BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Apr 15, 2021 at 4:32 PM Post #5,163 of 5,353
Here's a review i found on youtube.

Every review i've seen on the NS9 so far, says the same. Which i also agree on.

Of course the driver setup of the NS9 and DM8 are different, as well as their tuning. But IMO i'd say, skip the NS9 and go for the DM8. The DM8 is really a good IEM for it's price. Also i recommend people to look at the frequncy graph of the NS9.

The only good thing about the NS9 is that you can get it for pretty cheap. ( After discount it'll be €111 )

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2021 at 5:02 PM Post #5,164 of 5,353
Here's a review i found on youtube.

Every review i've seen on the NS9 so far, says the same.
Of course the driver setup of the NS9 and DM8 are different, as well as their tuning. But IMO i'd say, skip the NS9 and go for the DM8. The DM8 is really a good IEM for it's price.

Actually @cleg (Porta-Fi) says he prefers the NS9 to the DM8. It makes no sense to pass judgement before any head-fiers have given their thoughts or reviews. Wait for true owners on head-fi to say what they hear.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2021 at 5:21 PM Post #5,165 of 5,353
Actually Cleg (Porta-Fi) says he prefers the NS9 to the DM8. It makes no sense to pass judgement before any head-fiers have given their thoughts or reviews. Wait for true owners on head-fi to say what they hear.

I don't care what he prefers. I disagree with him often anyway. Nor do i care about what you have to say. As i've previous mentioned, which i will repeat again, since you don't seem to understand that it was my oppinion, which is based on the tuning of the NS9. Furthermore don't speak for me, or say what i have to do. Like having to wait for the thoughts of others head-fiers as you imply. My oppinion is my own. Unlike yours which i based on the oppinion/judgement/review of others.

Or should i have no oppinion of my own, like yourself? Since you mentioned that cleg likes the NS9 more than the DM8 means you also likes it better, right? As should i? Maybe listen to stuff yourself and make your own judgement, instead of copy paste other people their oppinion/review.

Just an idea.
Although probably impossible to you.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2021 at 5:26 PM Post #5,166 of 5,353
I don't care what he prefers. I disagree with him often anyway. Nor do i care about what you have to say. As i've previous mentioned, which i will repeat again, since you don't seem to understand is that it was my oppinion, which is based on the tuning of the NS9. Furthermore don't speak for me, or say what i have to do. Like having to wait for the thoughts of others head-fiers as you imply. My oppinion is my own. Unlike yours which i based on the oppinion/judgement/review of others.
Wow! You have a problem.

Apr 15, 2021 at 5:27 PM Post #5,167 of 5,353
I don't care what he prefers. I disagree with him often anyway. Nor do i care about what you have to say. As i've previous mentioned, which i will repeat again, since you don't seem to understand is that it was my oppinion, which is based on the tuning of the NS9. Furthermore don't speak for me, or say what i have to do. Like having to wait for the thoughts of others head-fiers as you imply. My oppinion is my own. Unlike yours which i based on the oppinion/judgement/review of others.
Have you ever heard the NS9 ? (or the DM8)

Apr 16, 2021 at 7:01 AM Post #5,169 of 5,353
I don't care what he prefers. I disagree with him often anyway. Nor do i care about what you have to say. As i've previous mentioned, which i will repeat again, since you don't seem to understand that it was my oppinion, which is based on the tuning of the NS9. Furthermore don't speak for me, or say what i have to do. Like having to wait for the thoughts of others head-fiers as you imply. My oppinion is my own. Unlike yours which i based on the oppinion/judgement/review of others.

Or should i have no oppinion of my own, like yourself? Since you mentioned that cleg likes the NS9 more than the DM8 means you also likes it better, right? As should i? Maybe listen to stuff yourself and make your own judgement, instead of copy paste other people their oppinion/review.

Just an idea.
Although probably impossible to you.
What an ignorant response from a seemingly ignorant person!

