BeyerDynamic owners unite...
Oct 31, 2009 at 11:58 PM Post #1,051 of 1,864
Quote:

Originally Posted by melomaniac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the Jmoney pads are a rip-off IMO, but I did order a second DT880 finally, new 600 ohm

Good man! Welcome to the small and tbh, underrated club of the Beyerdynamic DT880/600 club! Easily the best of all the DT880's (and thus the best Beyerdynamic headphones minus the upcoming T1) tbh.

Remember to post your impressions here in this thread and here:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/bey...thread-429371/

dt880smile.png

Oct 31, 2009 at 11:59 PM Post #1,052 of 1,864
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fakeyfakerson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I don't have an amp and a budget of around $250 usd give or take, would the DT770 80 ohm be the best way to go?

tbh, all the decent Beyerdynamics need to be amped so if you want unamped, I wouldn't go with a Beyerdynamic tbh.

Nov 1, 2009 at 2:06 AM Post #1,053 of 1,864
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
tbh, all the decent Beyerdynamics need to be amped so if you want unamped, I wouldn't go with a Beyerdynamic tbh.

Really? I've heard they'll be just fine without an amp, the 80 ohm version at least. I've also read that the xonar XD, which I'm getting and which has a dedicated power cable from a floppy cable, should deliver slightly more power than most cards. But I've heard a lot of recommendations for the dt 770 even without an amp.

Nov 1, 2009 at 5:43 AM Post #1,054 of 1,864
In my experience the DT770 pro80 improve with an amp, but for me it is not necessary. I should add that I am quite a low volume listener and I seldom do critical listening on the go which is when I use them without an amp. They won't sound bad without an amp, but they won't sound their best, and there may be better options out there for you to try unamped.

Nov 1, 2009 at 11:33 AM Post #1,055 of 1,864
Quote:

Really? I've heard they'll be just fine without an amp, the 80 ohm version at least. I've also read that the xonar XD, which I'm getting and which has a dedicated power cable from a floppy cable, should deliver slightly more power than most cards. But I've heard a lot of recommendations for the dt 770 even without an amp.

I'm more saying that there are better quality headphones within the DT770/80 price range e.g. the Shure SRH840. Also many people complain about the DT770/80 being overly bassy.

Nov 1, 2009 at 10:28 PM Post #1,056 of 1,864
Quote:

I'm more saying that there are better quality headphones within the DT770/80 price range e.g. the Shure SRH840. Also many people complain about the DT770/80 being overly bassy.

I don't know, I've heard nothing but praise for the dt770's, gotten great reviews and everything. I don't mind if they're a little heavy on the bass, coming from sennheisers it'll be a nice change
tongue.gif

Nov 4, 2009 at 8:37 AM Post #1,058 of 1,864
Quote:

I agree The bass on DT770/80 is over emphazied a bit too much and the midrange is pretty lacking . Ive got them and they sound muddy.

Quote:

I don't know, I've heard nothing but praise for the dt770's, gotten great reviews and everything. I don't mind if they're a little heavy on the bass, coming from sennheisers it'll be a nice change
tongue.gif

Bass isnt just heavy its too prominent.

Nov 7, 2009 at 1:56 AM Post #1,059 of 1,864
Quote:

Originally Posted by yossi126 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys,
My leather headband is pretty worn out and sticky and I have no idea how to replace it (I have the 2005 consumer). Please instruct my way.

Go to the Beyer web site and click on service. Get the phone no. for replacement parts in New York and call them. I did today and they have a replacement headband assembly for my 18 year old DT 911's ($41 US) Good luck.

Nov 7, 2009 at 2:16 AM Post #1,060 of 1,864
Quote:

Originally Posted by hjf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Go to the Beyer web site and click on service. Get the phone no. for replacement parts in New York and call them. I did today and they have a replacement headband assembly for my 18 year old DT 911's ($41 US) Good luck.

Speaking of DT911s, today I'm supposed to receive a set recently purchased. I can't wait to hear them!
dt880smile.png
I wonder how they'll compare with my DT931s...

My beyer collection is almost complete
biggrin.gif

Nov 7, 2009 at 4:23 AM Post #1,061 of 1,864
Quote:

Originally Posted by Donald North /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My beyer collection is almost complete
biggrin.gif

So which are your favorites with your SET amp?

Nov 7, 2009 at 6:30 AM Post #1,062 of 1,864
Quote:

Originally Posted by TimJo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So which are your favorites with your SET amp?

I received the DT911 tonight. They are damn good, giving my DT931 a run for the money. They're a bit warmer sounding than the DT931, which has more upper midrange presence and overall openness. The DT911 is a little stronger/heavier in the deep bass. Both are better than the DT880/250.

DT911incase.JPG

Why the DT911 and DT931 are not collectable is beyond me. To me, they are much better than the Qualia, L3000, HP1. I'd love to compare them side-by-side with the HD800.

Next, I want to hear the T1!

Nov 7, 2009 at 7:13 AM Post #1,064 of 1,864
I paid $185 + shipping. Worth every penny I paid and a lot more!
dt880smile.png

Nov 7, 2009 at 7:17 AM Post #1,065 of 1,864
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Radar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've found that the DT770's sound much more balanced when you wear them forward and below center (over your ears) and with the headband about 5 or 10 degrees forward of center.

I agree that the sound is a little different depending on the position. My 770-250 arrived 2 days ago and all this time I hadn't paid attention to that, I was simply putting them on. Then just a moment ago I moved them a little to scratch my ears and I noticed like if there was more treble, so I tried pushing them forward and it made quite a difference. I believe this is due to the holes being very big (just taking a guess)), my old headphones just had normal holes and it didn't matter the position that much. Maybe I'll try to put some other pads inside and see what it does, becase it feels a little weird on the comfort if I push them too much forward.

By the way, could you please recommend me a desktop amp or amp/dac for the DT770-250omh (old version)? I read that tube amps are better in this ocassion...? I don't mind if it's DIY as long as it sells online. I wouldn't like to go beyond 120$ or around 100 euro. I have an X-fi Music currently as I play games a lot. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back