BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Feb 11, 2019 at 10:15 AM Post #2,446 of 5,353
It’s really a small thing. Some tips slide off easer than others. But the entire IEM outside surface is silky smooth. I figure they are hand polished which could cause the ends of the nozzle to be smoothed out. It’s really not been that big of a deal all these months of use. Normally I have one tip in my ear when I take them out. I guess it could end up being a big issue if you had favorite tips which possibly you could loose track of outside?

There is no lip so to speak only a slight increase at the tip of the nozzle. I thought of using a drop of super glue but the IEMs are too nice. There will maybe be others solutions besides the ones already offered. The thing you have to keep in mind is the area on the inside of the IEM tip (the part which is contact with the nozzle) has to also remain airtight for the bass to be best. So anything that disrupts that contact is going to affect the sound.

Could use the inner tube idea I mentioned above and than put a dot of glue on that before sliding on the favourite tip ?

Got to use a narrow tube fit to start with so
that it holds tight to dm6 nozzle.

Feb 11, 2019 at 1:36 PM Post #2,447 of 5,353
Below is a track I came across randomly that has great bass and at the same time a constant very high frequency ping in the background.

On one hand I imagine it could kill someones ears with complete intolerance to highs But it demonstrates well what the DM6 can produce with its highs.
Quite an incredible sensation listening to the mix of Low and High especially if you have access to it in lossless.

Is this only for me or also for others this music file isn't available. Or link is dead. Wanted to have listen as yesterday hadn't time but now can't.

Feb 11, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #2,448 of 5,353
It’s really a small thing. Some tips slide off easer than others. But the entire IEM outside surface is silky smooth. I figure they are hand polished which could cause the ends of the nozzle to be smoothed out. It’s really not been that big of a deal all these months of use. Normally I have one tip in my ear when I take them out. I guess it could end up being a big issue if you had favorite tips which possibly you could loose track of outside?

There is no lip so to speak only a slight increase at the tip of the nozzle. I thought of using a drop of super glue but the IEMs are too nice. There will maybe be others solutions besides the ones already offered. The thing you have to keep in mind is the area on the inside of the IEM tip (the part which is contact with the nozzle) has to also remain airtight for the bass to be best. So anything that disrupts that contact is going to affect the sound.
it's not that small a thing. my ear geometry is such that if the tip comes off in my ear, I need tweezers to get it out. so i have some in my left pocket right now.

in my opinion, the nozzle is just a bit too short and a bit too slippery. there's a "lip", but it's not manufactured in a way that's all that useful. the plastic used as the inner tube on my old shure olives would eventually get kinda "bonded" to the tubes, but the silicone of the Kz stars and other similar tips doesn't allow for that. in the meantime, i've just used some rubbing alcohol on both the nozzles and the tips interiors, hoping to get them completely clean and allow more adhesion. i'll see how it works, and follow up on some of these other methods if it doesn't work too well.

Feb 11, 2019 at 4:49 PM Post #2,449 of 5,353
it's not that small a thing. my ear geometry is such that if the tip comes off in my ear, I need tweezers to get it out. so i have some in my left pocket right now.

in my opinion, the nozzle is just a bit too short and a bit too slippery. there's a "lip", but it's not manufactured in a way that's all that useful. the plastic used as the inner tube on my old shure olives would eventually get kinda "bonded" to the tubes, but the silicone of the Kz stars and other similar tips doesn't allow for that. in the meantime, i've just used some rubbing alcohol on both the nozzles and the tips interiors, hoping to get them completely clean and allow more adhesion. i'll see how it works, and follow up on some of these other methods if it doesn't work too well.

You could also try some pva type glue. It doesn't harden so should be able to easily peel off if you need to remove the tips.

Feb 11, 2019 at 7:55 PM Post #2,450 of 5,353
NOOOOOOOOOO. Use some clear silicone stuff, like for caulking a kitchen sink. It sticks well but peels off easily with a finger nail. Don't screw your IEMs up.

Feb 11, 2019 at 8:03 PM Post #2,451 of 5,353
Some questions for you or @redrol -

- Does PowerAmp pick and fully utilise ES9018 DAC in your phone or ones in other phones such as LG V30 ?

- Will it pickup and work with external USB DAC’s ?

- Does it automatically upsample all 44khz to 48khz which is Android native behaviour ?

- Does it allow bitperfect audio output ?

- Can it login to use Tidal MQA, QoBuzz, Google Music services to output HQ Audio in better quality than android natively does ?

@assassin10000 Wouldn’t heatsink mean having to take the risk of applying a heat gun etc to create the shrink fit onto DM6 nozzle ?

Doesn’t seem a wise move if that’s the case.

1. Yes absolutley. I own the LG v30 and G7. Both have the same output DACs, both sound identical and both are totally supported.

2. You can use androids audio path, or bypass entirely, its easily to configure.

3. YES

4. Poweramp is a file player. Answer is no.

Feb 12, 2019 at 6:13 AM Post #2,454 of 5,353
Is there any difference between 16 core cable and 8 core? If i will go 16 core on DM6 will i get good sound?

