Best IEM for a bass head?
Dec 12, 2013 at 4:04 PM Post #31 of 84
The S2 and XB90ex are totally different iems for what they go for. The is supposed to be warm and sweeter with mids and highs and not so much a basshead iem, whereas the xb90ex does completely opposite. Based on euguy's review though, I would chose the wooduo 2 over the xb90ex.

Dec 12, 2013 at 6:30 PM Post #32 of 84
I'd take XB41EX over 90 anyday, besides it's a lot cheaper. I tried 90, didn't even feel like they're extra bass earphones tbf. 41, however, makes you say 'damn, they are extra bass earphones'. Under 100$, 41 would be my choice. They're not widely available aynmore though.

Dec 13, 2013 at 6:10 PM Post #33 of 84
xb90ex has very big sub bass, it's more of a feeling rather than hearing, this also preserves other frequencies from being overwhelmed. cheaper xb models have bigger mid-bass, not sub bass, which make sound muddy and overwhelming other frequencies.

Dec 14, 2013 at 3:48 AM Post #34 of 84
Hisound Wooduo 2 is also not for sale for us poor Europeans
frown.gif
.  Could only find them on Ebay coming from Hong Kong, or from the US of course.

Dec 14, 2013 at 7:40 AM Post #36 of 84
Anyone compared the Hisound Wooduo 2 to Futuresonic Atrio MG7, which for me have the greatest subbass of all IEMs (even CIEM Merlins) I heared?

Dec 16, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #38 of 84
Hisoundaudio wooduo 2
You can get them on amazon for 80 bucks. These are the best i have found as far as bang for yout buck goes. True quality. Huge sound. You would ve very happy to have these iems

Dec 16, 2013 at 11:34 AM Post #39 of 84
Hisoundaudio wooduo 2
You can get them on amazon for 80 bucks. These are the best i have found as far as bang for yout buck goes. True quality. Huge sound. You would ve very happy to have these iems

+1...you can probably get the cheaper if you look everysooften. I got mine for $65. Just makes it that much a sweeter deal.

Dec 16, 2013 at 12:54 PM Post #41 of 84
Could only find them on Ebay coming from Hong Kong, or from the US of course.

Well I have asked that the HW2 seller on Ebay, based on what he says Eugguy who as I see in your profile, has had several bassists iems. HW2 hope they are level with the XB90 in terms of sub bass and most iems for bassheads, always focus on the mid bass and not the sub bass as in the case of XB90, who in my view, does a very good job and too low to none 
basshead.gif

Cheers.

Dec 16, 2013 at 4:26 PM Post #42 of 84
Hi Guys,

For you european basslovers I got a treat for you.
http://www.hisound.co.uk/in-ear-headphones-13-c.asp

AND 30% for being headfi: use code headfi30
AND free shipping.

Please click me if you find this a helpful tip.

PS thats 60€ for a wooduo 2!!!

AWESOME.

Merry Xmas.

Awesome deal for us europeans.

Jan 2, 2014 at 3:40 PM Post #44 of 84
Hey all, created an account just to thank everyone for sharing their insight. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the EB90EX's. Ordered through amazon to the states. I'll report back when the burn-in is complete and I can give my initial impressions. For now, thank you all again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back