BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Apr 24, 2019 at 1:52 PM Post #3,721 of 5,353
Found some more updates from BGVP Thailand. inc. release dates. RRP converts to around $400 which is going to be out of my hobby budget ;(

@Redcarmoose You could have the DM7 in your hands very soon.

Damn they doubled the price so i dont have the worry thats beyond what i want to spend on an iem
.......... for now

Apr 24, 2019 at 1:55 PM Post #3,722 of 5,353
Good news. Some more info translated from above:
- they will come with premium tips comparable to spinfits
- can be preordered now until april 29th and save $30
- it will be released on May 7th

I should be able to go and demo it on release date. At this price point, would be very interesting how they compare to the fearless s6

Edit: gathered some more details from their facebook page
- demo unit will be available on 29-30 April
- improvement from DM6 > better drivers, 4-way crossover, knowles damping, upgraded cable
- Sonion 33AJ007i/9 used for low frequencies

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2019 at 1:57 PM Post #3,723 of 5,353
Wwwwwaiiiit a minute
These IEM give you big balls down there.
20190424_195652.jpg

Daaaamn how they do dat

Apr 24, 2019 at 1:59 PM Post #3,724 of 5,353
Good news. Some more info translated from above:
- they will come with premium tips comparable to spinfits
- can be preordered now until april 29th and save $30
- it will be released on May 7th

I should be able to go and demo it on release date. At this price point, would be very interesting how they compare to the fearless s6
Spinfit 145 on dm6 was an unbelivable good improvment

Apr 24, 2019 at 3:37 PM Post #3,726 of 5,353
$400? i don't think it would be twice as better as the DM6

i'm just saying that so i won't be tempted to buy it haha
Unfortunately, at some point price and benefit are not 1:1 correlated... A $100 IEM might conceivably be 10x better than a $10 IEM, but a $1000 IEM is unlikely to be 10x better than a $100 IEM...

Apr 24, 2019 at 6:27 PM Post #3,727 of 5,353
Screenshot_20190425-000614_Facebook.jpg

There is a 12 ba too

Apr 25, 2019 at 5:50 AM Post #3,728 of 5,353
Unfortunately, at some point price and benefit are not 1:1 correlated... A $100 IEM might conceivably be 10x better than a $10 IEM, but a $1000 IEM is unlikely to be 10x better than a $100 IEM...

Absolutely and why the DM6 is a steal for budget conscious persons.

Apr 25, 2019 at 5:56 AM Post #3,729 of 5,353
$400? i don't think it would be twice as better as the DM6

i'm just saying that so i won't be tempted to buy it haha

I'm actually happy with that price tag :D So i won't be tempted to upgrade and DM6 still hold its value.

Apr 25, 2019 at 6:29 AM Post #3,730 of 5,353
THESE have the exact same shape and size of the Symbio W Peel tips and have the added benefit of coming from Amazon so you won't have a long wait on the Symbios. Give a great comfortable seal.
Just got them yesterday, seem better than the stock silicon tips, but still not a great seal, thanks!

I am using spiral dots MS size right now. Considerable sound and comfort improvement from stock tips. I also tried Symbio W but it always get stuck in my ear canal when removing the iem.
Ordered, on the way for delivery tomorrow, thanks for the suggestion!

Seems like the nozzle is a little too short on these to fit in my ear far enough, might need to try a double flange tip? Sound reasonable?? I never used or tried them before on any IEM.

Apr 25, 2019 at 9:43 AM Post #3,733 of 5,353
I'm actually happy with that price tag :D So i won't be tempted to upgrade and DM6 still hold its value.
That’s the thing $200 extra gets a person 10% improvement.....at best. Still that’s only if you like the new signature. Adding a driver many times is not a benefit. But who knows if BGVP knows what they are doing it could be another giant killer. I’m actually glad the DM7 seems to follow the DM6 template. Which may mean they didn’t mess with stuff too much. They are continuing to use simply a BA set up which they are good at. Nothing really different except maybe a refinement of sorts; maybe? Hopefully the DM7 keeps the same size and shape. Many of us wonder if the original was a question of blind luck being it was a classic, redefined value and was a different animal from the BGVPs before it.

I always though the original was at the apex of price to performance ratio.

How could it not, if you agree with the signature?

The DM6 has a unique character, which in a way you would not want to mess with. Though it would be cool to have lightning strike twice in this scenario!!

The original DM6 is the best $199 I’ve ever spent in my audiophile history; I will always think that.....maybe?

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2019 at 9:45 AM Post #3,735 of 5,353
That’s the thing $200 extra gets a person 10% improvement.....at best. Still that’s only if you like the new signature. Adding a driver many times is not a benefit. But who knows if BGVP knows what they are doing it could be another giant killer. I’m actually glad the DM7 seems to follow the DM6 template. Which may mean they didn’t mess with stuff too much. They are continuing to use simply a BA set up which they are good at. Nothing really different except maybe a refinement of sorts; maybe? Hopefully the DM7 keeps the same size and shape. Many of us wonder if the original was a question of blind luck being it was a classic, redefined value and was a different animal from the BGVPs before it.

I always though the original was at the apex of price to performance ratio.

How could it not, if you agree with the signature?

The DM6 has a unique character, which in a way you would not want to mess with. Though it wouldn’t be cool to have lightning strike twice in this scenario!!
they use completely different drivers for the DM7, is not just adding one more driver

Users who are viewing this thread

Back