BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Apr 24, 2021 at 8:24 AM Post #5,222 of 5,353
Apr 26, 2021 at 6:13 AM Post #5,224 of 5,353
I have to say that I'm enjoying the hell out of my NS9. The sound is very rich and quite detailed. I swapped the stock filters with the red ones. The stock tips are very nice. Looks like there are ppl that simply hate the NS9s, and people that absolutely love them :)

Apr 26, 2021 at 6:28 AM Post #5,225 of 5,353
I have to say that I'm enjoying the hell out of my NS9. The sound is very rich and quite detailed. I swapped the stock filters with the red ones. The stock tips are very nice. Looks like there are ppl that simply hate the NS9s, and people that absolutely love them :)
I put on a pure silver NiceHCK cable which did lower the bass, and therefore the treble became much more apparent. I actually put the stock cable back on again because I like the native, natural tuning of the BVGP as it is. To me it is a great 'analogue' sound. It has unusually good timbre. With the 2 DD's and 7good BA's it sounds very musical indeed and is in in my rotation with the LZ A7, KBear Believe...... and the BGVP NS9. I use Spiral Dot L from either a HiBy R5 4.4mm balanced or iFi hip-dac 4.4 balanced. Some people seem to have been sold a 'pup'. That is such a shame because for us lucky ones these are 'Gold'. I am using the silver filter and did not like the black filter at all, but will start using the red filter to see what happens.

Apr 26, 2021 at 7:17 AM Post #5,226 of 5,353
I put on a pure silver NiceHCK cable which did lower the bass, and therefore the treble became much more apparent. I actually put the stock cable back on again because I like the native, natural tuning of the BVGP as it is. To me it is a great 'analogue' sound. It has unusually good timbre. With the 2 DD's and 7good BA's it sounds very musical indeed and is in in my rotation with the LZ A7, KBear Believe...... and the BGVP NS9. I use Spiral Dot L from either a HiBy R5 4.4mm balanced or iFi hip-dac 4.4 balanced. Some people seem to have been sold a 'pup'. That is such a shame because for us lucky ones these are 'Gold'. I am using the silver filter and did not like the black filter at all, but will start using the red filter to see what happens.
The treble is interesting on the FR chart supplied by BGVP. At 10k it is 94DB dropping quickly to 88DB at 12k, then suddenly rising to 100DB at 15k. For some that 100DB peak at 15k may be out of reach of hearing, for some it might be just a hint noticed or even just sensed in the treble.

Just been using the red filter.....which I like. I like the silver too, in fact red or silver not a lot of difference. The black filter (I think black is the one that comes fitted) I don't like at all. It is very unbalanced with an overemphasis on bass.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2021 at 7:49 AM Post #5,227 of 5,353
The treble is interesting on the FR chart supplied by BGVP. At 10k it is 94DB dropping quickly to 88DB at 12k, then suddenly rising to 100DB at 15k. For some that 100DB peak at 15k may be out of reach of hearing, for some it might be just a hint noticed or even just sensed in the treble.

Just been using the red filter.....which I like. I like the silver too, in fact red or silver not a lot of difference. The black filter (I think black is the one that comes fitted) I don't like at all. It is very unbalanced with an overemphasis on bass.
I did felt like the stock filter has way too much bass. Yes. Red and Silver are much better.

Apr 26, 2021 at 8:10 AM Post #5,229 of 5,353
From FR, bass is too much
In practice the bass could be too much but isn't on my set. In fact it is a very good bass. Of course people are so varied that it's not possible for one thing to please all people. I would say for anybody who likes a 'bright' sound, avoid the NS9 like the plague, for those that like an upper-mid/bass focused, analogue sound, these may well suit you. Treble is not it's forte but is fine for me. If I need serious treble I use the LZ A7 or TRi Starsea.

Apr 27, 2021 at 10:43 AM Post #5,230 of 5,353
The bass cannon's in the house 💣

Attachments

• 00000IMG_00000_BURST20210427151914348_COVER-picsay (1).jpg
    00000IMG_00000_BURST20210427151914348_COVER-picsay (1).jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 0
Apr 30, 2021 at 7:18 PM Post #5,231 of 5,353
Wow, are they making them in two different factories? Mine are definitely from the garbage one... :frowning2: Bass is ok (but nothing special), mids are thin and there is sibilance everywhere. Literally every "s" stings. Timbre is super metallic. I can listen to KZ ZS6 for hours, but these give me a headache after a few songs. Tip rolling of stock tips on the super wide nozzle is absurdly difficult. On top of everyhing, after a few screws/unscrews, the red and silver filters no longer screw to the left earpiece. Sending them back asap, too bad it will likely cost me another 25$ and 3 months of waiting for money.

