BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Feb 9, 2019 at 6:13 PM Post #2,401 of 5,353
Quick question.....

BGVP DMG or Sony XBA N1AP

Or

BGVP DMG or Sony XBA N3AP

Mainly for edm/dance/house music, running of fiio M6

For reference I tried final e4000, felt they needed a lot of power to drive and felt the bass was a little too much

Was actually quite impressed with the DMG. I've used XBA-A3, MDR-EX600, 800ST and currently have XBA-Z5. I'm a Sony fan and I'd probably go for the N3. It has a excellent response curve. The A3 and Z5 are even bassier than the N3 but the N3 will strike the balance between sub-bass and punch. The DMG I didn't spend a ton of time with, but was impressed with the overall build and comfort. They were very enjoyable and though v-shaped would be a lot of fun, especially used outdoors.

The XBA-Z5 is silkier sounding and more refined overall, and is well-suited for orchestral but also is my go to for drum n bass. Would consider the Z5 it a top-tier basshead IEM.

But the Z5 is pricey. I got it for a great price... but I can honestly say I'd be happy with the DMG as a portable and sometimes at home listen.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2019 at 6:14 PM Post #2,402 of 5,353
That is exactly what bothers me with you. You say things like it's the truth because somehow being super vocal on this thread seems to grant you super powers but most of what you say is pure BS. I don't know why I care so much about it but it frankly annoys me that you are misleading our fellow Head-fiers.
Crosstalk has nothing to do with imaging or soundstage, it's a useless value that nobody can discriminate above a certain point (some say anything above - 40db).
Please inform yourself and stop spreading BS all over this thread.
Reading material for you :
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/questions-about-stereo-crosstalk.660870/
I also have no clue as to the crosstalk thingy, my Hiby R6 pro has a 65db and all I here is great music, great soundstage and great imaging, and no hiss. So, I ignore most talking points. Must be their source. Back to music

Feb 9, 2019 at 7:17 PM Post #2,403 of 5,353
That is exactly what bothers me with you. You say things like it's the truth because somehow being super vocal on this thread seems to grant you super powers but most of what you say is pure BS. I don't know why I care so much about it but it frankly annoys me that you are misleading our fellow Head-fiers.
Crosstalk has nothing to do with imaging or soundstage, it's a useless value that nobody can discriminate above a certain point (some say anything above - 40db).
Please inform yourself and stop spreading BS all over this thread.
Reading material for you :
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/questions-about-stereo-crosstalk.660870/

You are right. I should just get the F out of here, because I have no clue about anything, which is obvious. Problem solved. Thank you. This is my last post in this thread.

Feb 9, 2019 at 8:15 PM Post #2,404 of 5,353
Calm down mate . . 2+2=5 ??

They most likely tailor developed those cables to suit particular earphones with their in-house sound signature.

Number of factors are required to achieve the best Synergy that delivers the sound the earphones were tuned to produce. In this case I don’t believe the Westone would suit the DM6 at and by chance the Sony XBA cable does.
Sony XBA are known to be bass rich so the cable was probably developed to suit that. Maybe it’s Multi-stranded ??

Completely true in my findings. Why wouldn’t manufactures develop cables to improve and get the most out of their particular IEM sound? Obviously budget comes into play too. Manufactures are not going to include a $300 cable with a $200 IEM even at wholesale values.

So just for testing I took the Sony N3 IEM cable off the N3 and because of it being MMCX I switched it to the DM6. Interesting as the N3 has almost too much bass naturally, and the cable depleted the DM6 bass, to the point that it was one of the worst combos. So yes, Sony made the N3 cable to “tune” the N3.

Same as a few have found aftermarket cables are rare to enhance the Noble Encore IEM. The included cable can be difficult to beat because it’s matched to bring out the best character. Notice too, the DM6 includes the grey and white copper/silver mixed cable at higher rate than the silver cable. Now while not maybe perfect for many it’s the white and grey cable that many recomend here over ordering the silver/white when given a choice with the DM6.

