1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series

First

Back
41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61
Next

Last
  1. VancityDreaming
    Hmmm. I'm not balls deep into cables or daps just yet. Just running my dm6s off of my audioengine d3 connected to my note 8 playing flacs. Would love to give balanced a try but dont have the appropriate cash flow rn since I'm in school.

2. Kitechaser
    Fair enough. Whenever you do want a cable upgrade, just grab a pure copper one. Doesn't have to be expensive. 20 bucks, for some of them.
    They change the tonality more than anything else. More life like.
    You will still be very happy with your setup.

VancityDreaming likes this.
  3. PapaHet
    Guys, I am so curious about the cable theory. I have just started in this hobby and am about to build my collection and aside from the question how big of a sound difference the DM6 will be compared to my old lower prized iems, I really really wonder if I will hear a difference in the cables. In addition to the stock cable (whichever of the two I'll get), I have ordered the golden linsoul one, recommended by HBB & the NICEHCK one linked above.

Cable question aside, I really hope for a massive sound improvement with the Dm6 in combination with the zishan dsd. Bring it postman, bring it already

Kitechaser likes this.
  4. rendyG
    I have this one, balanced.
    Pretty good for the price I think (around $26 on 11.11.).
    The wires are soooo soft, which is nice, but if you want a durable cable, you may want to look elsewhere, because these have really thin pvc sleeve and I imagine the cable will break easily.
    Sound-wise I am really satisfied, DM6 is really sensitive to cable change and copper sounds hands down better than the stock SPC I got.

Edit:
    @PapaHet
    Be careful with the Zishan, do you know its output impedance? I have Walnut v2 and its powerful and 100ohm output makes it unusable for sensitive DM6

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
    PapaHet likes this.
  5. Redcarmoose
    866E90A6-63CC-4DD2-9517-2B246CA95975.jpeg

cobrabucket likes this.
  6. cobrabucket
    kek!

7. cobrabucket
    [deleted]

8. Dizzle77
    Friday vibes

2E721096-D105-4E0C-9A01-00DB3A8A28DB.jpeg

cobrabucket likes this.
  9. cobrabucket
    Could someone hear that owns both the DMG and DM6 tell me if it is overkill to have both? I mean, do they serve the the same purpose with the DM6 just being better? I was close to getting the DMG off MD for $99 but I kept seeing comments raving and drooling over the DM6. Just curious if the sound signature is different enough to justify owning both. I have heard the DMG is supposed to kinda V-shaped and the DM6 more neutral. Would the DM6 be ok to use in music recording or on stage applications?

10. cobrabucket
    Good tunes, bud! And I guess I have to ask: Is that cable SPC or silver? Do you like it with the DM6? I am pretty certain at this point I'm getting a copper cable, but would like to hear from folks who went the other direction why they did and how it turned out, etc. Sorry to be a bit rant-y tonight, but I have so many questions about IEMs these days!

11. niron
  12. cobrabucket
  13. cobrabucket
    I have heard folks elsewhere on the net talk smack about Head-Fi, but I have to say that my experience here since I joined 11 months ago has been overwhelmingly positive. I have found many kind folks willing to spend time sharing their wisdom. Not to get sappy, but I like it here and appreciate the camaraderie.

PapaHet likes this.
  14. PapaHet
    Yea, I had the same question and asked in the zishan corner thread about it. There was one guy who owns both the zishan & the Dm6 and he said they work well together. I will simply give it a try once both have arrived. If it doesn't work, I still can run the dm6 balanced I to my fiio q1 Mk 2 paired with my Huawei p9. In that case I'll need another set of high impedance headphones for the zishan, no? :D I can see my gear slut pattern growing O_O

15. cobrabucket
    That's what I am planning on doing. LG G5 > Q1mk2 > DM6 via balanced. I was going to try my older e17k [no balanced], but realized that I have lost the 15-pin usb that came with it. Anyone have a clue as to where I can find a replacement for this? I have searched seemingly everywhere to no avail. I have a K5 as a dock which has a different usb to connect via PC, but the e17k required that d@/\/\ /\/ special cable to use it as both a DAC and amp for portable use...

PapaHet likes this.
First

Back
41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61
Next

Last