Best IEM for a bass head?
Feb 9, 2014 at 11:45 AM Post #61 of 84
I lost my JVC HA-FX1X on a holiday in Spain.
blink.gif

Now I think to buy JVC HA-FX101-A-E . Considered that I lose things sometimes, 50 euro is the max. I listen to Electronic House music and need lots of powerfull bass.  50Є for Hisoundaudio Wooduo 2  would be just the limit, but they are not for sale in Europe as far as I know. I prefer also a reliable supplier like Amazon, so that I can send them back in case of troubles. Choosing the right ear-buds is not only a question of sound, but finding the right mix between affordable, sound and availability.

Feb 12, 2014 at 4:12 PM Post #62 of 84
  I lost my JVC HA-FX1X on a holiday in Spain.
blink.gif

Now I think to buy JVC HA-FX101-A-E . Considered that I lose things sometimes, 50 euro is the max. I listen to Electronic House music and need lots of powerfull bass.  50Є for Hisoundaudio Wooduo 2  would be just the limit, but they are not for sale in Europe as far as I know. I prefer also a reliable supplier like Amazon, so that I can send them back in case of troubles. Choosing the right ear-buds is not only a question of sound, but finding the right mix between affordable, sound and availability.

Go EDM! Have you heard The Magician? His house sets lately have been really pushing me back into house. I found him on Soundcloud. Good remixes by him on there too.

Feb 13, 2014 at 11:16 PM Post #63 of 84
I lost my JVC HA-FX1X on a holiday in Spain. :blink:

Ath cks77x
Wooduo 2 - when its half price
Sony xb90ex - used - the best sub bass ( i have these)
Fx3x - better than fx101 in terms of build quality

Feb 14, 2014 at 1:24 AM Post #64 of 84
I lost my JVC HA-FX1X on a holiday in Spain. :blink:

ATH IM50/70. Powerful bass and soundstage. Price is in your bracket too.

Apr 20, 2014 at 7:48 AM Post #68 of 84
ATH im70 but quite hard to get

Aurisonics 1.2 or other models 

Aug 4, 2014 at 12:08 PM Post #71 of 84
It has been a while since I have posted here because I am not really a headphone junkie but this website is the best source for real reviews.  

I have been using the Hippo VB's for the last couple years and after a long burn in process they sounded great.  I was happy with the bass, but I did need to use the bass boost feature to get the most bass out of them.  I always used the Comply foam tips so I could get a great seal and keep background noise out of my ears.  I am back in the search for the ultimate bass head IEM's because the cord has broken the connection inside the left monitor and if you bend the cord just right it gets power tot he left monitor so the wire is obviously broken somewhere.

I also have the CKS55iS and they are okay in the bass department, but not good enough for me.  They are also too big for my ears and after an hour or so of wearing them my ears start to hurt.  So keep that in mind with your suggestions that I must have a smaller than average ear canal.  The Hippo's I could wear all day with only the slightest irritation at the close of the workday.  Another thing to mention about these is that a good bit of background noise was able to get through these IEM's.

I am a fabricator so noise elimination is a big thing for me when using a table saw, grinder, nail gun, etc...  I do not want to have to turn my IEM way up to overpower the background noise.  I just want the music to be at a medium volume, have the background noise muffled away, and to have the sub-bass blow my brain away HAHAHA  These IEM's need to be very durable as well as they will get snagged on workshop tables every once in a while, thrown in a laptop bag without protection, get sweat on everyday during the summer.  The Hippo's took the abuse for a couple years but obviously getting snagged on a table one too many times killed the cable.

Based on this thread I am looking into the following IEM's...
Sony MDR-XB90EX
HiSound Wooduo 2
Future Sonics Atrio MG7 (most expensive and might not be worth it due to the work environment)
Hippo VB's

I am really leaning towards the Son'y and HiSounds but an weary of the abuse.

Any help is appreciated.
Zac

Aug 5, 2014 at 8:47 PM Post #74 of 84
  Amazon lowered the price of JVC HA-FX101-A-E Xtreme Xplosives from 18,5 to 12,3 euro ! At this price there is simply no competition !

Okay so what is the difference between all the different ha-fx101 models?  Does it just refer to the color or are there differences in the sound?

I believe I had tried these before and wasn't very happy, but then again I never put them through a burn-in process.  Maybe they are better after a burn-in?

Aug 20, 2014 at 7:21 AM Post #75 of 84
@DeepwaterKoi there is only 1 Ha-fx101 model. Anyways guys so now i own the JVC FX1X and I'm very very content with these. I have heard a lot from everyone about the Sony XB90s and the Wooduo2s. I listen to mostly EDM with a bit of pop thrown in. I need lots of bass (obv) but listening to everyone comment on the "earth shattering" bass from the XB90s I'm starting to get a little wary of the rest of the sound(eg. trebles highs mids etc). Is the bass so high that it compromises on the quality of sound? What about for the Wooduos? Stacking up the 2 would any experienced being be kind enough to compare these 2 head to head?   

Users who are viewing this thread

Back