BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Apr 1, 2021 at 8:03 PM Post #5,134 of 5,353
My BGVP DM8 IEM's finally arrived. Had them running for the past couple of hours now. Sound pretty darn good I must say so far. I don't know how many hours they have on them if any (purchased very lightly used from a member here). Of course, running them balanced via the HiBy R5 Saber, which it's amp also needs some run-in time as I've only been using BT Jaybird Vista's with it, and the R5 is brand new.

Maybe once everything is run in I'll do a small review, though I have nothing to compare the DM8's to except the Vista's. Hmm... Anywho...

p2278508220-5.jpg

Apr 2, 2021 at 3:01 AM Post #5,135 of 5,353
I've looked at the FR chart on the previous page, and if I see right, each tick on Y-axis is just 2 dB, so the bass accent is just about 10 dB, that isn't that bassy (and they don't sound like a bass-heavy model).

a clear example of how not to publish FR charts )))
for me yes. and NS9 has enoug bass. but I'm not a basshead and electronic music is rare in my library, so I'm probably not the best reference here
it's Alexandros man ,from Athens,Greece....any point on getting NS9 when i already have DM6/7/DMS ???On DMS for example the mid frequencies are a bit veiled (when compared to another hybrid in ear such as Mangird Tea ....there is a huge difference between those two)...Is this the same case here on NS9 as well???
What about the air/space/stage on NS9 ???
Worth to go for ???

Apr 2, 2021 at 3:13 AM Post #5,136 of 5,353
anyone here has compared DM8 with DM7 guys ???

Apr 2, 2021 at 4:41 AM Post #5,137 of 5,353
it's Alexandros man ,from Athens,Greece....any point on getting NS9 when i already have DM6/7/DMS ???On DMS for example the mid frequencies are a bit veiled (when compared to another hybrid in ear such as Mangird Tea ....there is a huge difference between those two)...Is this the same case here on NS9 as well???
What about the air/space/stage on NS9 ???
Worth to go for ???

You know, my subjective opinion — instead of buying lots of mid-tier models in an attempt to find something suiting your tastes, it's better to save and get a model of a higher level. For DM6 + DM7 + DMS + (hypothetical) NS9 — it's at least $500 (by my rough estimation, I'm not tracking prices). For that, you can get pretty advanced models, the upper-mid segment is full of decent models now.

As for "air-space-stage" — it's a subjective thing, for me biggest stage is usually given by neutral/bright models like NF Audio NM2+, FiiO FD5, FLC, and LZ hybrids, etc.

Apr 2, 2021 at 2:19 PM Post #5,138 of 5,353
You know, my subjective opinion — instead of buying lots of mid-tier models in an attempt to find something suiting your tastes, it's better to save and get a model of a higher level. For DM6 + DM7 + DMS + (hypothetical) NS9 — it's at least $500 (by my rough estimation, I'm not tracking prices). For that, you can get pretty advanced models, the upper-mid segment is full of decent models now.

As for "air-space-stage" — it's a subjective thing, for me biggest stage is usually given by neutral/bright models like NF Audio NM2+, FiiO FD5, FLC, and LZ hybrids, etc.
Yes, been thinking about DUNU EST112 recently..

Apr 9, 2021 at 6:21 PM Post #5,139 of 5,353
Just a little, quick update on my DM8’s…

Been playing around with the various tips that came with the DM8’s, and surprisingly enough, the “Vocal” tips sound best, considerably so.

For starters, these tips have opened up the midrange/vocal region, removing the slight congested sound I always seemed to think these DM8’s had, making vocals and some instruments somewhat chesty sounding. That is now gone with these Vocal tips.

Secondly, they have opened up the top end just a bit more, giving a bit more air and space to the treble, which in turn has broadened the sound stage width and depth.

And lastly, the most shocking part, they have increased bass intensity and extension. Sub-bass output is increased and more tactile, pretty much inline with the 6mm dynamic driver in my JayBird Vista’s, if not slightly more so.

These are completely transformed IEM’s, all from just swapping out some tips! I was seriously considering ordering the EST112’s, but now I don’t think I have to.

Now I’m wondering if or how much of an upgrade I could get from a small dedicated head amp/DAC, being fed from the R5 Saber… The Saber is capable of over 1 watt output @ 16 ohms, the DM8’s are 12 ohms, so I’m definitely not hurting for power anytime soon, not to mention I don't play them loud anyway.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2021 at 12:17 AM Post #5,140 of 5,353
Just a little, quick update on my DM8’s…

Been playing around with the various tips that came with the DM8’s, and surprisingly enough, the “Vocal” tips sound best, considerably so.

For starters, these tips have opened up the midrange/vocal region, removing the slight congested sound I always seemed to think these DM8’s had, making vocals and some instruments somewhat chesty sounding. That is now gone with these Vocal tips.

Secondly, they have opened up the top end just a bit more, give a bit more air and space to the treble, which in turn has broadened the sound stage width and depth.

And lastly, the most shocking part, they have increased bass intensity and extension. Sub-bass output is increased and more tactile, pretty much inline with the 6mm dynamic driver in my JayBird Vista’s, if not slightly more so.

