BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Dec 21, 2018 at 3:37 AM Post #767 of 5,353
niron, that one isn't too thick for mobile use?

I have it connected to the ES100 so no problem at all.

But no issues with a standard case on my iPhone.

Dec 21, 2018 at 3:40 AM Post #768 of 5,353
I have it connected to the ES100 so no problem at all.

But no issues with a standard case on my iPhone.
I meant does it feel too heavy? I have heard of 16 core cables being too mheavy to keep IEMs snugly in place, etc. I'm guessing they're ok, since you didn't mention it

Dec 21, 2018 at 4:02 AM Post #769 of 5,353
Good tunes, bud! And I guess I have to ask: Is that cable SPC or silver? Do you like it with the DM6? I am pretty certain at this point I'm getting a copper cable, but would like to hear from folks who went the other direction why they did and how it turned out, etc. Sorry to be a bit rant-y tonight, but I have so many questions about IEMs these days!

Only discovered him a few months ago, but Goldlink can do no wrong for me.

I’m using a modded pure silver cable from headphonelounge. I hadn’t used it for a while so got Ted to change it to MMCX/4.4mm especially for the DM6.

I’m really happy with the WM1A/DM6 combination. Sounds clean, tight bass, smooth mids, crystal clear vocals and wide soundstage to my ears. Obviously tips also make a difference, but i’ve only been using the symbio tips so far and i’m in love. I’ve never got on with just silicone tips.

I picked up a pure copper cable from AliE, but i’ve not been able to use it yet as the right MMCX connector won’t attach to the earphone for some reason. I’m currently trying to get a replacement cable from the seller, so in time I should be able to do some comparisons.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2018 at 4:25 AM Post #770 of 5,353
I have finally made a decision. I want to get DM6s.
But I have some problems. First, the only store that ships to Spain that I could find them is Penonaudio.
I see there some photos of "colors" and other things. In the description, says that I have to select the color, but I can't, there's no way to select the color or more things, only "custom faceplate type A", "custom faceplate type B".... I don't understand what are those and what to choose.

Help, please

Dec 21, 2018 at 4:26 AM Post #771 of 5,353
Dec 21, 2018 at 4:28 AM Post #772 of 5,353
But I have some problems. First, the only store that ships to Spain that I could find them is Penonaudio.
I see there some photos of "colors" and other things. In the description, says that I have to select the color, but I can't, there's no way to select the color or more things, only "custom faceplate type A", "custom faceplate type B".... I don't understand what are those and what to choose.

Help, please
They don't have anything in stock now. All the options available now are made to order.

Dec 21, 2018 at 4:28 AM Post #773 of 5,353

Help, please
I had same problem but fortunately they had purple ones left so I ordered those. They are lovely. Email penon as they are helpful. In matter of fact they gave me a nice penon scarf with my order.

Dec 21, 2018 at 4:34 AM Post #775 of 5,353
Btw definitely worth getting these iems. They are lovely

Dec 21, 2018 at 5:03 AM Post #778 of 5,353
Could someone hear that owns both the DMG and DM6 tell me if it is overkill to have both? I mean, do they serve the the same purpose with the DM6 just being better? I was close to getting the DMG off MD for $99 but I kept seeing comments raving and drooling over the DM6. Just curious if the sound signature is different enough to justify owning both. I have heard the DMG is supposed to kinda V-shaped and the DM6 more neutral. Would the DM6 be ok to use in music recording or on stage applications?

I have both, the sound signatures are different, you are correct, the DMG is somewhat V-shaped and the DM6, the mids are more forward , so more neutral, both excel in sonic detail retrieval

I wouldn't use the DMG for music recording, but I would for the DM6 since it is the neutral one

Dec 21, 2018 at 5:07 AM Post #779 of 5,353
I have both, the sound signatures are different, you are correct, the DMG is somewhat V-shaped and the DM6, the mids are more forward , so more neutral, both excel in sonic detail retrieval

I wouldn't use the DMG for music recording, but I would for the DM6 since it is the neutral one
Exactly what I was hoping you were gonna say! Thanks, bud!

Dec 21, 2018 at 5:43 AM Post #780 of 5,353
How are you getting on with the wm1a?

Really enjoying it and I feel it pairs nicely with DM6 from balanced output. Racked up 275hrs, so wouldn’t mind doing some direct comparisons with the zx300 now that they’ve had the same amount of burn in. Still feel the zx300 on FW1.0 had more bass density than 1A on FW3.0, but they’re both on latest FW now, so be nice to do some more listening. Coincidentally i’ve not touched my zx300 since bagging the 1A.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back