BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Dec 4, 2018 at 12:48 PM Post #241 of 5,353
The DM6 is a 10 out of 10 anyone who hasn’t gotten their DM6 order please be patient. It is worth the wait. This is by far the best iem I have owned and I have andromedas, bravados, and Atlases in my collection. It is very detailed and the sub bass is by far the best I have ever heard in an iem, it handles everything you throw at it with ease. I will be buying another back up custom pair because I have a feeling the price is about to go up on this iem. It sound like a $800+ iem. It’s so awesome. I’m using the stock cable (the dark silver one) and it is very comfortable. It feels thick and very well built. You will not be disappointed.

Dec 4, 2018 at 12:54 PM Post #242 of 5,353
The DM6 is a 10 out of 10 anyone who hasn’t gotten their DM6 order please be patient. It is worth the wait. This is by far the best iem I have owned and I have andromedas, bravados, and Atlases in my collection. It is very detailed and the sub bass is by far the best I have ever heard in an iem, it handles everything you throw at it with ease. I will be buying another back up custom pair because I have a feeling the price is about to go up on this iem. It sound like a $800+ iem. It’s so awesome. I’m using the stock cable (the dark silver one) and it is very comfortable. It feels thick and very well built. You will not be disappointed.

How does it compare to the Andros?

Dec 4, 2018 at 2:02 PM Post #243 of 5,353
How does it compare to the Andros?
The sound is bigger and I get more detail from the DM6. The Lows hit faster and harder on the DM6. The main thing like with any iem is to make sure you are getting a good seal with the tips. The DM6 fits in my ear perfectly and are more comfy to wear. I wore them for 12 hours at work yesterday with no issues.

Dec 4, 2018 at 2:30 PM Post #244 of 5,353
Generally quite agree. With balanced armatures, in particular, I had a couple who did change for me with burn in, while lots of others did not (or did, but so little that I could not tell).

As I said, though, now I just burn in everything - if it changes, I can then listen to the "final" sound and get a better idea what I'm dealing with, it it doesn't, no big deal - I wasn't in that much of a hurry to begin with :) .
So, what tracks would you propose to a Newby like me who is not yet fully buying the burn in controversy but might be giving it a try? Is there any specific files that you just put on repeat or how does the burn in process look like in reality?

Dec 4, 2018 at 2:41 PM Post #245 of 5,353
@PapaHet I usually use either my own music or a Jlab David Rivera Burn in clip that has a bit of everything inside - but I have absolutely no recollection where I originally got it, lol.

Some guys here on headfi posted some time ago some wav files for burn in - recommedning the pink noise and the sinelog2 one.

You may try doing a search here - I think it should not be too difficult to find them.

@jon parker was saying that he uses Bach - branderburg concertos or organ works for burn in - seems like that would exercise most all frequencies quite well, too :)

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2018 at 2:43 PM Post #246 of 5,353
Dec 4, 2018 at 3:12 PM Post #249 of 5,353
My new cable arrived. I'll do some A/B'ing later to see if I can hear any difference, but for now I'm happy with it being much more pliable and comfortable.

20181204_135203.jpg
20181204_135955.jpg
20181204_135748.jpg

The new cable and the factory cable side by side:
20181204_135631.jpg

Dec 4, 2018 at 3:43 PM Post #252 of 5,353
I have a question about these that maybe someone can answer.
There’s a certain amount of air pressure that supposed to be regulated for safety, pressure that ports out from the front. I can’t seem to find the results of that though. Since the DM6 doesn’t seem to have a vent or a filter on the front, can someone check and see if this iem follows the criteria?

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2018 at 4:09 PM Post #253 of 5,353
Dec 4, 2018 at 10:26 PM Post #254 of 5,353
Help...

Bluetooth mmcx cable for the DM6

Fiio RCBT
Mee Audio BTX1
TRN
Sure
BGVP

Am i missing any?

Last edited: