Best Bass Headphones in The World
Mar 2, 2014 at 1:38 AM Post #196 of 198
I call B.S.

I got them and play them with Beats Pro, Beats Studio V-Moda 100, Yamaha 500 ....and the 77's (there are 2 , one labeled "new version" on Amazon) None of those beat the 77 in tight ear ,jaw, side of face vibrating air shoving tight bass.

I call absolute B.S.

Show  me pics of the 77's on your amp. XB 700 ...better? That's flat out crazy talk. If hard impact bass without distortion is what we are talking about then you are in the wrong thread with those 700's

Denon Urban Ravers, SMS Street, VelodyneVtrue, and an assortment of other pre-tuned bassed up drivers give bigger "impact" Bass than the Sony's.  Your comparing apples to oranges. At least debate cans in the same genre' targeting the same audience. 

The owner of the 77's eventually got tired of them and got Ultrasones, but I'd be willing to try them again if you can find me a pair at a reasonable price. The main reason I was interested in trying them at all was because of ourfpshero's impressions, but once I heard them myself, I didn't really like what I heard.

The fact that they were so visceral was my issue with them initially. In trying to make them move so much air, they also lacked control in that aspect.

I wasn't comparing them to the XB700, especially since the last time I heard a pair was in 2012, but I was hoping that the 77 would sound like a better version of them.

Mar 2, 2014 at 3:29 AM Post #197 of 198
The owner of the 77's eventually got tired of them and got Ultrasones, but I'd be willing to try them again if you can find me a pair at a reasonable price. The main reason I was interested in trying them at all was because of ourfpshero's impressions, but once I heard them myself, I didn't really like what I heard.

The fact that they were so visceral was my issue with them initially. In trying to make them move so much air, they also lacked control in that aspect.

I wasn't comparing them to the XB700, especially since the last time I heard a pair was in 2012, but I was hoping that the 77 would sound like a better version of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back