BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Mar 31, 2019 at 1:51 PM Post #3,316 of 5,353
Cable type definitely has an affect on the sound signature for me, both with IEM's and with all other headphones that I have. The source quality of the music will also have an effect, but more with the amount of information delivered to the output, (headphones).

I have tried the DM6 with different cables that I have, the stock SE cable supplied I find is very good in my sample, but not as good as the 8 cores **** silver plated 2.5mm silver plated balanced cable £45 on Amazon UK, this cable produces an even more smoother signature both with the DM6 and the Fiio FH1's that I have; the Fiio LC 2.5B balanced cable £35 on Amazon UK, produces far more treble and a leaner sound with less bass with both the DM6 and the FH1. In both cases the balanced cables produce more soundstage and separation to my ears.

I have just got the Hiby R6 and the DM6 sound even better, really showing what a higher quality source can do with these IEM's. This has further endorsed the fact that it is important to get everything matched up to the sound signature that you like, I prefer a slightly warmer sound in general and the Hiby R6 provides this, so will also use the **** cable, but if I wanted a cleaner and more analytical sound I would use the Fiio LC 2.5B cable; I've done it and it works for me with all my sources.

Which cable is better ??? To me neither, they just sound different.

I feel that I have now got to the point of massively diminishing returns of investment, I would have to now spend thousands to get very little gain, so it's time to just enjoy the music.
Did you tried pure copper ?

Mar 31, 2019 at 6:55 PM Post #3,317 of 5,353
Have to say I agree with @Hawaiibadboy , I notice no real difference between cables. These have been my most recent 2, and although I prefer the look of the colour, with the DM6's, of the ISN cable (1), I prefer the LZ copper cable (2) aesthetically.
(1)
20190317_143905-01.jpeg

(2)
20190323_170836.jpg

Also, thought I'd give some ML Spiral Dots I had lying around a go. And i think I prefer them to the Symbios. The most surprising aspect was that the bass has more depth and weight to it, most noticeably in the sub-bass reason. This has intrigued me, especially as I noticed an increase in bass going from the W to the N Symbios on both my FH5's and DM6's...But I'm no scientist, physicist or even audiophile, I'm just a music lover plain and simple:)
20190331_152725-01.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2019 at 10:40 PM Post #3,320 of 5,353
I just spent about 8 hours with the DM6. Did a 4 hour winter run, then 2 hours of bowling and a couple more hours at home relaxing. My running mix was metal such as Brutal Truth, Metallica, Anthrax, Testament, SOD, etc. Metal is the DM6's strong point I think. I have other audio things and the DM6 destroys everything else I own for metal. It's actually making me enjoy older 80s stuff way more. For bowling I did some eletronica, Disclosure, Feed Me, and others. Big bass electronica with vocals is also amaaaazing on the DM6. For home listening I did some Reggae, which honestly I prefer on my Moondrop KPEs. The reggae stuff I have is from the 70s, and 80s and the albums are mastered like crap. Weird chanel imbalances, vinyl to digital rips, noise and hiss, etc. The Dm6 is just too analytical for this kind of stuff. Still, higher quality albums like Bob Marley Legend are spectacular. I also really love Burning Spear and Third World. All have great production.

All in all, spectacular listening.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2019 at 3:22 AM Post #3,321 of 5,353
Did you tried pure copper ?
No, I have not tried pure copper alone, I honestly do not think that there would be much difference between pure copper alone and pure copper that's silver plated. The fact that I get the sound that I like is the important issue.

Apr 1, 2019 at 6:20 AM Post #3,322 of 5,353
This cable can be had for ~$69 before coupon if you look carefully. Bought one for my CTM customs

Looking at these two right now (sorry about the formatting... iPad copy and paste issue, coupled with user error/incompetence!

NICEHCK High Quality 8 Core Single Crystal Copper Silver Plated Cable;
Price:US $161.25 - 165 / piece
Sale Price:
US $69.34 - 70.95 /piece

Did either of you guys order cable #130 ?

I decided to leave it for now as I’m really enjoying the sound as things are. Also I really love the antique copper colour of the BGVP OCC I bought recently. I think I prefer it to the Gold/Yellow blend of #130.

I look forward to your impressions with DM6 if you have ordered them. There is always 11/11 coming.

Apr 1, 2019 at 6:33 AM Post #3,323 of 5,353
thought I'd give some ML Spiral Dots I had lying around a go. And i think I prefer them to the Symbios. The most surprising aspect was that the bass has more depth and weight to it, most noticeably in the sub-bass reason. This has intrigued me, especially as I noticed an increase in bass going from the W to the N Symbios on both my FH5's and DM6's...But I'm no scientist, physicist or even audiophile, I'm just a music lover plain and simple:)

I also found using wide bore tips like the Philips really increased the sub bass and made
It more visceral. But as my DM6 settled and it’s sibilance dimished I tip rolled again and discovered that although the wide bore tips increased the sub bass, they also increased the Midd bass and reduced the very highs.
Going back to narrower tips such as Symbio or Spinfits tightened the mid and sub bass slightly giving a slightly clearer and airy sound.
Now I swap between Symbios and Spinfits.

