BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Apr 18, 2021 at 4:27 AM Post #5,191 of 5,353
lg v30+, neutron player, flacs

the NS9 do NOT need an amp at all, they are very sensitive earphones.
I think this conclusion can be only made when you directly compare amped and unamped sound. My phone can drive HE400i or KBear Believe to deafening levels, but the sound sucks. I hope the NS9 will benefit from E1DA 9038S, the Believe or KZ ZS6 surely does, while Tin T2 Plus or Revonext QT2 not so much.

Apr 18, 2021 at 5:09 AM Post #5,192 of 5,353
I think this conclusion can be only made when you directly compare amped and unamped sound. My phone can drive HE400i or KBear Believe to deafening levels, but the sound sucks. I hope the NS9 will benefit from E1DA 9038S, the Believe or KZ ZS6 surely does, while Tin T2 Plus or Revonext QT2 not so much.
I have the LG V30 (got to be tricked into raising output) and I no longer use it much at all. It does not drive the BGVP NS9 very well (without the adapter trick). Yes they can be easily driven but they definitely need more juice to get them to fully give their qualities. The sound is really good on my HiBy R5 4.4mm. Using high gain with a bit of juice reminds me of the KBear Believe, in that the volume increases slowly as the volume gain is increased.....and the sound gets meatier (sorry vegetarians).

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2021 at 12:25 PM Post #5,193 of 5,353
I have the LG V30 (got to be tricked into raising output) and I no longer use it much at all. It does not drive the BGVP NS9 very well. Yes they can be easily driven but they definitely need more juice to get them to fully give their qualities. The sound is really good on my HiBy R5 4.4mm. Using high gain with a bit of juice reminds me of the KBear Believe, in that the volume increases slowly as the volume gain is increased.....and the sound gets meatier (sorry vegetarians).
the LG V30 have how much juice :) in miliwatt ?

Apr 18, 2021 at 1:07 PM Post #5,194 of 5,353
the LG V30 have how much juice :) in miliwatt ?
With the LG V30 you can't just plug in a 3.5mm IEM. To get it to go into quad dac, high output, mode.....we have to 'trick' the LG V30, which is by using a 3.5mm adapter on the BGVP NS9 (whether onto the 3.5mm or 2.5mm) to get the V30 to go into quad dac mode. Only once the phone is in quad dac mode it has plenty of power to run the NS9. In fact the NS9 sounds very good if done properly. If the NS9 is just plugged directly into the LG V30 3.5mm it sounds terrible. I'm listening right now to the BGVP NS9, connected properly, to the LG V30 and it sounds excellent. Bass is strong, mids very musical, female upper mid vocals very nice, treble not the most extended, but OK.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2021 at 1:12 PM Post #5,195 of 5,353
With the LG V30 you can't just plug in a 3.5mm IEM. To get it to go into quad dac, high output, mode.....we have to 'trick' the LG V30, which is by using a 3.5mm adapter on the BGVP NS9 (whether onto the 3.5mm or 2.5mm) to get the V30 to go into quad dac mode. Once the phone is in quad dac mode it has plenty of power to run the NS9. In fact the NS9 sounds very good if done properly. If the NS9 is just plugged directly into the LG V30 3.5mm it sounds terrible. I'm listening right now to the BGVP NS9, connected properly, to the LG V30 and it sounds excellent. Bass is strong, mids very musical, female upper mid vocals very nice, treble not the most extended, but OK.

Apr 18, 2021 at 2:16 PM Post #5,200 of 5,353
Tell me your top five
Just the number one whilst I'm watching TV...,............LZ A7. Great piezo treble. I got the NS9, for quality midrange. From the BGVP FR graph the upper mids have good DBs and do in practice stand out. The treble rolls off quickly.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2021 at 8:19 AM Post #5,202 of 5,353
laleeee

The A7 is playing in the same league with the NS9, or its different categories ?

Steve
A7 is all round stronger but that should not distract from the great sound of the NS9. For treble freaks the NS9 may not have the high end energy like the LZ A7, but for mids and bass the NS9 is the business.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back