BeyerDynamic owners unite...
May 19, 2014 at 4:50 PM Post #1,696 of 1,864
I think the T1 has a very satisfying bass (and quite a bit more than the T5p). Its far from the TH900 obviously, but nevertheless I use it more often even for my main listening genre (electronica) as overall its just easier to listen to, not kicking too hard as the Fostex sometimes does. Which is a lot of fun, sometimes.

May 19, 2014 at 5:28 PM Post #1,699 of 1,864
Thanks! I'll enjoy it while it lasts. The girly is already giving me a hard time for buying it, so we'll see. Maybe I'll just take the house key off her key ring when she goes to class one of these days.. Ha just kidding. 

May 19, 2014 at 8:30 PM Post #1,700 of 1,864
Thanks! I'll enjoy it while it lasts. The girly is already giving me a hard time for buying it, so we'll see. Maybe I'll just take the house key off her key ring when she goes to class one of these days.. Ha just kidding. 

Your opinion on the bass?

May 20, 2014 at 2:08 AM Post #1,701 of 1,864
Your opinion on the bass?

It's like there's a separate speaker just for bass. The placement is so far away from the other sounds in the spectrum that it doesn't seem possible that it is the same driver producing it. It isn't overpowering, but it is very accurate and DEEP. The response is awesome. If you like the DT990's bass you will love the T1's bass.

May 20, 2014 at 9:16 AM Post #1,702 of 1,864
"Just ordered a T51i from eBay... " Theogenes - Hope you get lots of enjoyment from the T51. I'm at the office listening to mine as I type. Let us know your impressions/comparisons re: the T5P when you get them back.

Thanks Ben!! I have a sneaking suspicion that I'm gonna love 'em :wink:. I'll happily let you know about the comparison with the T5p, but I have no idea when I'll get it back... It's been two months, and based on the last email I sent to ask about it, it sounds like the guy working on them hasn't even touched it yet. Getting a bit frustrated... Sigh.

Also, man, if you get your other endeavor up and running, DEFINITELY let us know ASAP!! I would MUCH rather do business with somebody I know instead of somebody random on eBay... Heck, I'd even drive down there to pick 'em up!! :wink:

May 20, 2014 at 11:35 PM Post #1,705 of 1,864
  I got mine in the mail today. Amazing.

In reality, this is mostly meaningless, but I love the cutout of the "T1" in that part of the headband. Makes the molded "DT770" on the side of mine look very pedestrian.

May 21, 2014 at 1:16 AM Post #1,708 of 1,864
I own beyerdynamic DT 660s. When I got them, they had high clamping force, and they also had very bright highs. After some burn in and headband use the clamping force is really perfect, and the highs are hardly shrill at all. (After a long listening session you may start to get annoyed by the highs.) Regardless, they are still very balanced headphones in my opinion. I have not owned higher end headphones than the ones I am wearing now; these are really the first good phones I have. I am very pleased with them though. The only thing I don't feel good about is the build. The plastic hinges on the earcups show no sign of failure, and they probably won't fail any time soon. However, they do feel flimsy. Maybe I just like them so much I am worried they will break? xD The build of these also does not compare to that of higher end beyerdynamics, but they do only cost ~$130. Overall, I love these cans. My music sounds so clear and deep.

May 21, 2014 at 1:21 AM Post #1,709 of 1,864

Funny thing is I ignored Beyerdynamic for many years, perceiving them as all having aggressive treble. The first to win me over was the DT1350, soon to be followed by others. Over time I accepted that while I'm no fan of shrill or sibilant treble I can enjoy good resolution very much (and actually can't stand headphones that subdue treble or are too laid back).

Can you tell me more about the DT 1350s? Comfort? Sound? I am new to high end headphones and thinking about trying them. (Did you review them?)

May 21, 2014 at 1:55 AM Post #1,710 of 1,864

Users who are viewing this thread

Back