern wired vs ldac with 2.5 balanced. Love it.

yup, i cannot discern as well using LDAC , just love this combination, and no hiss too, I pretty much stopped looking at other IEMs/DAC because of the price value of this combo

and also an added bonus, the ES100 works great as a USB DAC for the PC

Mar 27, 2019 at 12:03 PM Post #3,202 of 5,353
yup, i cannot discern as well using LDAC , just love this combination, and no hiss too, I pretty much stopped looking at other IEMs/DAC because of the price value of this combo

and also an added bonus, the ES100 works great as a USB DAC for the PC
Yeah. I was deciding between the fiio q1mkii or es100, but since I only use mostly flac files...the es100 was the correct choice. I can keep it on the inside on my jacket via chest pocket and run the headphone cable up with the jacket zipped up. No dangling cables and no heavy stacking with my phone. :)

Mar 27, 2019 at 1:04 PM Post #3,203 of 5,353
I'm pretty interested in the ES100 for outdoor running. I currently have a LG G7 with the Sabre quad dac. My question to anyone that has both devices is does the ES100 sound better? How is the DSP/sound settings in comparison to the LG? Balanced vs LG? Thanks in advance. I really appreciate any insight.

Mar 27, 2019 at 1:17 PM Post #3,204 of 5,353
I'm pretty interested in the ES100 for outdoor running. I currently have a LG G7 with the Sabre quad dac. My question to anyone that has both devices is does the ES100 sound better? How is the DSP/sound settings in comparison to the LG? Balanced vs LG? Thanks in advance. I really appreciate any insight.
Cant answer the question of how it sounds compared to the LG, but almost nothing beats in terms of bluetooth options. Q5 would beat it in the sound department but horrible to lug around. The clip is almost useless on the es100, clamping force is abysmal at best. Pocket wise, it is light and tiny and undetectable. The eq in the earstudio app is great too.

Mar 27, 2019 at 3:08 PM Post #3,205 of 5,353

I bought the smaller and cheaper FIIO BTR3 after reading many opinions that the sound is equally good from both. In fact some preferred the FIIO sound. It also supports all BT codecs inc. LDAC but it has no balance out which is the main difference.
I use it with LG V30 that has same DAC as your G7 and again I can say sound is practically indistinguishable from wired connection.
I have experienced no BT signal loss problems even walking to another room on same floor.

Mar 27, 2019 at 3:33 PM Post #3,206 of 5,353
For me dm6 and es100 perfect combo. One of the main thing i hear in this combo that dm6 higher frequencies tendency to sibilance is practically non existant with es100. I think the main differences with bluetooth vs wired is how treble are represented. With es100 its more softer not so sparkling or harsh so for me its better and easier for ears. As with some other wired sources dm6 is more harsher and perhaps more detailed at the same time but when i hear too much treble peaks i really don't like these combinations. Es100 really fits dm6 tuning perfectly for me. It's unreal how you easily can make dm6 with es100 so good sounding and portable music lover solution.

Mar 27, 2019 at 4:56 PM Post #3,207 of 5,353
I intend on getting rid of the LG G7 and getting a smaller phone. The phone rocks actually but the camera does not. I'd rather have something with a way better camera and then I don't have to worry about the headphone jack which will undoubtedly suck on new phones if you even get one.

So the ES100 looks super nice. I need to think about it a little more but I am pretty sold already.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2019 at 5:45 PM Post #3,208 of 5,353
I intend on getting rid of the LG G7 and getting a smaller phone. The phone rocks actually but the camera does not. I'd rather have something with a way better camera and then I don't have to worry about the headphone jack which will undoubtedly suck on new phones if you even get one.

So the ES100 looks super nice. I need to think about it a little more but I am pretty sold already.
Any modern android has ldac now, so that's good. :) uhh I know you said smaller but the Samsung note 10 is gonna be epic

Mar 27, 2019 at 6:09 PM Post #3,209 of 5,353
IMG_20190327_231857.jpg Tried a surprisingly good sounding cheap combo tonight. The DM6, MUC-M12SM2 3.5mm cable, Zishan DSD (AK4497) and FiiO A5 amp. Just below the USD 500.- mark, a very nice combo with a powerful, detailed yet not harsh sound, as long as you have good mastered recordings (sorry for the blurry and somewhat dark picture)

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2019 at 10:34 PM Post #3,210 of 5,353
Yeah, the ES100 whips ass. Great little piece of hardware with a lovely app to boot.

To the user wondering how it sounds compared to the the LG quad-DAC stuff: strictly better. it uses the same DAC/amp, but it has two of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back