(using on another Mutil BA IEM) -
The 8 core adds a good 20% to the low end - mids warmed up and highs slightly smoothed
The 16 core added the same amount of low end But they added more of an over all warmth to whole Freq range
So basically - 8 core added to the low end but didn't impact too much on the mids and highs (slightly more warm) but the 16 core was more noticeably warm over all
Depends on you want. I would go for the 8 core tithe DM6 and tae it from there - They re cheap enough not to worry too much!

Feb 12, 2019 at 8:03 AM Post #2,455 of 5,353
(using on another Mutil BA IEM) -
The 8 core adds a good 20% to the low end - mids warmed up and highs slightly smoothed
The 16 core added the same amount of low end But they added more of an over all warmth to whole Freq range
So basically - 8 core added to the low end but didn't impact too much on the mids and highs (slightly more warm) but the 16 core was more noticeably warm over all
Depends on you want. I would go for the 8 core tithe DM6 and tae it from there - They re cheap enough not to worry too much!

Great feedback and inline with how I imagined the behaviour with copper cable. In some instance science can’t explain things yet and that doesn’t mean impossible.

BTW Did you get around to share your thoughts on DM6 v KPP ?

If I had not bought the DM6 or liked it as I do, I might have considered the KKP.

Maybe you can try this track out (FLAC ideally) and see share how you hear it on both. It has an interesting mix of Lows and continuous pinging highs that gives a sensational listening experience with the DM6 for me. May test tolerance level of some people’s highs.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2019 at 8:29 AM Post #2,456 of 5,353
Great feedback and inline with how I imagined the behaviour with copper cable. In some instance science can’t explain things yet and that doesn’t mean impossible.

BTW Did you get around to share your thoughts on DM6 v KPP ?

If I had not bought the DM6 and liked it as I do, I might have considered the KKP.

Maybe you can try this track out (FLAC ideally) and see share how you hear it on both. It has an interesting mix of Lows and continuous pinging highs that gives a sensational experience. Will
May test tolerance level of some people’s highs.

I still haven't bought the DM6 but from listening to the KP and following this thread I would say the KP is tuned for a more reference sound with a leaning towards liquid silky smooth mids and highs. A tad cold with the low end mainly coming from the low mids as oppose to the low freq's themselves - where as the DM6 is tuned for a more fun sound with potential for great bass, but is over all, implemented very well.
If you appreciate a more reference sound and dont need to be wowed by deep bass to enjoy your music and love a smooth clear intimate quality then the KP are about as good as it gets for single DD, certainly at this price range. End of the day, they are an intriguing IEM. I Love them!

Feb 12, 2019 at 8:47 AM Post #2,457 of 5,353
I still haven't bought the DM6 but from listening to the KP and following this thread I would say the KP is tuned for a more reference sound with a leaning towards liquid silky smooth mids and highs. A tad cold with the low end mainly coming from the low mids as oppose to the low freq's themselves - where as the DM6 is tuned for a more fun sound with potential for great bass, but is over all, implemented very well.
If you appreciate a more reference sound and dont need to be wowed by deep bass to enjoy your music and love a smooth clear intimate quality then the KP are about as good as it gets for single DD, certainly at this price range. End of the day, they are an intriguing IEM. I Love them!

Sorry I assumed you had DM6 too from your presence and useful contributions to the thread.
DM6 still in your future plans ?

Yes I think I prefer something close to reference with little fun thrown in when called for.
I think my sound preference is well reflected by the fact i have pair of reference monitor speakers with addition of an audiophile subwoofer. This helps when you like wide genre of music.

Feb 12, 2019 at 8:50 AM Post #2,458 of 5,353
Sorry I assumed you had DM6 too from your presence and useful contributions to the thread.
DM6 still in your future plans ?

Yes I think I prefer something close to reference with little fun thrown in when called for.
I think my sound preference is well reflected by the fact i have pair of reference monitor speakers with addition of an audiophile subwoofer. This helps when you like wide genre of music.

One tried to be helpful :)
Im still planning on getting a DM6...I have a few other IEMs on the way in the mean time.
I think you well appreciate and enjoy the Kanas Pro's then :wink:

Feb 12, 2019 at 9:03 AM Post #2,459 of 5,353
One tried to be helpful :)
Im still planning on getting a DM6...I have a few other IEMs on the way in the mean time.
I think you well appreciate and enjoy the Kanas Pro's then :wink:

I don't have much of a budget for audio gear any more so maybe 11/11 if it it goes bargain levels.

Feb 12, 2019 at 11:34 AM Post #2,460 of 5,353
Please disregard my post about the FIIO balanced cable... I am was not a believer in cables (cables are cables in my view) but with the DM6's I need to adjust my view. FIIO balance cable makes the DM6's wayyy to bright, went back to a cheappo ($35) copper balanced cable and the treble is the way that it should be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back