BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Feb 10, 2019 at 4:28 PM Post #2,431 of 5,353
Kanas pro really need more power than dm6. Agree. Can say it personaly. But my phone drives them quite good. Not at the same levels as more sensitive dm6. But still good. As someone already said kanas pro is safer choise. Dont say if it's better. As these iems really good both.

Ok just to make sure. As you don't find sibilance anywhere. Please try this directly from youtube:
And where he sings Jesus to a child.. or other places where are the places with letter s os sh.. These places are really sibilant and ear piercing for me ( too much pronounced). So if you are not hearing this then your unit different tuning for shure. Or my hearing is different completely which i dont believe. Other thing are amazing with dm6 for me. If there is some tuning differencies i should now. This i want to answer and will answer to all of us usual music lovers peace.

I do not hear any unusual siblance from the track you mentioned, some of it is just present on the real track, which I could hear from my laptop speakers, my harman kardon system, UE900 and DM6, but i personally think that these speakers are revealing what is actually present in the track. Changing to small bore tips and the burn-in helped me a lot personally even though i used to believe burn-in is a myth!

Feb 10, 2019 at 7:52 PM Post #2,433 of 5,353
So, using the DM6’s with FIIO 2.5 balanced cable, Silver Plated OCC, source iBasso DX150, listening to Postal Service’s “Give Up”, very sibilant album... it sounds great to me... First three songs are rough, but it is not the DM6’s, which is bringing every single detail, it is the production of the album... great sounding IEMs.

Feb 11, 2019 at 12:18 AM Post #2,434 of 5,353
Anybody have any other pointers for getting my tips to stay on the nozzles? The cello tape thing doesn't seem to really be working. I've added some more in the meantime in hopes that that will help, but I think I just need something that's properly grippy.

Feb 11, 2019 at 3:03 AM Post #2,435 of 5,353
Anybody have any other pointers for getting my tips to stay on the nozzles? The cello tape thing doesn't seem to really be working. I've added some more in the meantime in hopes that that will help, but I think I just need something that's properly grippy.

What tips are you using ?
Both Symbio and Philips fit well enough not to need a hack.

Try the old trick that was also mentioned earlier in the thread where you cut off the inner tube off spare tips, slide it onto the earphone nozzel first and than slide your tips over that.

* Tip * you use two different colour inner tubes and that way it’s possible to identify Right and Left earpieces quickly from the colour of the extended inner tube.

110A16B8-6D01-4A1C-82BC-7F72DEE1D7E3.jpeg

My earphones with the Philip’s tips don’t require this hack . I cut a thin narrow ring piece of tubing and slide it far down the nozzle before putting on the Philip’s tips. The Philips tips do not slide on top of the inner tube rings in this case.
They prevent the Philips tips sliding too back down the nozzle and act as quick R/L identifiers.

32CF81C8-B347-4D7B-9101-F1994199D1E8.jpeg

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2019 at 3:11 AM Post #2,436 of 5,353

Maybe increase the diameter of the nozzle with some heatshrink? It also has a much more grippy surface compared to tape.

Feb 11, 2019 at 4:09 AM Post #2,437 of 5,353
Incorrect. Poweramp can play far above that bitrate. You can pick multiple audio paths including bypass. LOL not audiophile.

I have to push back at this. PowerAMP is by far the oldest audiophile software on android. It has every audio path known to geeks. It can resample or not, it can direct volume control or not, including USB devices. It's DSP and bass controls are goddamned amazing. You want a lush dubstep soundscape? Bass control at %30 on a good IEM, direct volume control on. You want 'AUDIOPHILE' straight hardcore flat output? DSP OFF, Direct Volume control ON, bypass android mixer entirely. you get the point.

Absolutely agree on this. PowerAmp sounds much better on all 3 instances (Meizu MX4Pro with ESS9018, Axon 7 With AKM4490 and HTC U12+ ext SMSL Idea) I have used it lately than any other app.

Feb 11, 2019 at 4:27 AM Post #2,438 of 5,353
Absolutely agree on this. PowerAmp sounds much better on all 3 instances (Meizu MX4Pro with ESS9018, Axon 7 With AKM4490 and HTC U12+ ext SMSL Idea) I have used it lately than any other app.

Some questions for you or @redrol -

- Does PowerAmp pick and fully utilise ES9018 DAC in your phone or ones in other phones such as LG V30 ?

- Will it pickup and work with external USB DAC’s ?

- Does it automatically upsample all 44khz to 48khz which is Android native behaviour ?

- Does it allow bitperfect audio output ?

- Can it login to use Tidal MQA, QoBuzz, Google Music services to output HQ Audio in better quality than android natively does ?

