Best Gaming Headphones.... With Poll? BUDGET: £100-£250
Nov 17, 2010 at 5:42 AM Post #303 of 319
Because it is not on the polls and because lots of people have a crazy phobia against multiple drivers headset.

Quote:
Out of curiosity, why no psyko audio?  I'd think that directional waveguide headphones would fit the bill precisely where gaming is concerned.

Nov 17, 2010 at 6:59 AM Post #304 of 319
Probably because the cons outweigh the pros. They sound like **** compared to a great stereo headphone with virtual surround. But I'm not gonna start debating it with you AGAIN.

Nov 17, 2010 at 10:40 AM Post #305 of 319

Quote:
Probably because the cons outweigh the pros. They sound like **** compared to a great stereo headphone with virtual surround. But I'm not gonna start debating it with you AGAIN.

Quote:
Because it is not on the polls and because lots of people have a crazy phobia against multiple drivers headset.

Quote:
Have you tried any of the above in the poll with the Astro Mixamp? That's why.

Whoa! Okay! Okay!  I had read generally positive reviews about them when they came out, admittedly on gaming websites.  I didn't realize that they sounded that bad.

Nov 17, 2010 at 1:19 PM Post #306 of 319
Don't say they sound bad before you try it yourself.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Have you tried any of the above in the poll with the Astro Mixamp? That's why.

Whoa! Okay! Okay!  I had read generally positive reviews about them when they came out, admittedly on gaming websites.  I didn't realize that they sounded that bad.

Nov 17, 2010 at 1:51 PM Post #308 of 319
Neither I.

I thought you were talking about 5.1 multi drivers generaly.

Quote:

Quote:
Don't say they sound bad before you try it yourself.

At $299, I'm not going to try them with an endorsement like this:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/484372/psyko-5-1-headphones#post_6574472

Nov 19, 2010 at 3:16 PM Post #310 of 319
Well, for gaming I would go with the Razer megalodon or baracuda - I have both of them and they sound pretty decent for that money, especially with a good audio card. I know most people don't like multiple driver headphones but none of your suggestions for stereo speakers or virtual 5.1 can beat the positioning of multiple drivers. I really like shooters and positioning is what is important in games - not how detailed and crisp are the sounds during a gunfight or how controlled and punchy is the bass of the exploding granades. I just reaaly like the accuracy the Razer ones have and the soundstage is awesome

Nov 19, 2010 at 3:26 PM Post #311 of 319
Quote:
Well, for gaming I would go with the Razer megalodon or baracuda - I have both of them and they sound pretty decent for that money, especially with a good audio card. I know most people don't like multiple driver headphones but none of your suggestions for stereo speakers or virtual 5.1 can beat the positioning of multiple drivers. I really like shooters and positioning is what is important in games - not how detailed and crisp are the sounds during a gunfight or how controlled and punchy is the bass of the exploding granades. I just reaaly like the accuracy the Razer ones have and the soundstage is awesome

Have you read this thread at all? Your multiple drivers opinion is a minority here; have you tried the Mixamp/DSS/etc at all?

EDIT: Actually... You realize Razer's headsets are stereo with virtual surround and not actual 5.1/7.1 with multiple drivers? What was that you said again?

Quote:
kova4a said:

I know most people don't like multiple driver headphones but none of your suggestions for stereo speakers or virtual 5.1 can beat the positioning of multiple drivers.

Sorry, but you just got owned... by yourself.

Nov 19, 2010 at 5:39 PM Post #312 of 319
I'm sorry but you are wrong again...
Razer megalodon has virtual surround, but razer barracuda is a multiple drivers headset.
IT is really close to turtle beach hpa2. Some peolple believe it is sourced from same OEM.

Quote:
Quote:

Have you read this thread at all? Your multiple drivers opinion is a minority here; have you tried the Mixamp/DSS/etc at all?

EDIT: Actually... You realize Razer's headsets are stereo with virtual surround and not actual 5.1/7.1 with multiple drivers? What was that you said again?

Quote:
kova4a said:

I know most people don't like multiple driver headphones but none of your suggestions for stereo speakers or virtual 5.1 can beat the positioning of multiple drivers.

Sorry, but you just got owned... by yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back