Best Dubstep Heaphones for $200?
Jun 22, 2012 at 1:15 PM Post #16 of 46
Thanks! So now ist the ultimate decision. PRO750 vs DT770. Who will win? Find out soon! Haha! What I'm really going for is best quality. Meaning if the DT's are better than the PRO's I'll get the better ones (vice versa). But like i said i'm also going for portability. So for one last asking and one last post, could someone tell me of the Beyerdynamic DT770's are the SAME if not more or less QUALITY(meaning audio quality) as the PRO's? If they are the same/better, ill get the PRO's. If the PRO's are worse, Ill get the DT's. Thanks! 

Jun 23, 2012 at 10:37 AM Post #17 of 46
You can grab some AH-D 2000's from amazon right now for $245 bucks. Not quite under $200 but its close and still think its very much worth it. I also think you should go for the D2000's. They are cheap, affordable, and they go GREAT for dubstep. Dubstep/electronic is something the whole line is somewhat famous for and even the Denon nay sayers will tell you that music goes great with them. GL in your search.

Jun 23, 2012 at 12:06 PM Post #18 of 46
Quote:

Heya,

M-Audio Q40 with a Fiio E11 (or Fiio E7). Perfect for Dub under $200.

I completely agree with mal. I only listen to dubstep. I've used the DT's and the 990's are nott good for recreational use. I've tried a couple of different headphones and found I could not find any that fit me seeing as I only listen to dubstep. but I heard about the Q40's + Fiio E11 and decided to try it out. I have not regretted spending a single cent on it. I got the headphone + amp for 220 and it is killer for dubheads. The bass is insane. I feel it rumbling on my head, all the while not drowning out that mids and still retaining neutral highs. And as far as I know, that is how dubstep should be played. Dubsteps most important elements are high + lows so having that and the mids still there makes it great.

Jun 23, 2012 at 12:17 PM Post #19 of 46
Quote:
Thanks! So now ist the ultimate decision. PRO750 vs DT770

I'll be perfectly honest with you. Buying headphones with no amp, especially if you're playing from your phone, is a dumb decision. I have gone down that road. I'm playing music from my phone, for now, and you will get minimal increase in quality without an amp. If you really want it just for dubstep (meaning you want good bass) then you're going to need an amp and you cant get the 770's with a good amp under $200. I've used different phones and the bass without an amp is a NOT that big of a difference. My budget was $200 so I tried the Q40's + E11 amp and I'm loving my music atm. Unless you are willing to spend over 200 bucks, the best decision would be the Q40's + E11 or E7 amp. Either that or you'll be using phones that are being held back from true potential because they're ampless.

Jun 23, 2012 at 1:28 PM Post #21 of 46
DT770 is in my opinion a little more colored than the ah D2000 in which is more balanced.. I will also suggest the ATH pro700mkII an amp might benefit a little bit, though it doesnt need high end amp. Or HFI580 from ultrasone, they have this artificial metallic treble that in my opinion sounds best with electronic music, but it might be too screechy if you dont like treble

Jun 24, 2012 at 9:37 PM Post #26 of 46
My Audio-Technica ATH-CKS77  are pretty awesome for dubstep. They're also versatile enough for movies and games. I wouldn't going for cans that are too smooth and dark, some sparkle up in the treble is nice.

The thing about the CKS77 is that the bass is quick and punchy and never boomy.

Jun 25, 2012 at 1:37 AM Post #27 of 46
AGH! SO MANY DAMN CANS! Ok, will anyone that had experience with MANY of these headphones and primary listens to dubstep (Funtcase,Bar9,Downlink,Excision,Doctor P, Figure, etc that type) please tell me which one of these headphones is best. I really like that BOOM bass. Also, I'm getting a Fiio E5 (Figured $25, eh, Phuck It!) if that helps your selections. And please don't reccomend thing that are good with bass but TERRIBLE with everything else. Thank you. 

Jun 25, 2012 at 1:55 AM Post #29 of 46
AGH! SO MANY DAMN CANS! Ok, will anyone that had experience with MANY of these headphones and primary listens to dubstep (Funtcase,Bar9,Downlink,Excision,Doctor P, Figure, etc that type) please tell me which one of these headphones is best. I really like that BOOM bass. Also, I'm getting a Fiio E5 (Figured $25, eh, Phuck It!) if that helps your selections. And please don't reccomend thing that are good with bass but TERRIBLE with everything else. Thank you. 

I don't list to many of those groups, but I enjoy Flux Pavilion, Nero, Skrillex, Kamo & Crooked, and so on quite frequently. I would regard the PRO2900 as the most fun I've heard for that genre overall. Something that you can actually afford, I would probably stretch a bit for the QC15 or consider the ESW9 if on-ear isn't a problem for you. The Denon D2000 are also a good choice, if you can find a pair at a reasonable price (~$300 or less).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back