BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Jun 6, 2019 at 8:26 PM Post #4,186 of 5,353
I was strongly considering the DM7 but the amount of problems being experienced is making me lean towards some extra saving and getting the FH7 or a Fearless S8F.
No problems with my DM7. I listened to it all day yesterday and enjoyed it immensely.

Jun 6, 2019 at 8:30 PM Post #4,187 of 5,353
The DM6s definitely have their own fair share of issues and shortcomings, many of which have been laid out in this thread, but nothing like what you have described. It definitely seems like something might be wrong with the set, so my best suggestion would be to contact Linsoul, explain the situation, and see what they would be willing to do. Worst they can say is it's out of their hands. If so, it might not hurt to get in contact with someone in your territory who has a set and see if you can send them your pair to compare. That way you'll know if the set is defective or if you're just having a violently negative reaction to the tuning, in which case you could sell them.

I was thinking that would be the best course of action also. I plugged in the DMG cable and I didn’t hear the drastically rolled off highs. There’s definitely a upper mid spike / lower treble dip that bugs me. Tracks with female vocals and busy electronic effects like Aura from Lady Gaga sound muted where it sound vibrant and energetic on every other headphone or iem.

Switching back to the DM6 cable the sound didn’t change.

It could be an internal wiring problem but I tapped on them several times and didn’t hear anything cutting out or any crackling noises. Being a sealed non serviceable piece of gear makes it really frustrating.

Maybe I have an audio gremlin that’s messing with me.

Jun 7, 2019 at 2:58 PM Post #4,190 of 5,353
15:22 "Hyped by so many what?"

'Idiots' apparently
Seems if people have a different experience/opinion to him then they are laughable idiots
What a nice person :/ ?

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2019 at 3:07 PM Post #4,191 of 5,353
'Idiots' apparently
Seems if people have a different experience/opinion to him then they are laughable idiots
What a nice person :/ ?

Right? I guess if common or global understanding of different factors that play into people's decisions apparently do not match HIS, these "people" are automatically idiots? Regardless of what anyone thinks about anything, everyone has their taste and I think it's more embarrassing not knowing that. He should remove his video, he only embarrasses himself.

Jun 7, 2019 at 3:18 PM Post #4,193 of 5,353
Regardless of anyone's opinion and taste, I happen to like the DMG and the DMS. They have become a couple of my favorites as of late. They are, to me, a little darker with good details. Just my signature.

Jun 7, 2019 at 3:26 PM Post #4,194 of 5,353
I was just checking my old stuff to get rid of...came across Koss KSC75(without foam pad)..and holy s##t...i loved the balanced sound signature(or probably forward mids), crystal clear vocals and highs, amazing separation...Suddenly felt like I was missing those vocals on DM6. I think BAs are not so good with vocals, they sound lifeless to my ears(Especially after listening to Koss)
Any recent iems in the market which sound like KSC75 with slightly more bass?

I would look at Sony. I jumped to ex800 and the XBa Z5. The latter are so so good, but even the ex 800 are better than anything else I tried (UE, ibasso, Kanas, Dm6, KZ)

Jun 7, 2019 at 4:25 PM Post #4,195 of 5,353
When he repeatedly stated he was incapable of judging the DMG I gave him a pass. When he repeatedly stated that maybe there was something wrong with him I was ok with that. But then when he stated that an amp makes no difference and cannot change the sound signature he contradicts himself when he then states that an output impedance that’s too high will make a headphone sound muddy. That’s changing a sound signature. Maybe his laptop output is a bad match for the DMG. The way he negatively reacts to the sound is like when you hook up a low Z can to a high Z output tube amp. Wow he really loses it at the end. I Stopped watching his videos after that one.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2019 at 4:41 PM Post #4,196 of 5,353
When he repeatedly stated he was incapable of judging the DMG I gave him a pass. When he repeatedly stated that maybe there was something wrong with him I was ok with that. But then when he stated that an amp makes no difference and cannot change the sound signature. He even states that an output impedance that’s too high will make a headphone muddy. Maybe his laptop output is a bad match for the DMG. The way he negatively reacts to the sound is like when you hook up a low Z can to a high Z output tube amp. Wow he really loses it at the end. I Stopped watching his videos after that one.

I feel like this was posted by a competitor
When he repeatedly stated he was incapable of judging the DMG I gave him a pass. When he repeatedly stated that maybe there was something wrong with him I was ok with that. But then when he stated that an amp makes no difference and cannot change the sound signature. He even states that an output impedance that’s too high will make a headphone muddy. Maybe his laptop output is a bad match for the DMG. The way he negatively reacts to the sound is like when you hook up a low Z can to a high Z output tube amp. Wow he really loses it at the end. I Stopped watching his videos after that one.

I felt the video was more like a smear campaign by a competitor product? If not, boy it sure seemed like it could be. If not, I can imagine this would be exactly what it would look like if it was. It made little to no sense. He discredited himself, but at the same time criticizing the DMG and people who like it? Most contradicting video I've ever watched. LOL

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2019 at 5:00 PM Post #4,197 of 5,353
The DS1 Pro is now available on Penon and Linsoul. 1DD and 2BA, USD 51.90.

Cable and tips look useless, but if they managed to have the sound well tuned, it would be a good competitor to the Tin Hifi and Final entry levels E1000/E2000.

I will order one and report here later.

Have a nice weekend all of you

Jun 7, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #4,198 of 5,353
I Stopped watching his videos after that one.

Hearing is subjective, and personal and what works for one individual may not for another. But I don’t understand the anger. What does it matter what others say?
He has followership, describe what you hear, maybe share a sound demo and share your opinion. No need to freak out and slander others.

I enjoy my DM6, have never had any issue with them. And they continue to get playing time, even as I’ve found others whose tuning or imagery I prefer.

Jun 7, 2019 at 5:51 PM Post #4,199 of 5,353

Surprised this is new to some in this thread. This is still one of the most disgusting audio-related videos I've ever had the displeasure of viewing. I know he has a pretty dedicated following, but that video put me off of ever checking out any of his other content. The over-emotional, theatrical bs he was throwing around was too much for me to stomach. Say you don't like it, explain why, but don't act like your world is crumbling simply because you don't like an IEM that other people do. It's silly, childish, and adds nothing to the community.

Jun 7, 2019 at 6:18 PM Post #4,200 of 5,353
Surprised this is new to some in this thread. This is still one of the most disgusting audio-related videos I've ever had the displeasure of viewing. I know he has a pretty dedicated following, but that video put me off of ever checking out any of his other content. The over-emotional, theatrical bs he was throwing around was too much for me to stomach. Say you don't like it, explain why, but don't act like your world is crumbling simply because you don't like an IEM that other people do. It's silly, childish, and adds nothing to the community.

I unsubscribed from him s while back, he has no business reviewing audiophile gear. Anyone that evaluates with a laptop, is not to be taken seriously. He's a real dumbass!
Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

Back