Don’t you find going to the wide bore Spiral Dots negatively increases the mid bass along with the sub bass ?

I have these tips also and will give them another shot tonight. I guess such tips could be great for Reggae listening sessions.

*TIP*

I also found out that depending of how far you slide the tips down the nozzle of the DM6 it changes the amount of bass. Eg pushing down the tip so that it is almost flush with nozzle end reduces bass and the opposite occurs the more the tip protrudes above the nozzle.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2019 at 7:33 AM Post #3,326 of 5,353
upcoming DM7..

Interesting:

Four-way + four-catheter sounding program
Integrated professional electronic four-way + 4-channel catheter sounding program,
Let the six-element array moving irons connect to each other to present a three-band balanced sound.
High frequency and beautiful air
The low frequency is just right, the elasticity is good, and the sense of hearing and quality are taken into account.
The image is clear and the positioning is accurate.
Bring you a sense of hearing
Lou's high frequency composite moving iron
SWFK-31376
娄中中高动铁
ED-29689
Acoustic IF low frequency composite moving iron
33AP007
Low frequency moving iron
CI-22955
Exquisitely processed four-way crossover technology
The DN47 uses an industry-standard four-way design with four acoustic ducts.
Pronunciation, equipped with three Lou's acoustic damping and a patented acoustic damping
The distribution of ultra-high, high, medium and low frequency bands, the overall curve is smooth and smooth
Smooth, popular tuning, while taking care of the size, the sound field is just right, sweet
The beautiful vocals are not too tired to wear for a long time.
6" @ BGV P electroacoustic
Four-way + four-catheter sounding program
Integrated professional electronic four-way + 4-channel catheter sounding program,
Let the six-element array moving irons connect to each other to present a three-band balanced sound.
High frequency and beautiful air
The low frequency is just right, the elasticity is good, and the sense of hearing and quality are taken into account.
The image is clear and the positioning is accurate.
Bring you a sense of hearing
Lou's high frequency composite moving iron
SWFK-31376
娄中中高动铁
ED-29689
Acoustic IF low frequency composite moving iron
33AP007
Low frequency moving iron
CI-22955
Exquisitely processed four-way crossover technology
The DN47 uses an industry-standard four-way design with four acoustic ducts.
Pronunciation, equipped with three Lou's acoustic damping and a patented acoustic damping
The distribution of ultra-high, high, medium and low frequency bands, the overall curve is smooth and smooth
Smooth, popular tuning, while taking care of the size, the sound field is just right, sweet
The beautiful vocals are not too tired to wear for a long time.
6" @ BGV P electroacoustic

Apr 1, 2019 at 9:37 AM Post #3,328 of 5,353
I also found using wide bore tips like the Philips really increased the sub bass and made
It more visceral. But as my DM6 settled and it’s sibilance dimished I tip rolled again and discovered that although the wide bore tips increased the sub bass, they also increased the Midd bass and reduced the very highs.
Going back to narrower tips such as Symbio or Spinfits tightened the mid and sub bass slightly giving a slightly clearer and airy sound.
Now I swap between Symbios and Spinfits.

Don’t you find going to the wide bore Spiral Dots negatively increases the mid bass along with the sub bass ?

I have these tips also and will give them another shot tonight. I guess such tips could be great for Reggae listening sessions.

*TIP*

I also found out that depending of how far you slide the tips down the nozzle of the DM6 it changes the amount of bass. Eg pushing down the tip so that it is almost flush with nozzle end reduces bass and the opposite occurs the more the tip protrudes above the nozzle.

Ι have to be honest I don't think there's any such thing as IEM's "settling in" or "burning in" . It's just doesn't make any scientific sense to me. The same with cables. I believe its psycho-acoustic.
As for the tips, I generally don't find any real mid bass lift. I'm going through an EDM phase atm (Deadmau5, The Glitch Mob, Wolfgang Gartner, etc) , so good sub bass is important and really suits this genre of music. If I go back to listening to more vocal or guitar based music, then I may find I need to change back. But for now, they suit.

Apr 1, 2019 at 10:08 AM Post #3,329 of 5,353
Apr 1, 2019 at 10:22 AM Post #3,330 of 5,353
Ι have to be honest I don't think there's any such thing as IEM's "settling in" or "burning in" . It's just doesn't make any scientific sense to me. The same with cables. I believe its psycho-acoustic.
As for the tips, I generally don't find any real mid bass lift. I'm going through an EDM phase atm (Deadmau5, The Glitch Mob, Wolfgang Gartner, etc) , so good sub bass is important and really suits this genre of music. If I go back to listening to more vocal or guitar based music, then I may find I need to change back. But for now, they suit.

In that case, I guess it is a good thing you aren't a scientist. Break in does occur, but whether or not it is audible is up in the air for research.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back