Looks great btw.

Thanks! I love showing them off every chance I get 
beerchug.gif

Apr 15, 2014 at 2:27 PM Post #1,667 of 1,864
I currently have several pairs of Beyerdynamics:

DT880 250 Ohm
                           T70     250 Ohm
                            Custom One Pros

My favorites now are the DT 880s. The T70s are nice when you want total isolation from the outside world. The Custom One Pros are great to listen to while using an iPod or iPad. I really like the sound from them and the adjustable bass port.

Greg

Apr 15, 2014 at 2:42 PM Post #1,668 of 1,864
I currently have several pairs of Beyerdynamics:

DT880 250 Ohm
                           T70     250 Ohm
                            Custom One Pros

My favorites now are the DT 880s. The T70s are nice when you want total isolation from the outside world. The Custom One Pros are great to listen to while using an iPod or iPad. I really like the sound from them and the adjustable bass port.

Greg
Nice collection. I've always wanted to listen to a pair of COPs and T70s but my wallet (and wife) is telling me no. :wink:

Apr 30, 2014 at 1:47 PM Post #1,670 of 1,864
My dtx-910 has become my primary portable(tho the cable is ridiculously thick lol)

The 990pro has taken prime spot pretty much the others are collecting dust. Now just waiting for my T90 to arrive.

Apr 30, 2014 at 4:58 PM Post #1,672 of 1,864
Just a heads-up for anybody in or around the Nashville area interested in hearing a few Beyer cans: the Music City Meet 2014 is going to be held on May 10th (details in the thread here), at at the present it looks like we'll have the following Beyerdynamic headphones there: 

Beyerdynamic DT1350
Beyerdynamic DT880 - 250 ohm
Beyerdynamic DT990
Beyerdynamic T5p (DoubleHelix modded to balanced operation)

If you're interested in hearing any of these babies (or have something else you can share-- our T1 guy wasn't able to come!!) and want to swing by, we'd love to see you!! 
beerchug.gif

Apr 30, 2014 at 7:24 PM Post #1,673 of 1,864
Hey there!

I own the DT770 pros 80 ohm and the DT880 2005 premium edition 250 ohms, and heared the DT990, dont really like them over the DT770 so I dont own them, but I love my Beyers :D!!

Will post photos soon.

May 3, 2014 at 5:19 PM Post #1,675 of 1,864
Wow!! Plakat, you win the thread... My one Beyer headphone and I are gonna go sulk and console each other in the corner 
tongue.gif

May 3, 2014 at 6:32 PM Post #1,676 of 1,864
Okay, count me in.

Bought a pair of DT440s a couple of months ago, used from Amazon, and they were horrible.  Packaged them back up about 10 minutes after I opened them and sent them back to Amazon.

Then, I decided to give Beyer another chance so I picked up a pair of brand new DT 770s.  Ahhhh yes, hit the bulls-eye on these babies.  DT 770s are currently my favorite headphones. Love them!!  So much so, I went shopping for a pair of DT 990s and found a used pair on Amazon for $170 shipped.  Listening to them now.  Not as warm and bassy as the DT 770s but the DT 990s have a very pleasant SQ.

Think I may also pick up a pair of DT 880s.  Shopping around now.  Will probably place an order for a pair this weekend.

May 4, 2014 at 4:32 AM Post #1,677 of 1,864
  Wow!! Plakat, you win the thread... My one Beyer headphone and I are gonna go sulk and console each other in the corner 
tongue.gif

No need to :wink:

Funny thing is I ignored Beyerdynamic for many years, perceiving them as all having aggressive treble. The first to win me over was the DT1350, soon to be followed by others. Over time I accepted that while I'm no fan of shrill or sibilant treble I can enjoy good resolution very much (and actually can't stand headphones that subdue treble or are too laid back).
Plus I recognized I'm not a basshead as I've long believed :wink: I think I've fulfilled all my needs in that regard maintaining PA-systems (working part-time as a sound engineer) and should I crave for bass: there are several stacks of 18" driven bass bins waiting for me in my inventory. I don't need that in a headphone :wink:
Having said that I think, EDM wins with good audio systems, i.e. be it headphone or PA, it should be balanced to be fun in the long run. Everything else is just an effect that easily wears off. Thats why I keep coming back to the T1 I guess...

May 4, 2014 at 9:27 AM Post #1,678 of 1,864
Hi fellow Beyerland adventurer, at last I've got myself a pair of Beyerdynamic cans (T1) and ready to join the club. I've been wanting to get myself a pair, listened to several Beyers before and I don't remember disliking a single set of them.

May 16, 2014 at 7:04 AM Post #1,680 of 1,864
I suppose I must be a bit of a Beyer fan, currently have three; DT231 Galactic, DT440 Edition and DT990 pro.

The 231s were my first 'proper' phones, bought nearly 15 years ago and still going strong, replaced the pads after 10 years or so

I have just bought another pair of new DT440s (at a great price) after regretting selling my originals last year.I find the new black edition a lot more comfortable than the original silver ones (the reason I sold them)

The pads are deeper (even than the 990) and made of a different nylon material which is a lot less itchy. Also the headband is apparently more robust, just a shame they replaced the lovely metal grills with plastic.

These are now pretty perfect headphones.. I'd say they have at least 90% of the fidelity and resolutin of the DT990 but little more relaxing at times, ie less bright, a little more laid back. They have a very 'airy' open sound with fantastic separation and placement of instruments, letting you just enjoy the music itself, which seems to envelop you, almost speaker like. You forget you're wearing them after a while

They are easy to drive, listening to them direct from an ipod classic (ALAC) and on shuffle I know any piece of music will sound very good to great regardless of genre. Also fold up so great for taking away on holidays etc.

The DT440 is a great all rounder and massively under-appreciated . If I had to have only one headphone then it would be have to be my HD25s (sorry !) but if allowed two then the second would be the 440s.

DT150s next !

Sorry if I've gone on a bit but I urge anyone to try them if you get the chance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back