BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Dec 5, 2018 at 9:15 AM Post #274 of 5,353
I found the fit and isolation is really good. No problem there.
Agreed. I'm also experiencing this isolation phenomenon which was reported earlier here - dm6 seems to isolate more in the lower and higher frequencies while letting more of the mids through.
Sound stupid but it kinda feels that way :D

Dec 5, 2018 at 9:18 AM Post #275 of 5,353
Contact Penon Audio - https://penonaudio.com/bgvp-dm6.html
Custom fit is additional $65. Additional customization will cost you extra. You will have to send them your ear impression.

This is from their AE listing.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...anced-Armature-Earphone-6N-8/32873205335.html
Cutomization Price List:
  • Engraving letters, 3D Pattern print: price as the link shows
  • Flickering powder panel: 15 USD (extra)
  • Gold/ silver foil panel: 15 USD (extra)
  • Relif Panel (constellation relief):15 USD (extra)
  • Gear Panel:30 USD (extra)
  • for more details, please contact us.

Thanks for the info! Really looking on getting the custom fit as well but thinking how big of the sound sig change will happen.. will it be for the good or for the bad? No tip rolling can be done.

Hmmmmmmm decisions decisions...

Dec 5, 2018 at 10:38 AM Post #276 of 5,353
The DM6 was too shouty in the highs for me. I ordered mine through amazon in the ocean blue. I loved the way they felt in my ear but I did have some issues with the tips they sent falling off in my ear. Spinfits stayed on and I had no problems comfort wise after that. Sold them though. I'm assuming they used two of the ba drivers in a high or super high configuration.

Dec 5, 2018 at 10:41 AM Post #277 of 5,353
Penon Is no joke. 10 days to receive my early Christmas gift :)
20181205_163040_Burst01.jpg

Dec 5, 2018 at 11:24 AM Post #278 of 5,353
changed the cable to some oyaide cable, put some defoamed symbios, and switch the amp to high gain...niiiice....it's now more balanced than using the stock cable. less clutter on the mids

I think I hear what you hear per this post and your last. DM6 sounds better on High Gain and improves with a better cable. Even then, I feel that it is not quite perfectly balanced with the amount of highs. Somewhere where a thin rhythm guitar sound should be, it can be too distant. Otherwise, pretty good but wish it had just a little more separation with it's soundstage. I perceive a bit of cluttered mids too, but I think it's because of a bit of recessed highs. I think it needs a front filter for dispersion.

Dec 5, 2018 at 11:34 AM Post #279 of 5,353
I think I hear what you hear per this post and your last. DM6 sounds better on High Gain and improves with a better cable. Even then, I feel that it is not quite perfectly balanced with the amount of highs. Somewhere where a thin rhythm guitar sound should be, it can be too distant. Otherwise, pretty good but wish it had just a little more separation with it's soundstage. I perceive a bit of cluttered mids too, but I think it's because of a bit of recessed highs. I think it needs a front filter for dispersion.

what tips do you use on your DM6? for me this iem is really finicky with tips: small bores like Final audio or Sony tips would squash the treble, making it thin and tinny sounding, while wide bore would make them splashy. only the Symbio (best sound) and the ortofon (second best, the bass is attenuated a bit) suits me

i got a feeling this thing would sound killer with custom fit

Dec 5, 2018 at 11:43 AM Post #280 of 5,353
You'd be surprised how much this iem changes with tips.
The DM6 and the RHA CL2 take the cake on that front.
Experiment with as many tips as you can, narrow bore, wide, try them all.

Dec 5, 2018 at 11:51 AM Post #281 of 5,353
what tips do you use on your DM6? for me this iem is really finicky with tips: small bores like Final audio or Sony tips would squash the treble, making it thin and tinny sounding, while wide bore would make them splashy. only the Symbio (best sound) and the ortofon (second best, the bass is attenuated a bit) suits me

I use the Spiral Dots they sound good to me..still trying to find a large symbio...regarding the symbio if you move your jaw the seal shoul not break right?cause im using mediums it breaks, also how deep do you insert the tips?

Dec 5, 2018 at 11:56 AM Post #282 of 5,353

Which type? W / N ?

Dec 5, 2018 at 12:03 PM Post #283 of 5,353
Dec 5, 2018 at 12:12 PM Post #285 of 5,353
I use the Spiral Dots they sound good to me..still trying to find a large symbio...regarding the symbio if you move your jaw the seal shoul not break right?cause im using mediums it breaks, also how deep do you insert the tips?

aah.. yes, spiral dots is my third favorite, it still a bit splashy on the treble compared to the Symbio in my case, but still much better than some random wide bore that i have.

i just put it snuggly, not too deep, but still won't break seal if i move my jaw.

i made a mistake purchasing M size because with the L symbio (i normally use L with other eartips) i got a great seal, but the foam makes it too "full" in my ears. it turns out M size just kills the bass too much for me. so i go with defoaming the L size.. great solution

Users who are viewing this thread

Back