While liking different cables is subjective, manufactures have found they can pull an IEM response into a more generally liked and balanced tone response with a specific cable which they have spent time testing and researching to arrive at. It always is true that one cable may be good for one IEM and another style cable helps tune a different IEM.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2019 at 8:21 PM Post #2,405 of 5,353
can anyone recommend good Hi-Res music player for android?

PowerAmp isn’t really audiophile grade.

Go for USB Audio Player Pro (UAPP) or Neutron player.

First is easier to configure and there is a dedicated thread for it on here. It’s Developer is always about taking feedback.

Both of these bypass androids 48khz upsampling of 44k material. UAPP will also work natively with external as well as many internal phone DACs eg LG V30.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2019 at 8:24 PM Post #2,406 of 5,353

First is easier to configure and there is a dedicated thread for it on here. It’s Developer is always about taking feedback.

Both of these bypass androids 48khz upsampling of 44k material. UAPP will also work natively with external as well as many internal phone DACs eg LG V30.
I concur, I have all three and poweramp is not the best sounding against the other two.

Feb 9, 2019 at 8:39 PM Post #2,407 of 5,353
I didn't get any time with the DM6 today and at 1am I had to put them in for a quick random listen on Tidal - OMG Dat Bass !
is what I’m struck with immediately. Big fat textured oomphs. There is a definitely a sub woofer in there and it’s not shy.

I know straight away its not going to be a quick listen.. These things are ammaaazing..

Capture+_2019-02-10-01-30-15.png

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2019 at 9:56 PM Post #2,408 of 5,353

Thank you, i will try

Feb 9, 2019 at 9:59 PM Post #2,409 of 5,353
Incorrect. Poweramp can play far above that bitrate. You can pick multiple audio paths including bypass. LOL not audiophile.

I have to push back at this. PowerAMP is by far the oldest audiophile software on android. It has every audio path known to geeks. It can resample or not, it can direct volume control or not, including USB devices. It's DSP and bass controls are goddamned amazing. You want a lush dubstep soundscape? Bass control at %30 on a good IEM, direct volume control on. You want 'AUDIOPHILE' straight hardcore flat output? DSP OFF, Direct Volume control ON, bypass android mixer entirely. you get the point.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2019 at 10:00 PM Post #2,410 of 5,353
I didn't get any time with the DM6 today and at 1am I had to put them in for a quick random listen on Tidal - OMG Dat Bass !
is what I’m struck with immediately. Big fat textured oomphs. There is a definitely a sub woofer in there and it’s not shy.

I know straight away its not going to be a quick listen.. These things are ammaaazing..

BGGAR has the same taste as myself. Thank god. I love my fat basslines. Ohhh yes.

Feb 10, 2019 at 5:48 AM Post #2,412 of 5,353
Get the Moondrop Kanas Pro. It's a fairly harman-neutral, with slight bass boost, and has really good treble peaks, making the cymbals/high-hats distinct and lively. Some DM6 units (including mine) have a bit of a problem with the cymbals/highhats (lacking their fundamental/attack), so if that's important to you, I wouldn't gamble with the DM6 at this time. The Kanas Pro is very resolving (better than the much more expensive fiio FA7), as good as the DM6 (based on people that have both). That's my personal and safe recommendation for you. Keep in mind, that it's 32ohms, meaning it might need some better source, than what most phones can do. :)

That's messed up. Apparently, the S9 (a phone) has better sound (with 100ohm impedance gear) than a dedicated DAP... Some DAP manufacturers should really step-up their game IMO. Otherwise, what they are selling is pointless to me.
Kanas pro really need more power than dm6. Agree. Can say it personaly. But my phone drives them quite good. Not at the same levels as more sensitive dm6. But still good. As someone already said kanas pro is safer choise. Dont say if it's better. As these iems really good both.
I am so immersed laying in the dark on my bed listening to the first few hours (no burn-in) to my DM6, I am too immersed to put them off and take a proper picture :D
20190209-235143.jpg

Samsung S9+ qualcom chipset > stock cable > stock large tips.
I was searching for any sign of harshness, non-found :)
I am not a treble head either, my other headphones are the Elex, Ananda and the EQed -4dB around 6k KZ AS10
the DM6 sound like a neutral/brightish headphones definitely not harsh or sibilant to me. I may EQ their treble down a bit not because are sibilance but because they will be my protable headphones and I like my portables to be a bit dark sounding for easier listening and focusing on what I am doing e.g. driving or working.

This is an early impression only with zero burn in, they sound so good.
Thanks HBB ❤
Ok just to make sure. As you don't find sibilance anywhere. Please try this directly from youtube:
And where he sings Jesus to a child.. or other places where are the places with letter s os sh.. These places are really sibilant and ear piercing for me ( too much pronounced). So if you are not hearing this then your unit different tuning for shure. Or my hearing is different completely which i dont believe. Other thing are amazing with dm6 for me. If there is some tuning differencies i should now. This i want to answer and will answer to all of us usual music lovers peace.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2019 at 7:12 AM Post #2,413 of 5,353
Ok just to make sure. As you don't find sibilance anywhere. Please try this directly from youtube:
And where he sings Jesus to a child.. or other places where are the places with letter s os sh.. These places are really sibilant and ear piercing for me ( too much pronounced). So if you are not hearing this then your unit different tuning for shure. Or my hearing is different completely which i dont believe. Other thing are amazing with dm6 for me. If there is some tuning differencies i should now. This i want to answer and will answer to all of us usual music lovers peace.

You are looking for the wrong headphones if you listen to crap like this, you be better looking for a dark sounding headphones to mask things like this.
On spotify premium it is way better than this YT video.
My DM6 as i mentioned in earlier posts are neutral/brightish headphones which means if the music is crap it will show it to you.
I tried to EQ them like my bright KZ AS10 but failed, they are so good as they are.

Feb 10, 2019 at 7:39 AM Post #2,414 of 5,353
You are looking for the wrong headphones if you listen to crap like this, you be better looking for a dark sounding headphones to mask things like this.
On spotify premium it is way better than this YT video.
My DM6 as i mentioned in earlier posts are neutral/brightish headphones which means if the music is crap it will show it to you.
I tried to EQ them like my bright KZ AS10 but failed, they are so good as they are.
I understand that youtube music is crap. I am not discussing now about music quality and what is better to listen. Just gave exact song from exact source (youtube) to know what you hear in some places and if this is the same as i hear. And between your post lines i heard the answer. You hear the same sibilance. This song perhaps really sibilant as it is crap quality there. I will try to listen better quality in tidal or spotify to compare ( dont have premium right now). But some other iems i have dont show such sibilance with such music ( and in this exact song) and dm6 shows sibilant places in all it's "glory". I know that dm6 not dark sounding iems but kanas pro also not dark but they tuned there different. So if other guys hear the same sibilance with they dm6 then i will answer to myself the question i want to answer. Thats all i want.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2019 at 8:40 AM Post #2,415 of 5,353
I understand that youtube music is crap. I am not discussing now about music quality and what is better to listen. Just gave exact song from exact source (youtube) to know what you hear in some places and if this is the same as i hear. And between your post lines i heard the answer. You hear the same sibilance. This song perhaps really sibilant as it is crap quality there. I will try to listen better quality in tidal or spotify to compare ( dont have premium right now). But some other iems i have dont show such sibilance with such music ( and in this exact song) and dm6 shows sibilant places in all it's "glory". I know that dm6 not dark sounding iems but kanas pro also not dark but they tuned there different. So if other guys hear the same sibilance with they dm6 then i will answer to myself the question i want to answer. Thats all i want.

I just connected my reference headphones to the same gear as the DM6 (the ifi Micro BL)

the DM6 got better soundstage, clarity and bass from the Micro BL on low gain without the IEMatch but all was marginal and I will not bother using it on the go with the DM6

Your YT video is sibilance on all : DM6 > Elex (my reference) >> Ananda (most to least sibilance)
it's really rare to get anything sibilance with the Ananda but this video did it!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back