BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Jun 4, 2019 at 11:17 AM Post #4,171 of 5,353
Got me some DM6 action. Woah boy! Awesomeness.

for its price, it is very awesome indeed, makes me appreciate it more when I use it after a few days when taking a break from using IEMs

Having the DM6 definitely takes the sting out of having to wait on my replacement DM7's. I'm running them from my Hiby R3 and loving them.

Jun 4, 2019 at 11:34 AM Post #4,173 of 5,353
what happened to your DM7? kind of curious what the differences are between the DM6 and DM7, besides its price lol

I had to return them for exchange because they had a noticeable channel imbalance. The left ear piece was quieter, no matter the source or cable. I switched L and R on all the cables and the left was still the quiet one. Also the MMCX socket was a little loose allowing cables to come out with a small tug. I was able to shift the balance left to even them out and get some head time before I sent them back. Here is something I posted in another thread about the DM7:

"...the DM7 is everything I love about the DM6 with the addition of more clear and forward mids. I especially like the higher mids for the female vocals. The bass seems ever so slightly deeper but tighter. I would say that if someone likes the DM6, they will love the DM7."

Jun 4, 2019 at 8:40 PM Post #4,175 of 5,353
Jun 5, 2019 at 9:31 AM Post #4,178 of 5,353
We got round to the DMS finally with a review from Nathan :)

https://headfonics.com/2019/06/bgvp-dms-review/

BGVP-DMS-18-Edit-750x400.jpg

Jun 5, 2019 at 4:57 PM Post #4,181 of 5,353
is it wiser to buy the dm7 over the now really cheap dm6?
Well, tough one... will depend on how different the sound signatures are, and what you prefer. The DM7 is likely to place a little less emphasis on the treble, but at least for me I would like to see what the rest of the sound is like... I prefer clarity - not necessarily brightness, but clarity, as well as extension at both ends of the frequency spectrum. I do not like the HD650 sound for example - too veiled and cut off. So the DM6 is generally quite nice sounding to me - except if the track has built in sibilance due to poor mastering.

Jun 6, 2019 at 12:47 PM Post #4,182 of 5,353
Anyone have a bad DM6? I was listening to mine the other day and everything sounded muffled. At this point I’m not sure if the treble BA drivers ever worked. All I know is one day last Dec they just started giving me a headache due to excessive midbass and a serious upper midrange spike. I put them away and didn’t touch them for 4 months. Now I listen to them again and I’m not hearing any brilliance on top. I was listening to a Marantz demo disc and the recording was of a vocal Jazz band and it sounded like the recording device was placed inside a basket with a towel covering it. Using a pair of KZ. ZS10 PRO and that same recording has a lot of high frequency information. It’s like you’re in the room.

I bought them from Linsoul through Amazon. I’ve heard so many horror stories about people sending in their DM6 for warranty and BGVP saying there was nothing wrong with them.

I would sell them but I don’t want to sell them to anyone if they actually ARE defective. Ive had good experiences dealing with Linsoul CS for things like replacement cable but this is different. I have to pay to ship them and they could easily tell me there’s nothing wrong with them which I seriously doubt. If what I’m hearing are the same iems that everyone’s raving over........well get your ears checked.

What’s the best course of action to make this ordeal as expedient and painless as possible?

Jun 6, 2019 at 1:15 PM Post #4,183 of 5,353
Anyone have a bad DM6? I was listening to mine the other day and everything sounded muffled. At this point I’m not sure if the treble BA drivers ever worked. All I know is one day last Dec they just started giving me a headache due to excessive midbass and a serious upper midrange spike. I put them away and didn’t touch them for 4 months. Now I listen to them again and I’m not hearing any brilliance on top. I was listening to a Marantz demo disc and the recording was of a vocal Jazz band and it sounded like the recording device was placed inside a basket with a towel covering it. Using a pair of KZ. ZS10 PRO and that same recording has a lot of high frequency information. It’s like you’re in the room.

I bought them from Linsoul through Amazon. I’ve heard so many horror stories about people sending in their DM6 for warranty and BGVP saying there was nothing wrong with them.

I would sell them but I don’t want to sell them to anyone if they actually ARE defective. Ive had good experiences dealing with Linsoul CS for things like replacement cable but this is different. I have to pay to ship them and they could easily tell me there’s nothing wrong with them which I seriously doubt. If what I’m hearing are the same iems that everyone’s raving over........well get your ears checked.

What’s the best course of action to make this ordeal as expedient and painless as possible?
Linsoul is better than bgvp
I sended mine too bgvp directly and they are bad as ***** the left connectore is loose and they do strange sounds i send them back and they say hey whats your problem they are good. They are now on the way back too me i thinkni have too dispute on ali express wheen they come back

But like i said never heard that linsoul says to a broken set they are good

The dm7 has the same problems as dm6 always problems whit left one

.... if you dont want too play russian roullete dont buy dm6 or 7

Jun 6, 2019 at 1:36 PM Post #4,184 of 5,353
I was strongly considering the DM7 but the amount of problems being experienced is making me lean towards some extra saving and getting the FH7 or a Fearless S8F.

Jun 6, 2019 at 4:19 PM Post #4,185 of 5,353

The DM6s definitely have their own fair share of issues and shortcomings, many of which have been laid out in this thread, but nothing like what you have described. It definitely seems like something might be wrong with the set, so my best suggestion would be to contact Linsoul, explain the situation, and see what they would be willing to do. Worst they can say is it's out of their hands. If so, it might not hurt to get in contact with someone in your territory who has a set and see if you can send them your pair to compare. That way you'll know if the set is defective or if you're just having a violently negative reaction to the tuning, in which case you could sell them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back