Best IEM for a bass head?
Dec 11, 2013 at 5:12 AM Post #18 of 84
Thanks Snyper for sharing your experience. This site ? Newbie never noticed classifieds on this site, will look. The problem is that Europe is relatively expensive for electronics. I wanted for example the Velodyne Vpulse, but they were even not available here. But I just Googled them again and there is a German importer now, who sells them for 100€, free shipment, via Amazon.de.  In the US about 90$ free shipment.  The cheapest I could find xb90ex here is at 111€ shipment inclusive. What to buy first ? My old "most wanted" Vpulse ? Or the newly hyped xb90ex ? Also considered that I am happy with JVC HA-FX1X. So buying new 100€ earbuds, I like it to give me a substantial improvement in deep bass performance. Like told above, Sony MDRXB600 is simply going in the closet, in my collection of never used headsets, and that's a pity.

Dec 11, 2013 at 12:45 PM Post #19 of 84
I understand that you are on a budget, but saving up for a better iem will be much more enjoyable than buying a cheaper iem and not enjoying them as much. Thats why imo you should save up for a xb90ex...maybe find one used that will ship to your country in this forum. I know this in my personal experience. Best of luck :)

Dec 11, 2013 at 2:14 PM Post #21 of 84
Three words: Hisound Wooduo 2. If you don't believe me, ask ljokerl on his epic thread. I don't think anything under 200$ compares with them, bass-wise.

2nd that. Wooduo 2 is simply the best regardless of price. Super tight bass without getting bloated or bassy. The bass is still quite overwelming. Closest thing to having a subwoofer in your ears. If you have a caraudiosystem with a good subwoofer you will be familiar with the sound of the wooduo.

But the best thing with the wooduo2 is that it's not only the bass. It's quite musical with quite good mids and highs.
I combine the wooduo with a Godap GD3 and a Iphone 3GS to get the perfect soundsignature to. Balanced but with a slamming subbass.

Dec 12, 2013 at 3:45 AM Post #24 of 84
Anyone have experiences with both the xb90ex and cks1000 with the wooduo 2 in terms of bass comparison/quality?

I would be interested in this as well. I am leaning towards the wooduo 2s right now, but would love a proper comparison. 

Dec 12, 2013 at 7:27 AM Post #25 of 84
Bass Quantity:wd2,xb90,cks1000
Bass impact:wd2,xb90,cks1000
Mids:Cks1000,xb90,wd2,xb90
Ear Fit:wd2,xb90,cks1000
Cable:cks1000,wd2=xb90
Value:wd2=cks1000,xb90

I feel for a "basshead" the wd2 satisfies very well. I almost feel like it is to much bass at times for me. And I am a bassy bass head. Almost all the iems and headphones posted in my profile are bass oriented signatures. The wd2 are light and very efficient. They don't have any sibilance. They do have a tiny amount of sparkle. Bass is the strong point. Lots of texture and impact compared to the other two. The cks1000 is very good iem for the price. Good quality and quantity. I sold it though because it wasn't satisfying my bass itch. The mids were what stuck out with the cks1000 the most. The xb90 felt cheap and plastic to me. I wasn't impressed by the sound to be honest. Bass quantity was close to the wd2 but definitely not impact. Also not as efficient as the wd2. The wd2 is an absolute killer. The bass can sometimes be overwhelming.

Dec 12, 2013 at 7:34 AM Post #26 of 84
Bass Quantity:wd2,xb90,cks1000
Bass impact:wd2,xb90,cks1000
Mids:Cks1000,xb90,wd2,xb90
Ear Fit:wd2,xb90,cks1000
Cable:cks1000,wd2=xb90
Value:wd2=cks1000,xb90

I feel for a "basshead" the wd2 satisfies very well. I almost feel like it is to much bass at times for me. And I am a bassy bass head. Almost all the iems and headphones posted in my profile are bass oriented signatures. The wd2 are light and very efficient. They don't have any sibilance. They do have a tiny amount of sparkle. Bass is the strong point. Lots of texture and impact compared to the other two. The cks1000 is very good iem for the price. Good quality and quantity. I sold it though because it wasn't satisfying my bass itch. The mids were what stuck out with the cks1000 the most. The xb90 felt cheap and plastic to me. I wasn't impressed by the sound to be honest. Bass quantity was close to the wd2 but definitely not impact. Also not as efficient as the wd2. The wd2 is an absolute killer. The bass can sometimes be overwhelming.

Awesome! Something to satisfy that basshead itch!
Thanks Eugguy 
beerchug.gif

Dec 12, 2013 at 8:00 AM Post #27 of 84
For the past few years I've just been focusing on bass oriented iems, with sound quality of course. If I heard the wd2 from the get go, I might have not had the opportunity to test out/buy all the iems posted. I consider the wd2 a bassheads iem. It's almost like a broken in IE8 on steroids.

Dec 12, 2013 at 9:55 AM Post #28 of 84
Its too bad wooduo does not have frequency response graphs for it...otherwise I would have the wooduos already :) the xb90ex is nothing like what euguy is describing it as with an eq. Of course i would go for the wooduos if i hadnt already bought my xb90ex a while back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back