Last edited:
May 1, 2021 at 3:01 AM Post #5,232 of 5,353
Wow, are they making them in two different factories? Mine are definitely from the garbage one... :frowning2: Bass is ok (but nothing special), mids are thin and there is sibilance everywhere. Literally every "s" stings. Timbre is super metallic. I can listen to KZ ZS6 for hours, but these give me a headache after a few songs. Tip rolling of stock tips on the super wide nozzle is absurdly difficult. On top of everyhing, after a few screws/unscrews, the red and silver filters no longer screw to the left earpiece. Sending them back asap, too bad it will likely cost me another 25$ and 3 months of waiting for money.
Although I have a functioning and good sounding BGVP NS9 it is clear that there is a manufacturing problem with them. It is clearly more than 'taste' that is affecting them. I would have to advise people not to buy these, it seems that there is a high risk of getting a dud set. Did your set have a QC label? I know BGVP have had QC problems before and may not have learnt their lesson. Such a shame you have to go through all the returns process. It is really unfair because BGVP must be aware of a problem. If, and it's a big if, if they get them right and with decent tips, like Spiral Dots, and a strong source, they are very very good IEM. I empathize with you, you've had expectations but wasted your time. Unlike other threads like KBear, HiBy, FiiO, there is no BGVP manufacturer rep that helps on this thread. Probably they don't care.

Last edited:
May 1, 2021 at 5:38 AM Post #5,233 of 5,353
Although I have a functioning and good sounding BGVP NS9 it is clear that there is a manufacturing problem with them. It is clearly more than 'taste' that is affecting them. I would have to advise people not to buy these, it seems that there is a high risk of getting a dud set. Did your set have a QC label? I know BGVP have had QC problems before and may not have learnt their lesson. Such a shame you have to go through all the returns process. It is really unfair because BGVP must be aware of a problem. If, and it's a big if, they get them right and with decent tips, like Spiral Dots, and a strong source, they are very very good IEM. I empathize with you, you've had expectations but wasted your time. Unlike other threads like KBear, HiBy, FiiO, there is no BGVP manufacturer rep that helps on this thread. Probably they don't c.
I agree, i think its a wonderful set if you have a good source and lot of lossless files

May 1, 2021 at 5:43 PM Post #5,234 of 5,353
Although I have a functioning and good sounding BGVP NS9 it is clear that there is a manufacturing problem with them. It is clearly more than 'taste' that is affecting them. I would have to advise people not to buy these, it seems that there is a high risk of getting a dud set. Did your set have a QC label? I know BGVP have had QC problems before and may not have learnt their lesson. Such a shame you have to go through all the returns process. It is really unfair because BGVP must be aware of a problem. If, and it's a big if, if they get them right and with decent tips, like Spiral Dots, and a strong source, they are very very good IEM. I empathize with you, you've had expectations but wasted your time. Unlike other threads like KBear, HiBy, FiiO, there is no BGVP manufacturer rep that helps on this thread. Probably they don't care.

Yep, there is a QC label...and today not even the stock filter sticks to the left earpiece. Be very careful when replacing them (not that I done anything harmful to them, just tested all three with different tips). Already arranged a return/refund with Aliexpress seller. I hope the BGVP will sort these issues out, the NS9 looks gorgeous (don´t care about resemblance to Fiio) and your sound impressions are just what I was looking for - another relaxed / analogue sounding set with much more subbass than KBear Believe (probably the only part of sound that I´m really missing there).

Last edited:
May 1, 2021 at 7:53 PM Post #5,235 of 5,353
Yep, there is a QC label...and today not even the stock filter sticks to the left earpiece. Be very careful when replacing them (not that I done anything harmful to them, just tested all three with different tips). Already arranged a return/refund with Aliexpress seller. I hope the BGVP will sort these issues out, the NS9 looks gorgeous (don´t care about resemblance to Fiio) and your sound impressions are just what I was looking for - another relaxed / analogue sounding set with much more subbass than KBear Believe (probably the only part of sound that I´m really missing there).
It seems there are a few people who have had poor set. BGVP seem to have a QC problem. So I'm lucky to get a good set. It is clear with ChiFi IEMs there is a lot of set variability and often QC problems even with an 'inspected' ticket. In future the only IEMs I'll get from China are cheapo's like Blon's and KBears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back