Best Bass Headphones in The World
Nov 1, 2013 at 5:31 PM Post #92 of 198
I think the LCD3 has the best bass.  It is extremely detailed yet one of the most forgiving of poor source, the best slam I've ever heard, never encroaches on the midrange.  I'd even go so far to say perfect bass.  I have never heard any headphone or speaker than even comes close.

I love my HD800s for alot of reasons, but not their bass.  The HD800 has detailed, quick, thin sounding, delicate bass that lacks slam and has a mediocre extension relative to the LCDs.  HD800s certainly aren't known on these forums for their bass and IME is trumped by alot of headphones over >1k.  I'd certainly question someone's ears if they regarded HD800s bass as the best.  Its like saying the AKG K701 has best bass in its class.

Dec 15, 2013 at 1:34 AM Post #93 of 198
I made a pair of headphones with such bass you could hear the plastic shell creaking with no amplification i beleve the Lafayette Model F-990 will be the best most headphones drivers are 50mm to 60mm the Lafayette Model F-990 have 88.7mm drivers

Dec 15, 2013 at 1:59 AM Post #94 of 198
oh my godd... I wish I could getta pair of TH900. they sound like a dream... a slightly bassheader's dream 
rolleyes.gif

Dec 15, 2013 at 4:47 AM Post #95 of 198
I know what I heard. The measurements prove it. You all just can't accept that your headphone isn't perfect. If you love it and enjoy its sound then that's your prerogative, more power to you. That doesn't change the fact that it's objectively worse than something else, and the HD800 falls short in the areas I mentioned, especially bass. The rolloff starts too early and it's too loose and uncontrolled compared to other headphones near its pricerange. Tyll's measurements prove this.

So what others say is opinion, but what you say is objective fact?

Their headphone isn't perfect but yours is?

:rolleyes:

Dec 15, 2013 at 12:32 PM Post #96 of 198
The best basshead headphones in the world for me are the Sony MDR-X10 headphones.

Keep in mind I havn't tried the V-moda headphones or the Ultrasone Pro900s. Those Sony MDR-X10s definately have more bass and more clear and accurate sounding than beats however which I have tried.

Dec 15, 2013 at 1:07 PM Post #97 of 198
I made a pair of headphones with such bass you could hear the plastic shell creaking with no amplification i beleve the Lafayette Model F-990 will be the best most headphones drivers are 50mm to 60mm the Lafayette Model F-990 have 88.7mm drivers

More info please.............where are they available? Interesting.

Dec 15, 2013 at 1:29 PM Post #98 of 198
I like the XB500s, and they are pretty EQ-flexible for even more bass if you want it. Good deal too, I got mine at $60 even when they were discontinued.

Dec 15, 2013 at 9:32 PM Post #99 of 198
Chiming in for the Sony MDR-XB1000s.
I have yet to hear anything better for dubstep, especially at the price range.
No it isn't the most controlled bass but I don't listen to dubstep the way I listen to other genres so the accuracy isn't as important.
If bass is horsepower these cans are drag cars.
Properly amped these will shake your skull and rattle your teeth the way a good club setup will.

Dec 15, 2013 at 9:37 PM Post #100 of 198
  Chiming in for the Sony MDR-XB1000s.
I have yet to hear anything better for dubstep, especially at the price range.
No it isn't the most controlled bass but I don't listen to dubstep the way I listen to other genres so the accuracy isn't as important.
If bass is horsepower these cans are drag cars.
Properly amped these will shake your skull and rattle your teeth the way a good club setup will.

You mean those car tires from Sony? I want them. Bad. Like really bad. The XB-1000s are probably the best bass-head headphones out there.

Dec 17, 2013 at 4:00 PM Post #103 of 198
I was thinking the same thing... Not the greatest pairs of headphones around, and to be honest, I almost get sick of looking at them.

Dec 17, 2013 at 4:17 PM Post #104 of 198
For sub bass the XB920 (MDR-X10) kill anything I've heard prior (XB500, XB700, XB1000 and DT770/80)

Dec 17, 2013 at 5:42 PM Post #105 of 198
I'd have to agree with whoever said about EQ'ing... without doubt it can take what you thought wasn't possible to wow, on my hd-650's when I first got them paired with my new amp balanced I was like what bass?  Are they the most bassey I'd assume not, but without eq it felt like I was robbed by peoples reviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back