BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Nov 1, 2019 at 9:43 AM Post #4,592 of 5,353
I typically listen to freestyle jazz, flamenco style guitar at work and I’m looking for an IEM to pair with my ibasso dx120. Just curious which one in your opinion would fair better for my genres of choice.? Also for some reason I’m a sucker for a holographic 3D sound. I’m leaning towards the dm6 because of the technology (5 drivers vs 1), that doesn’t mean it’s better though I suppose.
These 2 sets are my daily drivers, I tend to use the DM6 more often than the IT01s mostly due to comfort... The DM6 with my S8 cable is supremely comfy and sounds great with most music. The IT01s has an awesome cable but it is a little less supple than my s8 cable and the IT01s has a longer stem that I find less comfortable for my ears. I use foam for the IT01s to improve on the comfort. Sound wise it's a tough one both are really good but for flamenco music maybe I would pick the IT01s to get this tactile sensation coming from the dynamic driver... And maybe Soundstage is a tad wider on the IT01s?
If you have a favorite song that is available on Tidal I could give you more insights...

Nov 1, 2019 at 11:57 AM Post #4,594 of 5,353
These 2 sets are my daily drivers, I tend to use the DM6 more often than the IT01s mostly due to comfort... The DM6 with my S8 cable is supremely comfy and sounds great with most music. The IT01s has an awesome cable but it is a little less supple than my s8 cable and the IT01s has a longer stem that I find less comfortable for my ears. I use foam for the IT01s to improve on the comfort. Sound wise it's a tough one both are really good but for flamenco music maybe I would pick the IT01s to get this tactile sensation coming from the dynamic driver... And maybe Soundstage is a tad wider on the IT01s?
If you have a favorite song that is available on Tidal I could give you more insights...
hmm yeah i put some thoughts into it. Ill likely just go for the IT01s since i already have the DX120 aswell. in the long run its a bit cheaper since they already come with a balanced cable. Its surprisingly to know that one dynamic driver can more or less keep up with 5 balanced armature drivers. Obviously its not your grandpas dynamic driver though.

Nov 2, 2019 at 3:01 AM Post #4,595 of 5,353
Do people here generally consider the T800 a big upgrade to the DM6? Worth the upgrade? Are these both worth owning or too redundant?

Nov 2, 2019 at 8:43 AM Post #4,597 of 5,353
That would be good.

It will be few weeks before my BLON arrives.

Sorry for the delay, just got the time to actually compare them.
The blon vs dm6 sound is like comparing analog to digital, if that even makes sense to you.
The blon is more lively, more natural sounding (like listening to speakers), while the dm6 is more controlled, more focused, and while not as natural sounding as the blon, it's much easier to pin-point sound in the mix.

It's like mixing monitors...some of the most well known studio standard small monitors are not really "natural sounding", but easier to work/mix with. That's the dm6 sounds like
The blon is more like home speaker/car stereo to check the mix or just to enjoy the music

I personally like the dm6 better, because i have that "mixing" mentality when i listen to music, but the blon is definitely faultless for just enjoying music, and I'm not even factoring in the price.

Note: i use JVC spiral dot++ on the blon, and KZ starlines on the dm6

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2019 at 10:11 AM Post #4,598 of 5,353
This my opinion only Cofire, I had the DM6 and Dm7, sold the 7 and got the T800, I think they piss all over both of them (Dm6 +Dm7)

Thanks. Can you elaborate? Do you find the treble of the T800 harsh or sibilant to the DM6? It seems to be such a polarizing topic. I suspect that tips, filters and source are at play. I had to make many tip adjustments with the DM6 so they weren't too bright.

Nov 2, 2019 at 10:24 AM Post #4,599 of 5,353
Thanks. Can you elaborate? Do you find the treble of the T800 harsh or sibilant to the DM6? It seems to be such a polarizing topic. I suspect that tips, filters and source are at play. I had to make many tip adjustments with the DM6 so they weren't too bright.
Umm it's been a while since I have given the Dm6 a whirl, as I'm loving the T800, saying that I've changed cables and tips as the 800 are, I would say a tad brighter in the treble, but have managed to tame down. Don't get me wrong the Dm6 are still a fantastic IEM.
I wrestled with what to do, when the T800 came out, as it was hard to decipher reading from comments so I thought F@@$ it, I will buy them and see what happens ending up selling the Dm7's.
I'm no audiophile long way to go, but can definitely tell when something sounds good Hope that helps mate

Nov 2, 2019 at 1:14 PM Post #4,600 of 5,353
Sorry for the delay, just got the time to actually compare them.
The blon vs dm6 sound is like comparing analog to digital, if that even makes sense to you.
The blon is more lively, more natural sounding (like listening to speakers), while the dm6 is more controlled, more focused, and while not as natural sounding as the blon, it's much easier to pin-point sound in the mix.

It's like mixing monitors...some of the most well known studio standard small monitors are not really "natural sounding", but easier to work/mix with. That's the dm6 sounds like
The blon is more like home speaker/car stereo to check the mix or just to enjoy the music

I personally like the dm6 better, because i have that "mixing" mentality when i listen to music, but the blon is definitely faultless for just enjoying music, and I'm not even factoring in the price.

Note: i use JVC spiral dot++ on the blon, and KZ starlines on the dm6

Thanks for that. Seems both earphones will have their own place of use which is good.

BTW what cable have you settled with on your DM6 ?

I bought the BGVP OCC upgrade cable but don’t feel it did much to improve the sound and looking to pick up something this 11/11. Thinking of copper plus silver as I no longer find the DM6 sibilant at all. A bit more airiness & sparkle would be nice along with tightening of bass.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2019 at 1:21 PM Post #4,601 of 5,353

Actually i find the t800 smooth not harsh not sibilant i use dense foams whit spiral dots its smoother and you can get it much more smoother whit filters its an upgrade compared to the dm6

Nov 2, 2019 at 1:46 PM Post #4,602 of 5,353
Sorry for doing a kind of repeat post but it makes sense if I put the question to all DM6 owners.

In light of AE 11/11 and Black Friday sales coming -

I bought the BGVP OCC upgrade cable but don’t feel it did much to improve the sound and looking to pick up something this 11/11.

Thinking of copper plus silver as I no longer find the DM6 sibilant at all. A bit more airiness & sparkle would be nice along with tightening of mid bass.

So what cable upgrade cable did you buy that made a definite difference to the DM6 sound signature ?

Nov 2, 2019 at 6:33 PM Post #4,603 of 5,353
Thanks for that. Seems both earphones will have their own place of use which is good.

BTW what cable have you settled with on your DM6 ?

I bought the BGVP OCC upgrade cable but don’t feel it did much to improve the sound and looking to pick up something this 11/11. Thinking of copper plus silver as I no longer find the DM6 sibilant at all. A bit more airiness & sparkle would be nice along with tightening of bass.

I use Oyaide HPC-MX cable on my DM6 (and a few other IEMs).

Nov 4, 2019 at 7:33 PM Post #4,605 of 5,353
Looks like the Fiio FH5 is on sale aswell, the DM6 is still cheaper though on 11.11. Were there not alot of people who were comparing the FH5 and the DM6?
I had both .. preferred the DM6 :) would choose them if you want to buy one of both .. fh5 sounds kinda boring to me .. and the nozzle is short .. dm6 fit is better sound too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back