Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant!
Nov 21, 2014 at 1:45 PM Post #676 of 2,575
Depends on what you are used to...
After comfort of sennheiser hd800, or beyerdynamic t5p, dt150 feels uncomfortable. Dt150 is probably more comfortable than a motorcycle helmet )

Nov 21, 2014 at 2:13 PM Post #678 of 2,575
... Not if your listening sessions are 5-7 hours long.

Nov 21, 2014 at 6:14 PM Post #681 of 2,575
In cold cold Sweden ears get hot in pleather pads of dt150.

Nov 21, 2014 at 7:28 PM Post #682 of 2,575
I'd like to make a cable for my set but I'm having a hard time finding that connector on the North American Beyerdynamic site.

Anyone have a link they could provide me?

Nov 21, 2014 at 9:21 PM Post #683 of 2,575
go buy the dt100 velors...it is air ventilated technology from 1960s...or 70s :p
i bathe with the headfone..sleep with the headfone...eat with the headfone, 
havnt taken it off for months...

Nov 21, 2014 at 10:17 PM Post #684 of 2,575
I'd like to make a cable for my set but I'm having a hard time finding that connector on the North American Beyerdynamic site.

Anyone have a link they could provide me?

There are two options to get a new connector:

1. Go to ebay and buy a complete cable then cut the connector from it and resolder to anything you want. That's what I did first. The cost is pretty steep though so beware.
2. Go to http://www.canford.co.uk/Products/54-859_BEYERDYNAMIC-SPARE-6-PIN-SOCKET-For-DT-100-DT-108-109-headset-6-wires and order the connector separately. It's not cheap either but a little cheaper than a whole cable. Actually you can order all parts for DT150 from this site. Disclaimer: I haven't used their services yet, so I can't say anything good or bad about this store.

Nov 22, 2014 at 5:08 AM Post #686 of 2,575
go buy the dt100 velors...it is air ventilated technology from 1960s...or 70s :p
i bathe with the headfone..sleep with the headfone...eat with the headfone, 
havnt taken it off for months...

löl

Nov 22, 2014 at 5:31 PM Post #687 of 2,575
Has anyone tryed dt150 outside on the street, on a buss or a subway? How's isolation ?

Nov 22, 2014 at 10:53 PM Post #688 of 2,575
Cööl, welcome to the world of cheap uncomfortable pads and geat and mure musicality of this headphone )
Looks of this headphone is a girls magnet, when I walk in park with dt150 on me,all the girls who jogging checking me out, even turning around once they pass me by . It's because this headphones are so good looking!:cool:

This hunkyswede heard a few whistles from gals..n aunts:D

Nov 25, 2014 at 2:53 PM Post #689 of 2,575
hello, I have recently buy DT150. my first impressions in compared to my K612 are:
 positive:
more clarity in the midrange and separation instrument ... *
 a little more resolution
 more impact in the bass ... **
 the highs are a little more pronounced, but not annoying
negative:
 * ... The clarity is due to the type of headphones closed (black background)? the akg are very open and if you listen to at night completely silent have a greater recovery of detail IMO.. also having greater clarity, the DT150 does not have the musicality of akg IMO. the middle, even if they are a little more dark and maybe more neutral (K612 have middle-high a little pronounced), is a little cold, not warm and musical
 like akg.

.. ** The bass quality is better on K612 and there arent big difference in impact IMO.
 comfort is good .. but not like the akg .. also the material they are made pads have caused me itching and reddening (but I think this is my problem).

now the questions are: who owns both headphones can confirm my views?
 I have to sell one of them to replace it with a "bass heavy headphones" .. (the forum is said that this is very "fun", but I did not find large differences from my "flat" akg ..)
 I currently have a hifiman ef2a as amp / dac .. the K612 seems to change a lot depending on the dac. which however in my experience it does not make the DT150(not so much as the K612).
There is someone who has both headphones and a dac updated?

Nov 25, 2014 at 3:01 PM Post #690 of 2,575
  hello, I have recently DT150. my first impressions in compared to my K612 are:
positive:
more clarity in the midrange and separation instrument ... *
a little more resolution
more impact in the bass ... **
the highs are a little more pronounced, but not annoying
negative:
* ... The clarity is due to the type of headphones closed (black background)? the akg are very open and if you listen to at night completely silent have a greater recovery of detail IMO..anche having greater clarity, the DT150 does not have the musicality of akg IMO. the middle, even if they are a little more dark and maybe more neutral (K612 have middle-high a little pronounced), is a little cold, not warm and musical
of akg.

.. ** The bass quality is better on K612 and the difference is not much impact.

comfort is good .. but not like the akg .. also the material they are made pavilions me causes itching and reddening (but I think this is my problem).

now the questions are: who owns both headphones can confirm my views?
I have to sell one of them to replace it with a "bass heavy" .. (the forum is said that this is very "fun", but I did not find large differences from my "flat" akg ..)
I currently have a hifiman ef2a as amp / dac .. the K612 seems to change a lot depending on the dac. which however in my experience it does not make the DT150(not so much as the K612).
There is someone who has both headphones and a dac updated?

I have both the DT 150 and the K612, with the Schiit Lyr 2 and an HRT Music Streamer II+ as an DAC. The DT 150 gets more musical with more use, it's also less fatiguing and less grainy than the K612. I'd say the DT 150 is the better headphone overall than the K612 and I do prefer the Dt 150 overall, especially after more use, the bass really kicks in on the DT 150 once the pads break in. I do think AKGs in general have a certain type of musicality to them that other dynamic simply headphones don't have, I've never been able to pinpoint exactly what it is but it has been present in all the AKGs I tried, it's something to do with the midrange, certain systems bring it out more. The AKGs are a bit pickier of the system than the Beyers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back