Apr 16, 2021 at 9:16 AM Post #5,170 of 5,353
So the BGVP NS9 arrived this morning. I've had a only few hours so they will need time to burn in/break in. These are purely first impressions. The cable is a nice silver and grey 4 core, Silver coated Copper cable. I got 2.5mm and am listening with a FiiO 4.4mm adapter, from my HiBy R5. The tips were too small for me, so I've put some Spiral Dot Large on. Good news, they sound well integrated and have an immediately noticeable trait. Quite a big 3D, wide, soundstage and imaging is excellent. Very clear and present bass, not boomy, and also not intrusive. Like it a lot. On 2Pac, Ambitionz As A Ridah, the bass thumps. All I Need, Radiohead....... Wild Horses, Rolling Stones........ Funky Kingston, Toots and the Maytals....... Cocteau (Binaural), Ottmar Liebert....... Ride On, Christy Moore...... Where do they Go, Tony Joe White, all sound naturally good. Very natural sound. Mids are full and very much in the correct position of the stage. Highs may be a little early in rolling off though, and need a little more energy, don't know if that will change with burn in. Quickly tried all three filters, but too early to really hear differences, I've put the silver one on to maybe extend the treble a little. So going to be solely using these for a couple of weeks to do some burn in then I'll post some more impressions.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2021 at 3:08 PM Post #5,171 of 5,353
So the BGVP NS9 arrived this morning. I've had a only few hours so they will need time to burn in/break in. These are purely first impressions. The cable is a nice silver and grey 4 core, Silver coated Copper cable. I got 2.5mm and am listening with a FiiO 4.4mm adapter, from my HiBy R5. The tips were too small for me, so I've put some Spiral Dot Large on. Good news, they sound well integrated and have an immediately noticeable trait. Quite a big 3D, wide, soundstage and imaging is excellent. Very clear and present bass, not boomy, and also not intrusive. Like it a lot. On 2Pac, Ambitionz As A Ridah, the bass thumps. All I Need, Radiohead....... Wild Horses, Rolling Stones........ Funky Kingston, Toots and the Maytals....... Cocteau (Binaural), Ottmar Liebert....... Ride On, Christy Moore...... Where do they Go, Tony Joe White, all sound naturally good. Very natural sound. Mids are full and very much in the correct position of the stage. Highs may be a little early in rolling off though, and need a little more energy, don't know if that will change with burn in. Quickly tried all three filters, but too early to really hear differences, I've put the silver one on to maybe extend the treble a little. So going to be solely using these for a couple of weeks to do some burn in then I'll post some more impressions.
Hellyeah ! :)

Apr 17, 2021 at 9:01 AM Post #5,172 of 5,353
Small update on the BGVP NS9. Firstly I really like it a lot. Using it on my HiBy R5 it sounds fuller and better from the 4.4mm balanced than the 3.5 single ended. It likes juice and increasing the volume on the 4.4mm energises the sound. With 4 crossovers (really well done), 7 × BA, and a double DD each side, the spacials are exceptional. Good soundstage...wide, good imaging placement, and good depth, height, sometimes holographic....depending on the music of course. For classical orchestral music I find the TRi Starsea (DD X 2 BA) (which I use for classical) has more treble energy but a much thinner sound in comparison to the authoritative sound of the NS9. On the HiBy R5 the NS9 accepts equalisation well from the inbuilt MSEB or Amazon HD equalisation, so the treble can be energised. Some may like a more energetic treble. Bass is very interesting. It can dig very low with a lot of impact and variation, but the mids are left very clean indeed and the NS9 excels in the mids. There is no glare or unusual peaks so I find these have a very non fatiguing but big sound. You are a couple of rows from the front of the auditorium and close enough to the speakers to feel the impact. At the moment I am very impressed at the sound, spacials and technology of these.
I bought the Gold and Black version from AliExpress. I ordered on the 3 April (Chinese Holiday) and they came yesterday morning 16th April. I paid £98.00 plus the Tax Ali charge for the UK. So some brain burn in and now to wait and maybe there will be some physical burn in. I'm very impressed so far

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2021 at 10:23 AM Post #5,173 of 5,353
Small update on the BGVP NS9. Firstly I really like it a lot. Using it on my HiBy R5 it sounds fuller and better from the 4.4mm balanced than the 3.5 single ended. It likes juice and increasing the volume on the 4.4mm energises the sound. With 4 crossovers (really well done), 7 × BA, and a double DD each side, the spacials are exceptional. Good soundstage...wide, good imaging placement, and good depth, height, sometimes holographic....depending on the music of course. For classical orchestral music I find the TRi Starsea (DD X 2 BA) (which I use for classical) has more treble energy but a much thinner sound in comparison to the authoritative sound of the NS9. On the HiBy R5 the NS9 accepts equalisation well from the inbuilt MSEB or Amazon HD equalisation, so the treble can be energised. Some may like a more energetic treble. Bass is very interesting. It can dig very low with a lot of impact and variation, but the mids are left very clean indeed and the NS9 excels in the mids. There is no glare or unusual peaks so I find these have a very non fatiguing but big sound. You are a couple of rows from the front of the auditorium and close enough to the speakers to feel the impact. At the moment I am very impressed at the sound, spacials and technology of these.
I bought the Gold and Black version from AliExpress. I ordered on the 3 April (Chinese Holiday) and they came yesterday morning 16th April. I paid £98.00 plus the Tax Ali charge for the UK. So some brain burn in and now to wait and maybe there will be some physical burn in. I'm very impressed so far
How much output power have the Hiby R5 in 4.4 balanced ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back