BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Feb 10, 2019 at 9:02 AM Post #2,416 of 5,353
I just connected my reference headphones to the same gear as the DM6 (the ifi Micro BL)

the DM6 got better soundstage, clarity and bass from the Micro BL on low gain without the IEMatch but all was marginal and I will not bother using it on the go with the DM6

Your YT video is sibilance on all : DM6 > Elex (my reference) >> Ananda (more to least sibilance)
it's really rare to get anything sibilance with the Ananda but this video did it!
Thanks for sharing experience. Nice crapy video. Found accidentaly now using for such things as treble issues to find. Sibilance or level of it is different on different iem. With some iem there is not such a problem with this song. But yes dm6 shows there real sibilance , but it shows it everywhere where the song tends to sibilance.

Feb 10, 2019 at 9:35 AM Post #2,417 of 5,353
I understand that youtube music is crap. I am not discussing now about music quality and what is better to listen. Just gave exact song from exact source (youtube) to know what you hear in some places and if this is the same as i hear. And between your post lines i heard the answer. You hear the same sibilance. This song perhaps really sibilant as it is crap quality there. I will try to listen better quality in tidal or spotify to compare ( dont have premium right now). But some other iems i have dont show such sibilance with such music ( and in this exact song) and dm6 shows sibilant places in all it's "glory". I know that dm6 not dark sounding iems but kanas pro also not dark but they tuned there different. So if other guys hear the same sibilance with they dm6 then i will answer to myself the question i want to answer. Thats all i want.

I haven’t had a chance to put the DM6 on yet but what I wanted to let you know that this is one of my favourite albums of all time so I know
It well. I have HQ K2HD cd recording of it which also has the same sibilance you refer to in that track.
That particular song track is Sibilant in nature - I could even hear the Shh you refer to on my thousand pounds HiFi setup when I had it. It is intentionally recorded in that way so there will always be a level of Shh to be heard on any earphones that are correctly recreating the track unless they have a huge roll off.
The level of edginess in the Shh is obviously going to vary slightly depending on factors such as your hearing, the earphone tuning and source to say the least.
If you found that wide bore tips have helped you to lower sibilance over narrow ones than I highly encourage you to try the Philips tips I mentioned earlier. They made a clear difference in sibilance levels going from Symbio to them even though they look same to the eye.

Maybe we should accept the fact that playing sibilant recordings Will come across sibilant on DM6 especially when the track in question is recorded sibilant. It’s not a forgiving iem as we know.
IMO They are not excessively sibilant when compared to my past experiences with iems such as EX1000 or TF10 that were unbearable for me. If the DM6 is giving you sibilance issues with tracks clearly known not to be sibilant recordings than there is a problem.

As we know there is no such thing as one perfect earphone that suits everyone’s ears and music signature taste. Good you have KP for some music and DM6 for other.
Maybe they make perfect complementary set.

*UPDATE EDIT*

The YouTube version is thin sounding so the Sh are definitely more exaggerated than my FLAC version listening on V30.
Even so I don’t find the YouTube version unbearably sibilant. I listened to the YT version using Fidue A73 and although the Shh sound was not as prominent it was definitely there. Because of my familiarity of the track I would conclude the A73 was lacking in the high end rather than say the DM6 was over blowing the highs.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2019 at 9:46 AM Post #2,418 of 5,353
Yeah that track is sibilant on any speaker. Youll have to forgive me for ignoring this case because that track is murdered with low bitrate encoding. I can't consider it a valid example. Now if you produce a FLAC version of that song,

Feb 10, 2019 at 10:28 AM Post #2,419 of 5,353
Yeah that track is sibilant on any speaker. Youll have to forgive me for ignoring this case because that track is murdered with low bitrate encoding. I can't consider it a valid example. Now if you produce a FLAC version of that song,

.. It would still have the Shh as he mentioned. It’s recorded that way. I overcame such issues as this using specific interconnects, source and amps that would combine to give the signature i enjoyed. The speakers remained same but the sound didn’t.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2019 at 11:57 AM Post #2,421 of 5,353
Whats the point of that? If the song is recorded that badly, who cares?!

It’s not badly recorded.
Its how Sony studios along with recording artist preferred it to sound.
I happen to like it that way with its excentuated Shh pronouncements in that track. And the point is - not everyone hears things in the same way so they appreciate different signatures.

