Best headphones for hip hop/rap for 300$
Jun 18, 2012 at 7:39 PM Post #31 of 66
As far as trying headphones, Apple has a 14 day return, Amazon also has a return policy as long as you are purchasing through them directly and not a reseller (not sure if it applies to IEMs).  Best Buy has recently expanded their in-store headphone demo selection (also another section in Magnolia).

Ive been to best buy nuthin special. As for magnolia I'll check if there's one close to where I'm around.

Everyone here has been recommending a fiio e11 amp so i think I'll be getting one of those and wait for the m100s to come out then I'll be making mi final choice I hope.

Jun 18, 2012 at 7:56 PM Post #32 of 66
Quote:
Ive been to best buy nuthin special. As for magnolia I'll check if there's one close to where I'm around.
Everyone here has been recommending a fiio e11 amp so i think I'll be getting one of those and wait for the m100s to come out then I'll be making mi final choice I hope.

The E11 with the M-100 sounds like a killer combo!  V-Moda also has a 60-day return.

Jun 30, 2012 at 5:10 PM Post #33 of 66
Hello head fi peoplz it's been awhile since I last posted sumthing I'm still waiting to hear about the upcoming m100s but I did alot of research on a bunch of headphones and I'm just wondering what u guys think of these:
•Beyerdynamic dt1350
•Sennheiser hd 25-1 ii
•B&W p5

Jun 30, 2012 at 7:43 PM Post #34 of 66
Quote:
Hello head fi peoplz it's been awhile since I last posted sumthing I'm still waiting to hear about the upcoming m100s but I did alot of research on a bunch of headphones and I'm just wondering what u guys think of these:
•Beyerdynamic dt1350
•Sennheiser hd 25-1 ii
•B&W p5

IMO, the last two (the only ones I have auditioned) do NOT offer satisfying bass/sub bass if you are primarily listening to hip hop or rap.  My recommendation would be to wait a month for the M-100, or check out the V-Moda LP2 if you can't wait

Jul 1, 2012 at 10:24 AM Post #35 of 66
Beyerdynamic dt1350 - Decent bass but you have to get a perfect seal on your ear to find it. This leads to discomfort. Maybe a tad shrill on the high end. I use these headphones for rock rather than rap.

Sennheiser hd 25-1 ii - Fast and forward bass as well as a very intimate soundstage. You might like it for hip hop for these reasons. But I found it to have weird vocal presentation (hollow and distant). Definitely try before you buy.

B&W p5 - Good amount of bass but lacks punch. The colored midrange presentation is love or hate.

Recently picked up a pair of House of Marley Exodus headphones for about $60 from ebay. I would choose these over the above mentioned for hip hop. Great bass response and vocal presentation.

Jul 1, 2012 at 10:56 AM Post #36 of 66
Beyerdynamic dt1350 - Decent bass but you have to get a perfect seal on your ear to find it. This leads to discomfort. Maybe a tad shrill on the high end. I use these headphones for rock rather than rap.

Sennheiser hd 25-1 ii - Fast and forward bass as well as a very intimate soundstage. You might like it for hip hop for these reasons. But I found it to have weird vocal presentation (hollow and distant). Definitely try before you buy.

B&W p5 - Good amount of bass but lacks punch. The colored midrange presentation is love or hate.

Recently picked up a pair of House of Marley Exodus headphones for about $60 from ebay. I would choose these over the above mentioned for hip hop. Great bass response and vocal presentation.

There was a demo of the exodus in best buy but unfortunately the right ear pad was gone so I couldn't truly listen to them. Does the apple store have any headphone demos?

Jul 13, 2012 at 8:12 PM Post #41 of 66
Ok....I know it sounds dumb, but get the Dr. dre beats, or the Dr. beats or something....they have the best bass....also, if you look around, you might find the sennheiser hd600 for a decent price....and they beast the beats :)

Jul 13, 2012 at 11:42 PM Post #44 of 66
Quote:
Btw craigster75 what are your impressions on the psb m4u2? I remember u saying in one thread tht u compared them to the ultrasone signature pro.

Really impressive to me.  I find them to have near perfect SQ for my taste for nearly every genre.  They have incredible detail for the price and I thought they come close to the Signature Pro in SQ and detail which is really saying something based on the price difference.  I could be happy with either one for portable listening.  While both of these have powerful, deep bass when called for, I wouldn't say bass is prominent enough to purchase for primarily listening to rap and hip hop.  However, if your taste in music includes other genres, you could always run through a portable amp with bass boost as both can handle whatever bass you dish out.

Jul 13, 2012 at 11:50 PM Post #45 of 66
Some other lower cost options:

V-Moda LP2- I haven't heard them, but reviews describe them as bassy

M-Audio Q40- needs an amp like the E11 and WOW the bass is amazing- tight and deep without bleeding into the mids.  The downside is that, while they are not bright light Ultrasones, they can be sibilant.

Audio Technica ATH PRO 700 MKII- I haven't heard these either, but based on reviews, described as some of the best bass available, but somewhat dark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back