Best Gaming Headphones.... With Poll? BUDGET: £100-£250
Oct 20, 2010 at 5:08 PM Post #256 of 319

Congratulations and welcome to true hifi listening.  I have DT-990s and I can only imagine how great the 770s sound while gaming.  BF BC2 uses EXCELLENT quality sound.  With a good source it is truly amazing!

*Wife cancelling headphones engaged*  
basshead.gif

Quote:

[size=10.0pt]Well... 
dt880smile.png
[/size] my dt 770 pro 80 arrived today and wooooooooohooooooooooooo!!!!! complete (almost complete truly) satisfaction!

[size=10.0pt]Listening to Massive Attack is just incredible, When I wore them for the first time I was expecting to be blown away by the bass... it did not blew me by the first song, but one after another, this thing is perfect for me and my untrained ears.[/size]

[size=10.0pt]I played a round of BBC2 and a little bit of splinter cell conviction and I’m happy to say that everything was waaayyyyy clearer and fun sound wise, I’m still waiting for the Dss that should probably get here tomorrow. But so far Im really, really happy with my first decent pairs of cans.[/size]

[size=10.0pt]The sound isolation is perfect for me!!! the cans mute the noisy computer and air conditioner, I barely hear the wife speaking!!!! and I love the way I can enjoy stuff that I couldn’t hear before while playing or listening to music![/size]

[size=10.0pt]Is not perfect! in one song that I have of massive attack (angel) I can hear a rattle in the left can, but not in heavy bass others songs... it's a flac so I don’t think is something in the song, but even with that I still enjoy my new cans![/size]

[size=10.0pt]This is the best early birthday gift ever!!![/size]

biggrin.gif

Oct 21, 2010 at 8:45 AM Post #258 of 319
Congrats on your purchase Mateo. One large piece of advice, once you get the DSS, I'd suggest leaving the Bass Boost all the way at minimum. Anymore bass will just make the 770 Pros incredibly muddy.

Enjoy the most incredible positional cues I have ever heard, and immersive sound. The soundstage is also untraditionally large further making it ideal as a fun gaming headphone. They wouldn't be my first (or 10th) choice when it comes to competitive gaming (due to the biiiiig bass, and warm signature), but the 770 Pros have a special place in my heart.

Oct 22, 2010 at 4:29 PM Post #260 of 319
Today i received  my long awaited DT770-80 Pro headphones (sent by postal service from germany? i bought them at amazon.fr 4october), my first impression is that they are very confortable and provide a good isolation, the bult quality seems good too, I am quite happy with them.

I played some CoD4 and MW2, and i think I hear more detalis and more explosions too, i tried the creative software a bit X-Fi 3D demo when a helicopter tuns around yourself 360º its hard to tell when fron to behind ,just to be more detailed i kinda fail to identify as forwad sound when the source is suposed to be between  11 and 1 directions I identify it as it were behindwell maybe its creative fault or myself

I am not sure about if I need a Headphone amp when i use it from pc soundcard or mp3 players, also looking bass mods or equalizers, Hifi is a big world so many things to learn and try

Oct 22, 2010 at 5:24 PM Post #261 of 319
I have DT-990 600 ohms and front to back works well with cmss-3d.  You would probably benefit substantially with an AMP.  High end Beyers (770,880,990) are typically power hungry models.

Your issue might be either an AMP to expand the sound stage or the DT-770s do not have proper sound stage location

Oct 22, 2010 at 6:18 PM Post #262 of 319

Quote:
Today i received  my long awaited DT770-80 Pro headphones (sent by postal service from germany? i bought them at amazon.fr 4october), my first impression is that they are very confortable and provide a good isolation, the bult quality seems good too, I am quite happy with them.

That's great!!! I'm glad you like 'em

Oct 22, 2010 at 6:33 PM Post #264 of 319

Quote:
Congratulations and welcome to true hifi listening.  I have DT-990s and I can only imagine how great the 770s sound while gaming.  BF BC2 uses EXCELLENT quality sound.  With a good source it is truly amazing!

*Wife cancelling headphones engaged*  
basshead.gif

Thanks!!! I really... really enjoy playing BC2 with them!!

Oct 22, 2010 at 9:30 PM Post #265 of 319
I think the PC games have in game audio options that you may have to adjust as well.

I'm a console gamer so I don't know exactly how it's supposed to work on PC.

I do believe your PC has to have a Dolby Digital 5.1 selection in order to let Dolby Headphone do it's thing... maybe. That and/or Pro Logic II.

Oct 22, 2010 at 9:39 PM Post #266 of 319
Ya you need to have windows set to surround sound on windows and in game.

Oct 22, 2010 at 10:18 PM Post #267 of 319

Quote:
[...]I do believe your PC has to have a Dolby Digital 5.1 selection in order to let Dolby Headphone do it's thing... maybe. That and/or Pro Logic II.[...]

Yo're right! that's where I think where the problem is... I need to use dolby live in order to have a dolby digital signal for my DSS, but the driver that I have is for vista (x32) and the function to active the dolby live is there but I cant get it to work (clicking it wont do anything).

Quote:
Ya you need to have windows set to surround sound on windows and in game.

Thanks! I tried that too... still stereo sound for me 
frown.gif

Oct 23, 2010 at 6:18 AM Post #270 of 319
You might be one of those people whose ears don't work well with XFi's CMSS 3D Headphone, or maybe it's not set up properly? I found that CMSS Headphone did a great job fooling me into thinking sounds came from in front or behind. Are you using a Creative X-Fi? Just one caution, make sure in the XFI panel that you don't sync it with the Control Panel for games.  Still the helicopter demo should sound flawless. I always hear the copter behind me when it's behind me.

Quote:

I played some CoD4 and MW2, and i think I hear more detalis and more explosions too, i tried the creative software a bit X-Fi 3D demo when a helicopter tuns around yourself 360º its hard to tell when fron to behind ,just to be more detailed i kinda fail to identify as forwad sound when the source is suposed to be between  11 and 1 directions I identify it as it were behindwell maybe its creative fault or myself

I am not sure about if I need a Headphone amp when i use it from pc soundcard or mp3 players, also looking bass mods or equalizers, Hifi is a big world so many things to learn and try

Users who are viewing this thread

Back