Best headphones for $100 or less?
Nov 12, 2012 at 7:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Thadious James

New Head-Fier
Just looking for some higher quality headphones for $100 or less. My current headphones are the Incipio F38 headphones. I've been looking at Grado sr80i, some used ATH-M50's, Phillips City-Scape, and Shure SRH440. Give me some recommendations. I listen to mostly Punk, Thrash, Indie, Ska, Ska-Punk, Folk, acoustic music, Andrew WK (I have no Idea what genre he is, like metal and punk but with emphasis on electronic music. If you listen to him you know what I mean.) I hear the SR-80i's are great for rock and jazz which I listen to most, but I haven't decided whether or not I want open back. So give me anything and everything for $100 or less.

Nov 12, 2012 at 7:45 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:
Just looking for some higher quality headphones for $100 or less. My current headphones are the Incipio F38 headphones. I've been looking at Grado sr80i, some used ATH-M50's, Phillips City-Scape, and Shure SRH440. Give me some recommendations. I listen to mostly Punk, Thrash, Indie, Ska, Ska-Punk, Folk, acoustic music, Andrew WK (I have no Idea what genre he is, like metal and punk but with emphasis on electronic music. If you listen to him you know what I mean.) I hear the SR-80i's are great for rock and jazz which I listen to most, but I haven't decided whether or not I want open back. So give me anything and everything for $100 or less.

Heya,

There's no best. Just several flavors. Look for reviews on how these sound:

AKG K240
AKG K240 MKII
AKG K271 MKII
Sony MDRZX700
Shure SRH440
Grado SR60i with L-Cush Pads
Samson SR850
Superlux HD668B
AudioTechnica TAD500
AudioTechnica A700