@assassin10000 Wouldn’t heatsink mean having to take the risk of applying a heat gun etc to create the shrink fit onto DM6 nozzle ?

Doesn’t seem a wise move if that’s the case.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2019 at 6:41 AM Post #2,439 of 5,353
Some questions for you or @redrol -

- Does PowerAmp pick and fully utilise ES9018 DAC in your phone or ones in other phones such as LG V30 ?
* depends on the phone if it is implemented. Best to check on the PA forums. Some phones with the same chipsets are some not.
- Will it pickup and work with external USB DAC’s ?
*yes, I've already mentioned this

- Does it automatically upsample all 44khz to 48khz which is Android native behaviour ?
*if the chipset is utilised and recognised (again - depends on the phone) then no.

- Does it allow bitperfect audio output ?
*same as above

- Can it login to use Tidal MQA, QoBuzz, Google Music services to output HQ Audio in better quality than android natively does ?
*nope, its offline music player only.
[/QUOTE]

Feb 11, 2019 at 7:05 AM Post #2,440 of 5,353
@assassin10000 Wouldn’t heatsink mean having to take the risk of applying a heat gun etc to create the shrink fit onto DM6 nozzle ?

Doesn’t seem a wise move if that’s the case.

It does require some heat, don't use a heat gun. You can use a long neck bbq style lighter to shrink the heatshrink without imparting much heat to the iem itself. Just do it in steps to prevent too much heat transfer. Just need to get the side of the flame close to the heat shrink and it will shrink on that side. Pull away for 20-30 seconds, blow on the iem and let it cool then do the other side.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2019 at 7:46 AM Post #2,441 of 5,353
It does require some heat, don't use a heat gun. You can use a long neck bbq style lighter to shrink the heatshrink without imparting much heat to the iem itself. Just do it in steps to prevent too much heat transfer. Just need to get the side of the flame close to the heat shrink and it will shrink on that side. Pull away for 20-30 seconds, blow on the iem and let it cool then do the other side.

Please do not do this, I cringed just reading it. I know it can be done, but sounds extremely risky.

Feb 11, 2019 at 9:32 AM Post #2,444 of 5,353
I'm interested to hear that so many people are having this problem with the DM6 -- I'm having the same issue with the DMGs. About half the time (or more), I end up with a tip in my ear when I remove the IEM. I like the tubing idea, but I think I'm going to see if I have some surgical tubing that will fit, so I can adjust the length more easily. Plus, I have an idea that the wall thickness might be thinner than the inside of another tip. It's pretty grippy stuff, more so than heat shrink tubing (and no heat required). I'll report back on the success or failure.

Does anyone know if this issue is related to nozzle diameter, or if it's just poor design on BGVP's part? I would think the DMGs would have less of an issue because the end of the tuning nozzle is knurled, but no such luck. Does the DM6 have a barb on its nozzle that should be holding the tip, or is it smooth? I've lost two of the blue tips, and one Ostry tuning tip after they fell off and went missing.

Feb 11, 2019 at 9:42 AM Post #2,445 of 5,353
I'm interested to hear that so many people are having this problem with the DM6 -- I'm having the same issue with the DMGs. About half the time (or more), I end up with a tip in my ear when I remove the IEM. I like the tubing idea, but I think I'm going to see if I have some surgical tubing that will fit, so I can adjust the length more easily. Plus, I have an idea that the wall thickness might be thinner than the inside of another tip. It's pretty grippy stuff, more so than heat shrink tubing (and no heat required). I'll report back on the success or failure.

Does anyone know if this issue is related to nozzle diameter, or if it's just poor design on BGVP's part? I would think the DMGs would have less of an issue because the end of the tuning nozzle is knurled, but no such luck. Does the DM6 have a barb on its nozzle that should be holding the tip, or is it smooth? I've lost two of the blue tips, and one Ostry tuning tip after they fell off and went missing.

It’s really a small thing. Some tips slide off easer than others. But the entire IEM outside surface is silky smooth. I figure they are hand polished which could cause the ends of the nozzle to be smoothed out. It’s really not been that big of a deal all these months of use. Normally I have one tip in my ear when I take them out. I guess it could end up being a big issue if you had favorite tips which possibly you could loose track of outside?

There is no lip so to speak only a slight increase at the tip of the nozzle. I thought of using a drop of super glue but the IEMs are too nice. There will maybe be others solutions besides the ones already offered. The thing you have to keep in mind is the area on the inside of the IEM tip (the part which is contact with the nozzle) has to also remain airtight for the bass to be best. So anything that disrupts that contact is going to affect the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back