Feb 10, 2019 at 12:00 PM Post #2,422 of 5,353
I haven’t had a chance to put the DM6 on yet but what I wanted to let you know that this is one of my favourite albums of all time so I know
It well. I have HQ K2HD cd recording of it which also has the same sibilance you refer to in that track.
That particular song track is Sibilant in nature - I could even hear the Shh you refer to on my thousand pounds HiFi setup when I had it. It is intentionally recorded in that way so there will always be a level of Shh to be heard on any earphones that are correctly recreating the track unless they have a huge roll off.
The level of edginess in the Shh is obviously going to vary slightly depending on factors such as your hearing, the earphone tuning and source to say the least.
If you found that wide bore tips have helped you to lower sibilance over narrow ones than I highly encourage you to try the Philips tips I mentioned earlier. They made a clear difference in sibilance levels going from Symbio to them even though they look same to the eye.

Maybe we should accept the fact that playing sibilant recordings Will come across sibilant on DM6 especially when the track in question is recorded sibilant. It’s not a forgiving iem as we know.
IMO They are not excessively sibilant when compared to my past experiences with iems such as EX1000 or TF10 that were unbearable for me. If the DM6 is giving you sibilance issues with tracks clearly known not to be sibilant recordings than there is a problem.

As we know there is no such thing as one perfect earphone that suits everyone’s ears and music signature taste. Good you have KP for some music and DM6 for other.
Maybe they make perfect complementary set.
Yes i think dm6 complements kanas pro and other way perfectly for different listening needs. As these tuned different, ant treble tuned differently. Dm6 feels like they are exploding, such dynamics. But they amazing there and kpe are calmer, especialy in sibilant regions, don't have peaks as they roll of there quicker. Don't know, what is better. No answer there. Happy with both of them now. I would be even happier if there could be dm6 and kanas hybrid version. :) Will try to find philips tips you mentioned as i have no idea where and what you have in mind. Now using symbio but think there should be even better version for taming the treble.

Feb 10, 2019 at 12:04 PM Post #2,423 of 5,353
Below is a track I came across randomly that has great bass and at the same time a constant very high frequency ping in the background.

On one hand I imagine it could kill someones ears with complete intolerance to highs But it demonstrates well what the DM6 can produce with its highs.
Quite an incredible sensation listening to the mix of Low and High especially if you have access to it in lossless.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2019 at 12:08 PM Post #2,424 of 5,353
Yes i think dm6 complements kanas pro and other way perfectly for different listening needs. As these tuned different, ant treble tuned differently. Dm6 feels like they are exploding, such dynamics. But they amazing there and kpe are calmer, especialy in sibilant regions, don't have peaks as they roll of there quicker. Don't know, what is better. No answer there. Happy with both of them now. I would be even happier if there could be dm6 and kanas hybrid version. :) Will try to find philips tips you mentioned as i have no idea where and what you have in mind. Now using symbio but think there should be even better version for taming the treble.

I wish @Hawaiibadboy would link this from his opening post for others.
Here you go. You will defo benefit from these as I left Symbio for these.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/bgvp-dm6-and-dmg-discussion-thread.894331/page-145#post-14755177

Feb 10, 2019 at 12:20 PM Post #2,425 of 5,353
I wish @Hawaiibadboy would link this from his opening post for others.
Here you go. You will defo benefit from these as I left Symbio for these.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/bgvp-dm6-and-dmg-discussion-thread.894331/page-145#post-14755177
Thanks yes this definately should be linked in his chanel as there is crucial info for all that have or planing to get dm6. These philips tips i definately will order. As i already did with spin fit cp145 that are recomended for kanas pro (original really only looks good but are crap). Your info should be in front of everyones eyes wanting maximum from their dm6 :wink: like 10 comandments for believers in this iem.

Feb 10, 2019 at 12:23 PM Post #2,426 of 5,353
Thanks yes this definately should be linked in his chanel as there is crucial info for all that have or planing to get dm6. These philips tips i definately will order. As i already did with spin fit cp145 that are recomended for kanas pro (original really only looks good but are crap). Your info should be in front of everyones eyes wanting maximum from their dm6 :wink: like 10 comandments for believers in this iem.

I have hinted to @Hawaiibadboy a few times now.. Come on Chris, sort it out.

@MariusAB listen to the video I linked with both KP and DM6 and lets hear your feedback .

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/bgvp-dm6-and-dmg-discussion-thread.894331/page-162#post-14771197

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2019 at 12:36 PM Post #2,428 of 5,353
Feb 10, 2019 at 2:33 PM Post #2,430 of 5,353
I just took a look at AV store out of curiosity and it seems BGVP are now shipping DM6 with OCC cable as standard. AV don’t package the cable and the earphones arrive packed to them from BGVP.
Damn shame this didn’t happen with my order.

B8A19D6E-36DE-4C71-A5AB-C97CBF2451AF.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back