Best Gaming Headphones.... With Poll? BUDGET: £100-£250
Oct 27, 2010 at 9:23 AM Post #287 of 319

Quote:
I'm LOOOOOOVING my DT990/600 gaming. Impressive bass, exceptional clarity, large soundstage, and good positional cues. Of course, this is all with Dolby Headphone. I don't play in stereo, as I have already mentioned.

Congratulations!!!! 
beerchug.gif

Oct 27, 2010 at 9:38 AM Post #288 of 319

Quote:
I use the Mixamp. It uses Dolby Headphone which takes a Dolby Digital signal and processes into virtual surround through two headphone speakers. The end result is phenomenal, and once you get used to it, there's no way you can go back to regular bare bones stereo.

I totally agree! I have the turtle beach DSS and my first impression was.. meh! (my computer onboard audio supposedly supports  Dolby Digital Live and I couldn't get games or movies to sound right with it) PS3 was another story... after putting CoDMWF and turning the thing on!! it's hard to describe... the sound it's not coming like from back or front, surround left or right... but I could say really easily where it was coming from, I could hear the bullets zipping and pinpoint enemies by sound, the sound had space and that I loved!
smily_headphones1.gif

IMHO the DSS it's not that good with movies. as I couldn't get the same immersion level as in games, in games it really shines! pairing it with the DT 770 pro 80 gave me excellent results! 

Nov 14, 2010 at 1:46 PM Post #295 of 319
Since this is the gaming headphone thread.  What do people find with their setups and black ops?  

Am I the only one that absolutely cannot hear footsteps at all in this game.  I swear I can barely hear my own characters footsteps in the game even without the ninja perk.  It's highly annoying getting knifed and see the killcam where the guy is running behind you for about 30 seconds swiping and missing constantly and you didn't hear a thing.... 

Nov 14, 2010 at 3:31 PM Post #296 of 319
Treyarch is releasing a patch to fix the footsteps.  Even without ninja, they are almost inaudible.  Black ops blows though 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Quote:
Since this is the gaming headphone thread.  What do people find with their setups and black ops?  

Am I the only one that absolutely cannot hear footsteps at all in this game.  I swear I can barely hear my own characters footsteps in the game even without the ninja perk.  It's highly annoying getting knifed and see the killcam where the guy is running behind you for about 30 seconds swiping and missing constantly and you didn't hear a thing.... 

Nov 15, 2010 at 11:35 AM Post #298 of 319
I am absolutely in love with black ops! I love the sound in its quiet realism. However, I am having difficulty with the virtual 3D CMSS. Anyone else experiencing these anomalies?

Nov 15, 2010 at 12:41 PM Post #299 of 319
IT seems as the problem is with this particular game audio. I have read lots of complaints

Users who are viewing this thread

Back