Best Gaming Headphones.... With Poll? BUDGET: £100-£250
Oct 23, 2010 at 7:45 AM Post #272 of 319

Quote:
Just one caution, make sure in the XFI panel that you don't sync it with the Control Panel for games.

I am on win xp professional 32, i dont know where I set sync on/off with the contol pannel,

ok found it sry for post, but what does it do why its bad?

Oct 23, 2010 at 12:47 PM Post #273 of 319
Even the 32 ohm 770s require an amp 
smile.gif

Quote:
What is the ohm version of your dt770?

If it is any higher than 32ohm a amplifier will be required.

Oct 23, 2010 at 1:55 PM Post #274 of 319
Yeah I had the DT880 32 ohm and I still felt that it needed an amp, though the E5 was good enough for me, and I believe the E7 sounds even better.

Oct 24, 2010 at 7:38 AM Post #276 of 319
The impedance is but one equation towards getting good audio. Most 32ohms will sound fine with an Ipod, but certain headphones with low impedance AND low sensitivity will sound weak without some form of amping. The Beyerdynamic DT770/880/990 32ohm models are all pretty low in sensitivity, and can't be compared to other 32ohm headphones with relatively high sensitivity.

That's not to say that an ipod won't drive them loudly, but just hooking up a small amp like the E5 (or even better, the E7) with the lod cable that Fiio sells will make them sound better. The 32ohm Beyers aren't hard to drive, but they DO benefit from amping more than other 32ohm headphones.

Oct 25, 2010 at 3:10 PM Post #279 of 319
I think the Beyer 32ohms will benefit from beefier amps than with an E5 or something cheap. As easy as they are to drive, they have a lot of potential for growth with amps. That's what I gathered when I heard my DT880s. I honestly don't think they should be used unamped. I'd start off with at least the Fiio E7...

I'm LOOOOOOVING my DT990/600 gaming. Impressive bass, exceptional clarity, large soundstage, and good positional cues. Of course, this is all with Dolby Headphone. I don't play in stereo, as I have already mentioned.

Oct 25, 2010 at 3:25 PM Post #280 of 319
I own 3 headphones that I switch between for gaming: Beyer DT-770 Pro 250 ohm, Sony MDR V6, and Audio-Technica ATH-AD700.

I consider the AD700 and DT-770 to be polar opposites; DT-770 is for single-player epic experiences, AD700 is for multiplayer with its clear high frequencies and positioning. The DT-770 does have very nice positioning too, but when I play a game like Left 4 Dead, it gets lost to the overpowering bass in hectic situations. But the AD700's lack of bass makes it boring to use with single-player games that are meant to shake the room with their sound.

The Sony MDR-V6 has the better qualities of both; it has a strong bass, clear positioning, bright high frequencies for multiplayer, and a great sound overall. In my experience, it's the best "jack of all trades" headphone for under $100. So it's what I'm wearing most of the time, but when I want to go to one extreme of sound or the other, I need to switch. It's also a bit less comfortable, and sounds a little more fatiguing than the other two.

Oct 25, 2010 at 5:15 PM Post #282 of 319

I'm pretty sure he means he has the 600 Ohm version of the 990s
Quote:
Congrats on your dt990/600

I am assuming the 600 are the hd600?

Correct?

I heard phones like the hd600 and hd650 weren't sennheiserscup of tea why it comes to gaming...

I suppose there primary purpose was music listening pleasure, but do you think they could cope or perform well when gaming?

I agree... The Beyer's are hard to drive even the 32ohms versions, and i have hearrd man,many people say they benefit from a amp...

But such a cheap amp like Fiio E7, i find hard to believe a big noticeable change would occur...

Thanks for the input on the dt990/600...

Keep your thoughts,views and op ions coming...

Oct 25, 2010 at 5:59 PM Post #283 of 319
Yeah DT990 600ohms. Sorry.

I wouldn't go for Sennheiser, as they tend to be dark/warm. A big no no for me.

Oct 25, 2010 at 7:22 PM Post #284 of 319
Quote:
Dolby Headphone. I don't play in stereo

You mean that you use a mixamp or a turtle beach as amp while playing?, i play on pc so creative xtrem gamer card should do the doubly trick but anyways it still stereo even if it uses Doubly software or creative procssing right ? yet

About the benefits of an amp (for my Dt770-80)  I was thinking or going into DiY and  build the M3 stereo amplifier i feel like soldering again, still thinking about it.

Oct 26, 2010 at 12:31 AM Post #285 of 319
I use the Mixamp. It uses Dolby Headphone which takes a Dolby Digital signal and processes into virtual surround through two headphone speakers. The end result is phenomenal, and once you get used to it, there's no way you can go back to regular bare bones stereo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back