These are completely transformed IEM’s, all from just swapping out some tips! I was seriously considering ordering the EST112’s, but now I don’t think I have to.

Now I’m wondering if or how much of an upgrade I could get from a small dedicated head amp/DAC, being fed from the R5 Saber… The Saber is capable of over 1 watt output @ 16 ohms, the DM8’s are 12 ohms, so I’m definitely not hurting for power anytime soon, not to mention I play them loud anyway.

Thoughts?
Just FYI, those tips are separately marketed by BGVP as W01. They are incredible. I have got 3 pairs for myself. Never found another such a wide bore tip which can fit in comparatively smaller nozzle. This was what I was searching for a long while.
I also bought A07 and A08. They are quite nice too, in fact A07 is very good.

Also, I would like to know more about the R5 Saber. Should I send you a pm?

Apr 10, 2021 at 7:07 AM Post #5,141 of 5,353
Just FYI, those tips are separately marketed by BGVP as W01. They are incredible. I have got 3 pairs for myself. Never found another such a wide bore tip which can fit in comparatively smaller nozzle. This was what I was searching for a long while.
I also bought A07 and A08. They are quite nice too, in fact A07 is very good.

Also, I would like to know more about the R5 Saber. Should I send you a pm?

H28e87480c3ea4fcbb532388cda00cc257.png

I just found this based on the W01 tips you mentioned, and these are in fact the results I hear, EXCEPT the part about the bass. The bass didn't loosen up at all as they say. It's still extremely tight and articulate with great detail, tone and texture. If anything, the bass has more grip now and is definitely extended more.

Those A07's also look promising. I may get a pair of those to try out. Though with those, nothing is mentioned about bass, which is the one thing that I really really like now with these W01's.

Thank you very much for your "tip" on the tips! LOL And yes, feel free to send me a PM if you like.

H4e7fc98edad240a0a5726d4a6dcce713v.png

Apr 10, 2021 at 7:07 AM Post #5,142 of 5,353
Hopefully In a few days I should have the BGVP NS9. A double dynamic driver with titanium-plated silicone composite diaphragm and seven Knowles and Sonion BA's each side. I was trying to hold back from buying more IEMs, (I have way too many and can only listen to one at a time). I should get it next week and will give my initial impressions and then more over time. @cleg said it takes time to burn in his Youtube review. A very affordable IEM for the specs. Are there any reviews on this site for the BGVP NS9???

1618052741345.png

Apr 10, 2021 at 7:15 AM Post #5,143 of 5,353
H28e87480c3ea4fcbb532388cda00cc257.png

I just found this based on the W01 tips you mentioned, and these are in fact the results I hear, EXCEPT the part about the bass. The bass didn't loosen up at all as they say. It's still extremely tight and articulate with great detail, tone and texture. If anything, the bass has more grip now and is definitely extended more.

Those A07's also look promising. I may get a pair of those to try out. Though with those, nothing is mentioned about bass, which is the one thing that I really really like now with these W01's.

Thank you very much for your "tip" on the tips! LOL And yes, feel free to send me a PM if you like.

H4e7fc98edad240a0a5726d4a6dcce713v.png
With A07 generally the low end is a bit boosted, and the mids are slightly more emphasised. Very good tips.

Apr 10, 2021 at 9:18 AM Post #5,144 of 5,353
Hopefully In a few days I should have the BGVP NS9. A double dynamic driver with titanium-plated silicone composite diaphragm and seven Knowles and Sonion BA's each side. I was trying to hold back from buying more IEMs, (I have way too many and can only listen to one at a time). I should get it next week and will give my initial impressions and then more over time. @cleg said it takes time to burn in his Youtube review. A very affordable IEM for the specs. Are there any reviews on this site for the BGVP NS9???

1618052741345.png
I understood from the specs that there are in fact 5 generic BAs + 1 Knowles + 1 Sonion (the manufacturing cost of 7 Knowles/Sonion would be too high, perhaps higher than the 169$ retail price). Still great for the price (got mine for 125 $) and first reviews seem positive.

Apr 10, 2021 at 9:34 AM Post #5,145 of 5,353
I understood from the specs that there are inI fact 5 generic BAs + 1 Knowles + 1 Sonion (the manufacturing cost of 7 Knowles/Sonion would be too high, perhaps higher than the 169$ retail price). Still great for the price (got mine for 125 $) and first reviews seem positive.
According to Hifigo they are are all Knowles and Sonion. There was a specially made combined Knowles (as far as I can determine)

'BGVP has utilized high-quality premium balanced armature drivers from Sonion and Knowles. Both these brands are known for their high-quality BA drivers. The pair features two FDK-6018 (combination of 30017 and 60318) drivers for engaging mids, RAF-32783 units for smooth upper mids, and E50DT for transparent and natural ultra-high frequency response'.

The TWFK-30017 and the DEK-60318 are both available Knowles as is the RAF-32783 (available from taobao) The E50DT is Sonion.

How do you like the fit and sound of the NS9?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back